Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Wrong.

She will appear in a raid, just not the first raid tier.
    The second first tier aid will concern her activities, though. She might make a show, even if not as a boss. She seems to have a penchant for that anyway.

I think this is going a bit like MoP. Starts out as faction rivalry(although a bit more explicit), then segues into something different. That one also started as Horde and Alliance going to new lands for resources.

What i like most is that the stakes have been lowered. Legion was essentially fighting a force that threatened the entire universe right from the start. For now, we're just beating up each other.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The second first tier aid will concern her activities, though. She might make a show, even if not as a boss. She seems to have a penchant for that anyway.

I think this is going a bit like MoP. Starts out as faction rivalry(although a bit more explicit), then segues into something different. That one also started as Horde and Alliance going to new lands for resources.
    Great, Why not set that theme right away, then? Just make it about Old Gods and Azshara from the get go, instead of this faction war crap nobody cares about. It's just so lackluster and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    so everyone saw the reveal yesterday, and it looks like Blizzard is taking WoW back on a very, very bad path again.

An expansion without a major enemy that is only about Alliance vs. Horde? How is that going to work in a mainly PvE focused game? It's not gonna. Island hopping sounds boring and will get old really fast. Looks like MoP scenarios, which were horrible.

And this whole one continent for Alliance, one for Horde? Then where are the dungeons and raids are going to be? Which enemies are we going to fight?

Basically we got an expansion with subraces (oh, great, what an incredible feature!), boring island scenarios and no major enemy to fight but lots of bad PvP. Wow! Great job Blizzard! Sub numbers are gonna tank hard once the excitement for vanilla servers diminishes
    Warcraft 3 was the Major factions all fighting each other while the Legion invaded behind the Scourge and the Horde's Invasion.
    With Horde and Alliance fighting, it paves the way for the Old Gods to invade from the rubble. We already know that Azshara is the final boss if the expansion.
    Really this is just Warcraft 3 in MMO form. I see nothing wrong with this.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMtnBoys View Post
    Warcraft 3 was the Major factions all fighting each other while the Legion invaded behind the Scourge and the Horde's Invasion.
    With Horde and Alliance fighting, it paves the way for the Old Gods to invade from the rubble. We already know that Azshara is the final boss if the expansion.
    Really this is just Warcraft 3 in MMO form. I see nothing wrong with this.
    She won't be the end boss. She will be in the second raid man xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Legion was the last x-pack developed by the tier 1 blizzard dev team. From now on the B squad - who was also responsible for WoD - will take over.

More money to be made with OW and HS.
    Funny becasue I have heard that B team argument since Cata. So when did the A team really leave?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    The same way it worked in vanilla and mop.

Which is subjective. For me big bad villain that will destroy the world every expansion is boring and cliche as fuck.
    Let's face it there was no real big bad in TBC either. Illidan didn't do shit but get killed in a raid and there were two more after his. I don't get this need to know who the big bad is before you start. Do people go to the back of the book to find out who did it before reading? Let the story build up and play out.

Great, Why not set that theme right away, then? Just make it about Old Gods and Azshara from the get go, instead of this faction war crap nobody cares about. It's just so lackluster and lazy.
    Spectacle creep would be one reason. One-upping the Legion right away would leave them unable to go much further far to soon. Need to back down a moment.

Besides, subtlety kinda is part of the theme, so in a way, they actually are setting it right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Funny becasue I have heard that B team argument since Cata. So when did the A team really leave?
    About the time people convinced themselves that the one team Blizzard has is actually two teams.

Where is this "B team" nonsense coming from? Do any of you who believe this shit have an actual source? It's in Blizzard's interest to sell as many copies and retain as many subs every single expansion. There's no A team, B team crap.

Just because you don't like what is being announced so far doesn't mean it's being designed by a "B team"
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Lol Okay, can't wait for that 3.3 Million day one sales numbers.
    They can announce that the next xpac is a neatly wrapped turd in a box and still get those day one numbers. It's how many stay to play that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They can announce that the next xpac is a neatly wrapped turd in a box and still get those day one numbers. It's how many stay to play that matters.
    And WoW as long as it offers consistent content will be above 5 Million, Legion likely saw a significant boost in 7.3 that would only start dying down around now. Oh hey, xpac reveal.

So even retention doesn't really matter anymore, every expansion will do better than WoD unless it is somehow worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of people care. Not joking, this will hit nostalgia buttons on a lot of casual wow watchers and players, just like WoD did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Where is this "B team" nonsense coming from? Do any of you who believe this shit have an actual source? It's in Blizzard's interest to sell as many copies and retain as many subs every single expansion. There's no A team, B team crap.

Just because you don't like what is being announced so far doesn't mean it's being designed by a "B team"
    It comes from somewhere

Either their asses or fuck WoW <inset other mmorpg is better> blog
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

so everyone saw the reveal yesterday, and it looks like Blizzard is taking WoW back on a very, very bad path again.

An expansion without a major enemy that is only about Alliance vs. Horde? How is that going to work in a mainly PvE focused game? It's not gonna. Island hopping sounds boring and will get old really fast. Looks like MoP scenarios, which were horrible.

And this whole one continent for Alliance, one for Horde? Then where are the dungeons and raids are going to be? Which enemies are we going to fight?

Basically we got an expansion with subraces (oh, great, what an incredible feature!), boring island scenarios and no major enemy to fight but lots of bad PvP. Wow! Great job Blizzard! Sub numbers are gonna tank hard once the excitement for vanilla servers diminishes
    They didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    They didn't say that.
    We already know that neither of the initial raids has anything to do with AvH. The whole conflict is going to be overshadowed by darker things pretty soon.

There is a big bad enemy. The old gods, and ultimately the void lords. Their actions are always very subtle. We know azshara will play a role in the expac and we know she is already compromised by the void. My prediction is that the old gods are quietly manipulating the alliance and horde into fighting each other, hopefully destroying themselves in the process. No doubt we're going to face the void in some later patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    https://youtu.be/s6z_B3LWk30?t=1h44s

He says that after talking about the 2nd raid of the first raid tier..
    He says we will face off with her "before all is said and done". She could very well be the final boss of the expansion.

The continents are only for leveling, both are for full access at 120. They already said this.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    I agree. Bfa looks shitty and boring. I had wod and Legion vibes when I was watching announcement.
    But idc about this trashy exp because we will get classic wow
    In a few years. Enjoy the wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Yes. Let's judge something which won't be out for another 6-12 months.
    People on the internet are so fucking fickle.
    Works both ways - in fact I think you lot have conducted yourselves more poorly.

I mean, it seems to me that most people are rather mildly highlighting aspects of the expansion they are uneasy about and this is being met with indignant shrieking and name-calling.

Why not judge something based on what we see before us right now? We're free to change our minds if subsequent developments alter our perception of the content, just as you are if the creative direction suddenly takes a turn you personally don't approve of. The entire point of airing concerns about these sorts of things is to let Blizzard know we're not exactly sold yet. The last time an expansion failed to make a splash at Blizzcon, that expansion literally sent the game into a death spiral. People not being excited about this, moreover being wary of it, is not a good sign for the health of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember all of the "why BC, WoTLK, MoP, WoD, Legion will fail thread." Please change your tune.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    In a few years. Enjoy the wait.
    hahahaha it will be released in 2018.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I guess OP was born yesterday.

Remember the first "Gul'dan" cinematic for Legion? How did the expansion end? Did we fight Gull'dan the big baddie?

This is very much a old god expansion. I really liked MoP.

I wonder how much MoP had generated. Likely more than this..

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Azshara is the endboss of the first raid tier.
    Which is a tragic mistake because azshara was the last great villain (not counting the recently introduced void lords) that had the potential to have an entire expansion focus on her. The fact that theyll just slap her on in a mid-tier patch with little to no previous backstory is honestly an insult to a character theyve created