Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Obviously it has to be alliance first. It's their old city, they have all the incentive to try to take it back. Also burning down teldrassil can't just be a simple retaliation. You shouldn't be able to just up and burn it down when you get a bit peeved, that would be horrible storytelling. The horde would have(must have) been planning it for a while.
    Welcome to World of Warcraft.

I swear I don't get why Alliance players complain about always being the ones to react after the Horde acts, then refuse to believe they could ever be the ones who acted first.

It's almost like they don't want to be the ones who act, and cause a reaction.

Technically, the first blow was dealt by the Burning Legion, who fueled and directed the Horde into invading Azeroth thru the dark portal.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    walking an army up to stormwind or undercity it not something you just do, so those events are obviously not the first blow.

the video we saw at blizzcon speaks of "any spark" could set things off, so it will probably be a minor skirmish or political disagreement that usually is par for the course between horde/alliance, but sylvanas and greymane both fan the fires and escalate, that leads to the full war.

Based on the excerpt from the upcoming book, if the attack on SW goes ahead, I reckon the Alliance retaliate by attacking UC. Them leaving UC in ruins infuriates Sylvanas and with them now being pushed back into Kalimdor, they somehow decide to destroy Teldrassil to empower their hold in Kalimdor.
    However, I am wondering if someone outside of the Horde causes the Teldrassil fire and tries to place it on the Horde to start the conflict. I still find it really random that Sylvanas is planning to attack SW right after the war with the Legion and implying it's something they have wanted for a long time? So many inconsistencies when writing her character and many others, makes it all a bit confusing to try and understand her motives. So long as they don't make her Garrosh 2.0. Hopefully make her redeem herself and realise that all of the Horde should work together and not have her focus only on the Forsaken. As much as I think the Forsaken are cool and I like Sylvanas, I'm not a big fan of how she's been written in the past few years.
    Let's see what happens I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Technically, the first blow was dealt by the Burning Legion, who fueled and directed the Horde into invading Azeroth thru the dark portal.
    Boom. Alien invaders go back to your home world dirty orcs we don't want you on Azeroth anymore.

who threw the first punch... what a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    It will probably end up being old god manipulation, since Azshara is first tier final boss, i can see n'zoth being next.
    Yeah. More than likely. But someone did started it even if it's through manipulation. Who is the best candidate? If you thought Genn Greymane, then you would most likely be correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    During the What's Next panel, they phrased it as either Teldrassil or the Undercity that kicks off the conflict, not a hypothetical invasion of Stormwind.

If it's down to just those two, the only logical first blow would be Undercity. The Alliance has motivation to go after Sylvanas (Genn, blamed for Varian, Jaina hates Horde), but the Horde doesn't have any motivation to go after the night elves and Teldrassil. Not unless it's reprisal for the Undercity.

That is unless they invent some new motivation in the book. And to be fair, this is the first time they're hinting at her having any interest in going after Stormwind. Not that I can imagine a situation where the Horde can ever really hope to even siege it (even approaching from Grom'gol) given that it's surrounded by Alliance territory, unlike the Undercity which is flanked by Gilneas to the West and Khaz Modan to the South. Plus, Sylvanas has been distracted from the Undercity by her duties in Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-11-04 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomind View Post
    Based on the excerpt from the upcoming book, if the attack on SW goes ahead, I reckon the Alliance retaliate by attacking UC. Them leaving UC in ruins infuriates Sylvanas and with them now being pushed back into Kalimdor, they somehow decide to destroy Teldrassil to empower their hold in Kalimdor.
    However, I am wondering if someone outside of the Horde causes the Teldrassil fire and tries to place it on the Horde to start the conflict. I still find it really random that Sylvanas is planning to attack SW right after the war with the Legion and implying it's something they have wanted for a long time? So many inconsistencies when writing her character and many others, makes it all a bit confusing to try and understand her motives. So long as they don't make her Garrosh 2.0. Hopefully make her redeem herself and realise that all of the Horde should work together and not have her focus only on the Forsaken. As much as I think the Forsaken are cool and I like Sylvanas, I'm not a big fan of how she's been written in the past few years.
    Let's see what happens I guess.
    Welcome to Christie Golden. The same writer that brought you Jaina dating a dragon aspect for no apparent reason.

That's just biased as fuck though. All clues point to the horde striking first, we still don't know yet.

I can damn well confirm for you genn greymane didn't just shit an entire army out of his ass right up to undercity and attack it first.
    He talked to Anduin who gathered the alliance forces.... obviously he didn't just gather everyone by himself. Anduin has reason to hate Sylvanas for "betraying" his father.

Did you see any horde leader other than Sylvanas in the cinematic? No? I saw multiple Alliance leaders though. Which means this was coordinated attack and Sylvanas had no idea they were going to siege her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Would be interesting if Genn orchestrated it all. Im getting tired of raiding my own cities and killing and seeing my faction leaders killed like flies. Garrosh, Cairne, Voljin well fuck Sylvanas in the only A-team faction leader left. Time for alliance raid boss.
    Alliance has lost a few as well

Bolvar was the reagent lord or Stormwind, is now the Lich King (this can be passed over though as Varian returned)

Varian got disenchanted

Magni - Ya, something.

Then half our big names go neutral (Khadgar, Turalyon (?))

though we are getting Alleria back

Sylvanas wants to invade stormwind for literally no reason in the novel, even if it's resolved in the novel, it still seems likely the horde started it.
    Okay buddy. We will see soon, I guess. btw a horde leader was already "manipulated" (Garrosh) so I highly doubt they would do the same damn thing again for the Horde. I wouldn't be surprised though, with their writing lately.

Nomi is the mastermind behind it all.

Obviously it has to be alliance first. It's their old city, they have all the incentive to try to take it back. Also burning down teldrassil can't just be a simple retaliation. You shouldn't be able to just up and burn it down when you get a bit peeved, that would be horrible storytelling. The horde would have(must have) been planning it for a while.
    After thinking it over, this is most likely of everything said. Chances are the Alliance actually attack first, but the horde were likely already making preparations to attack the alliance. The alliance attacking first gives Sylvanas the upper-hand in convincing the other racial leaders that it's a necessary war. "See, this is why I was saying we need to strike first before they do".

It makes the most sense for the Alliance to strike first, and they've already hinted multiple times throughout legion and short stories about Anduin wanting Lorderon back. Making the Horde the villain for the millionth time is not likely.

The attack was posed as the other one did it first but in the end we find out that it was influenced by old gods and our minds were fogged. Thus allowing the void to continue their work at master minding their way in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who do we know who wanted to start an all out Alliance-Horde war? Maybe a certain black whelp is pulling some strings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    True. But the horde wouldn't blindly follow her to attack Stormwind without a reason. Like someone else said a few pages back. At least the Horde leaders are not blindly manipulated like Anduin is throughout the World of Warcraft history.
    I could totaly see her mislead people to believe the horde is planning something in order for the alliance to start the war.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I see u still got a kid as your avatar.

Anyhow, the plot will probably be like this: Azshara or Genn burned down Teldrassil using Sargeras' weapon somehow (maybe a shard from it), Sylvanas gets the blame, Genn pushes Anduin to destroy UC. That way we'll finally get the balance we need in the lore as only hordes have been painted as bad guys now, we need a story where the alliance can be painted as such too.
    Does that mean we can also finally get a story where the Alliance isn't portrayed as an incompetent military force?

Obviously it has to be alliance first. It's their old city, they have all the incentive to try to take it back.
    Im baffled by the ignorance of people in these forums everyday that make statements like they know shit.
    Lordaeron was an entirely fucking separate kingdom from Stormwind with its own people and own royalty. The last male heir of that kingdom being Arthas the LK which we freaking killed. When it comes to the people, most of the inhabitants of the kingdom were killed by the scourge and raised as undead and are currently inhabiting their own homeland still, as the forsaken. Kingdom of Lordaeron was never even part of the current alliance in Wow, and they have no claim on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    He did in the end stop her from enslaving an entire race of people (the Valkyr) so... let's not act like Sylvanas' intentions in Stormheim weren't worth opposing.

Slavery is bad, mk?
    i will end this pathetic argument once and for all.

when they arrived in stormheim, genn had specific orders.

get the aegis.
    deal with horde only if necessary.

instead, he disobeyed and started shooting the forsaken fleet.
    which ended with all of the 7th legion troops getting killed and the skyfire (yes, the skyfire. the ship that survived deathwing AND a massive fel reaver attack) completely destroyed.

"but SULVUNUS"

no, not sylvanas.
    genn nor rogers had any idea what sylvanas was actually trying to do in stormheim, they attacked the fleet just out of spite.

he could've saved all the lives he had on his ship AND THAT STUPID SHIP if he didnt try to randomly attack the fleet.

he could've just stayed in the shadows til they landed, then send us after the aegis while he dealt with sylvanas.
    boom, no bloodshed, he'd still have his troops, we'd still have our ship.
    but nope.

he's a terrible leader, king, and person.
    and i hope sylvanas blows his doggo skull open.

Formerly known as Arafal