Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    You know agile development is a thing because it actually gives you time to fiddle with things right? Waterfall meant that you showed your stuff all at once in meetings at end of project, that way if it sucked you had no time to change it with feedback. Agile allows feedback gathering and adaption of the software as its developed, if you're doing Agile correctly.
    Are we really going to do this?
    Isn't it pretty damn obvious that the previous development method at Blizzard had them fiddling with plans and designs for ages and ages - and then spending a year and a half building shit.

Now they push out stuff continuously - but it's pretty obvious no one over there has much time to think about the overarching stuff anymore. They pop random features into the dev queues and push it. This announcement was a good example - they had to go "oh shit, can someone gimme a list of the features we're building, I have to make up a story line for this expac reveal we have tomorrow?"

I'm not going to argue the merits of "pure agile development". I'm saying Blizzard can't handle this shit.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-11-04 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    The reason for that is: the expansion is not late into development.

Antorus will be current content for at least 8 months, the leveling changes and new battleground coming in 7.3.5 are meant to alleviate the drought

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The reason for that is: the expansion is not late into development.

Antorus will be current content for at least 8 months, the leveling changes and new battleground coming in 7.3.5 are meant to alleviate the drought
    This is pretty irrelevant.
    We don't expect them to have the expansion ready, we wanted to hear about the design for the expansion.
    And design should be ready more than a year in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    This is pretty irrelevant.
    We don't expect them to have the expansion ready, we wanted to hear about the design for the expansion.
    And design should be ready more than a year in advance.
    Design is not ready for BfA, thats the point. They had higher expansions for Legion and it is blatantly obvious the BfA expansion idea is quite recent and stemming from the shortfalls of Legion. In fact, it is characteristic of Blizzard to shift between extremes. BfA focuses on world PvP again, something that Legion paid no attention to at all. So it seems that they regret having alienated a lot of the PvP playerbase from the game (which they did).

When will they understand that you cannot focus on PvE at the cost of PvP and vice versa? there needs to be a happy medium(ish) state. Oh well, at least the presentation was so awful that one can only be surprised from here on out

Lack of things to show can only mean 1 thing, the expansion is in very early development and it shouldnt be shocking if antorus lasted ~15 months

I mean they showed us that there is going to be a stat squish but they said not one word about it. That's just a poor presentation of your new product.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Its better than what they did with wod. "It will be out really soon. We know everything. Everything is working fine! Our ideas are all awesome. What do you mean "where is that smoke coming from?".
    Sounded like they are in the early stages of development and this time they didnt just pretend to be done already. After the shitstorm they received from WoD, they seem to have learned something. I hope they dont learn from the current state the forum is in.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

its a system changes heavy expansion for sure. However, many of the system changes will happen 7.35

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Yeah, but Blizzcon has alot more going on than just Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft now. HotS, Overwatch, and Hearthstone are all added. There are alot more e-sport competitions. Yeah, there used to be a class panel, art panel, dungeons/raids panel, lore panel, etc. However, they haven't had those for a couple Blizzcons. Alot more information will come out in the next week from magazine/website interviews, developer posts, and site updates. Honestly, even in some of the earlier Blizzcons, the more in depth details didn't come until the 2nd day too. We've had 2 panels that were basically designed as overviews... give them some time.
    Yup they added more. But its no excuse. The panels they had could have gone in on some stuff...but they just spend 10 to 15 talking about scenario's that differ each time you play them...here i just made the 10 min presentation in 1 sentence..... And i know more games means less stuff.....
    But lets be real....diablo and starcraft have no content at all so that falls away...so that only leaves 3 games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Well you used 5 question marks and 3 exclamation marks so, probably
    So the amount of marks means how mad i am?!?....okay that is new to me!
    And you use not punctuation...so that means you want to keep this i am vs i am not mad discussion going on forever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    My response didn't preclude that they wouldn't look at it. But I tend to think that using Blizzcon to explain class changes and mechanics is the wrong place and wrong time. Every minute you spend talking about.....Death Knights....there are a slew of people who start to nod off. That's why they handle some stuff later.
    To talk in depth about them....i agree 100% with you.
    But like i said before...its more the general feeling they give about a new expansion. Like hey we are looking at stuff x or y here is a example.
    Like say hey we have some talent tree's for druids and death knights that are not that great, and we are looking at them to change them. Or like the stuff about people getting raidbuffs back...they could use 1 class in a 1 to 5 slide explenation and then move on. But now the spent huge amount of time saying nothing. For example the scenario's or the warzones....they spend like 20 to 30 min on those things...and what do we know. They are non class scenario's that have random bosses etc, and warzones you build your factions hub up, collect wood/iron, build units and attack the other team with it....this is not the basic info...this is ALL the info we got on the subjects....should that take 20 to 30 min?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    What. is. happening?

Any major class changes?
    Will m+/dungeons be improved in any way?
    Sup with titanforging?
    Antorus release date?

edit: oh boy, this is bad. no new abilities in BFA?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOkw...utu.be&t=9m30s

I feel like they weren't ready for this.

just compare it to legion's announcement lmao
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WIEl4hRvA
    no new class spells
    titan forging stays
    same mythic dungeons
    antorus is suppose to be a few weeks after blizzcon
    -Proffesional Necromancer-