Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    Exactly.
    I am raidding HC ToS for 2 months and have enough of it. I really hope Antorus will be out soon or I will go crazy... It is pitty bcs Raiding and dungeons are the main part why I play WoW but this ToS is getting on my nerves so much. I really starting to hate this raid every time I am there more and more...
    You're going to love 9 months of Antorus then. ^^
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I see a lot of people backing off the 14th now since they haven't announced it at Blizzcon. It would have been appropriate to announce it there given that's just 10 days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Part of me would be happy its 9 months just so a mythic argus mount is guaranteed, but it is rather ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by GoForIt1 View Post
    Give guilds who are progressing for months time to get their Cutting edge. I know most of u only raid LFR/N/Hc, cleared it in first month and demand new raid asap, chill pls
    No thanks. Kill the raid now. Kill it with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForIt1 View Post
    Give guilds who are progressing for months time to get their Cutting edge. I know most of u only raid LFR/N/Hc, cleared it in first month and demand new raid asap, chill pls
    You had your 6 months of time - don't make everyone else wait because you don't have enough time to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    You had your 6 months of time - don't make everyone else wait because you don't have enough time to play this game.
    Tomb is less than 5 months at this point. Unique guilds started raiding the first 2 weeks of mythic 1108 (any kills in tomb). Unique guilds started on september the first 2 weeks 3901, cause u know summer and shit, ppl going vacation etc. 50% of guilds didnt set foot in tomb before the summer was over. Being patron to warcraft logs has a lot of perks and info that others dont have.

So yea most ppl started progress from middle of september and onwards, So i wouldnt call it plenty of time. And i have way more respect to guilds that raid for a month on a 2-3 day scheduale and working on kj atm with less than 400 pulls overall than guild started 4 months ago and finished tomb with 2500 wipes.

As people have mentioned, they have always announced a raid release this expansion at least 15 days ahead of time. That seems to rule out November 7 and 14. November 21 just isn't going to happen no matter what, given that it's 2 days before Thanksgiving.

If it's going to be released before January, it's either going to happen on November 28 or December 5. I'd say December 4 is slightly more likely than November 28, because November 28 leads right out of the holiday weekend. If it's not released by December 5, it's pretty much pushed to January, because a December 12 release would put week one of Mythic leading right into Christmas weekend, which there's no chance they're doing.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if they just push it to the new year, and frankly, that would be the most intelligent decision for them. ToS is less than 5 months old, and the Mythic completion numbers are abysmal. Even the heroic completion levels are about 35% lower than Nighthold. Basically, there's no reason to push another raid out right now. Plus, the earlier they push the raid out, they longer the final raid tier is and more people will be frustrated with that at the other end. Assuming BfA launches in a year (in line with other expansion announcement to release timelines), we would have a 12 month final tier if Antorus goes live in November. If they push it to January, it's a more reasonable 9-10 months. Why release Antorus after 5 months of ToS and then have 12 months of Antorus vs spacing them out better?

Deleted
    Agreed, except that the exp isnt coming out late 2018 but much more likely around late aug/early sept. They have been trying not to go past the 2 years/exp mark and the last 3 expansions lasted 22/25 (SOO hell)/21 months, i dont see them taking even longer for the next one. Beside if beta is out as they said early 2018, and considering ALL the past betas have lasted between 5-6 months, that would exactly point to a september release.

Tomb of Sargeras has only been out for four months. That and considering how incomplete Battle for Azeroth seems to be, I believe ABT won't release until 2018. And even then I would not be surprised if we're stuck - for the fifth time - raiding it for a year before the next expac comes out.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Calling a January release date.

My speculation: Elitist jerks (the guild Ion hazzikostas is gm of) has always gotten cutting edge, they just recently killed Avatar. They have at least a month of prog on KJ. Jan release date gives them plenty of time to kill the end boss, even with holidays.

Blizzard is interested in world first, and releasing it during Nov/Dec would just wreck havoc on a lot of guilds and interrupt a lot of prog. We saw during ToS WF race that having a release like this over the holidays (july 4th) hurts raiders because blizzard is on holiday and not watching/fixing bugs. This wasted a lot of time for Method when KJ went unfixed over that holiday weekend.

I also suspect - if Antorus was going to be coming out within the next 4 weeks, why would they not have announced this at Blizzcon? There would be absolutely no reason to hold that information back at a convention when the entire point is to be making such announcements. Meanwhile, if they had made the decision to delay it later than 4 weeks (and let's face it - if it's not out December 5, it's not out until January) and into the new year, they probably would not have wanted to reveal that at Blizzcon at risk of upsetting people and overshadowing the BfA news.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not the 14th I'm gonna lose my mind... ToS is so intere... ResidentSleeper

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    If it's not the 14th I'm gonna lose my mind... ToS is so intere... ResidentSleeper
    If they don't release it soon we're probably not going to have a raid team, ToS is that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No thanks. The burnout is real. They need to release it very soon.
    What is the reason, why they should wait with the release. Take your time doing something else in (or outside) the game.
    Enjoy the holidays (Thanksgiving is a big thing in the USA, isnt it?). I can't imagine that one raidleader would be happy to progress during thanksgiving, or xmas, where some player just don't have the time to be online.

As of now we got 428 guilds with 9/9 with something like 10-15 new kills the last days. I don't think they will bringt the new raid with 500ish mythic clears and the holidays coming the next weeks.

My guess is 02.01.2018 or the week after that. I hope that I am right with this. As do most people I talked about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    You mean 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
    What is the reason, why they should wait with the release. Take your time doing something else in (or outside) the game.
    Enjoy the holidays (Thanksgiving is a big thing in the USA, isnt it?). I can't imagine that one raidleader would be happy to progress during thanksgiving, or xmas, where some player just don't have the time to be online.

As of now we got 428 guilds with 9/9 with something like 10-15 new kills the last days. I don't think they will bringt the new raid with 500ish mythic clears and the holidays coming the next weeks.

My guess is 02.01.2018 or the week after that. I hope that I am right with this. As do most people I talked about this.
    Yeah it's not getting released in 2018 let alone December keep dreaming.

Deleted
    They'll probably announce it this reset, don't think it's going to be quite soon though.

Reset after next. No point in delaying it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah it's not getting released in 2018 let alone December keep dreaming.
    Cataclysm was launched on 7th of December

Highmaul opened on 2nd of December
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15142455399

ICC: Lower Spire opened on 8th of December (Patch 3.3.0)
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.0

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Cataclysm was launched on 7th of December

Highmaul opened on 2nd of December
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15142455399

ICC: Lower Spire opened on 8th of December (Patch 3.3.0)
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.0
    ICC didn't really count, they probably should have waited on that one, releasing when they did caused the raid to be gated for TWO full months.

Honestly the only dates out are Mythic on the 21st of nov, or the 20th or 27th of dec because they won't be in the office over those weekends.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-11-05 at 04:33 AM.

I opened thread predicting first reset after Thanksgiving (for M), and I'm sticking to it. Too bad we can't have an office pool.
    I expect H to open the reset before Thanksgiving, and M the reset after. So H 21st and M 28th.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"