Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Leveling as a healer in vanilla was a nightmare. Can't wait for people rushing to 60 only to find out hardly anyone is playing healer.
    Well, to be fair, you can at least afford to respec once at 60. However, finding a healer while leveling will be a more interesting process.
    And people who intend to play a healer at max level content will have to get a DPS alt for farming and whatnot.

Heck even in BC playing healer was sometimes suicide-inducing. I still remember the sporeggar rep grind before they added the +heal to +damage conversion *shudders*
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Leveling as a healer in vanilla was a nightmare. Can't wait for people rushing to 60 only to find out hardly anyone is playing healer.
    Leveled as a Holy Pally all the way. I loved the shock I got when people found out I was a healer full time. It took forever though.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions
    It comes from hiring. Like where new employees usually come from.
    Yes, let's believe everything you are being told. I mean, some of those people are undoubtedly getting hired (maybe for redoing art assets and whatnot), but you can't realistically think people who already know the client and battle.net architecture will comme from outside. They gotta be in-house, and they gotta be diverted from the main team.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    Classic anti-vanilla.. Making up facts as they like to.. :^^))
    I'm not anti-vanilla. You want to play vanilla, fine. Just don't send the retail version into the drain because of it. And as far as I am concerned, BfA looks more and more like a slightly better Cata or WOD. Unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Leveled as a Holy Pally all the way. I loved the shock I got when people found out I was a healer full time. It took forever though.
    I got a buddy who did exactly that. I think he still has nightmares from it after 10 years
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, let's believe everything you are being told. I mean, some of those people are undoubtedly getting hired (maybe for redoing art assets and whatnot), but you can't realistically think people who already know the client and battle.net architecture will comme from outside. They gotta be in-house, and they gotta be diverted from the main team.
    Seriously. The only thing that is missing in this comment is "wake up sheeple!". Conspiracies, lies, deceptions, chemtrails are everywhere!

I'm not anti-vanilla. You want to play vanilla, fine. Just don't send the retail version into the drain because of it. And as far as I am concerned, BfA looks more and more like a slightly better Cata or WOD. Unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a buddy who did exactly that. I think he still has nightmares from it after 10 years
    You're just assuming whatever the fuck you want to make your argument. Cry more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You're just assuming whatever the fuck you want to make your argument.
    Well, you do the same, since you have the same level of in-house information as I do. But for some reason, you should be allowed to do so and I shouldn't? What kind of a pathetic logic is that?

Cry more.
    I'm not crying. Rather, I'm disappointed at the current Blizzcon and the direction WoW is going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Seriously. The only thing that is missing in this comment is "wake up sheeple!". Conspiracies, lies, deceptions, chemtrails are everywhere!
    I don't know what are those "sheeple" you're referencing, but if you think press interviews never withhold facts, you're even more delusional than I thought.
    In this particular case, saying "yeah, we gonna hire people" sends a quite different message compared to everything else.
    MMO player

Well, you do the same, since you have the same level of in-house information as I do. But for some reason, you should be allowed to do so and I shouldn't? What kind of a pathetic logic is that?
    You're literally calling the public statement, made by Blizzard, regarding the issue, a lie. If you have no other in-house information then why are you trying to make up things while others are rolling with the official public stance of Blizzard.

Well, to be fair, you can at least afford to respec once at 60. However, finding a healer while leveling will be a more interesting process.
    And people who intend to play a healer at max level content will have to get a DPS alt for farming and whatnot.
    Not an issue. Any DPS priest/paladin/druid could just put on some intelect/+ healing gear and would still do just fine for any non 60 dungeons. Also, you can always wait a couple extra levels before doing a dungeon, pretty much trivializing it.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're literally calling the public statement, made by Blizzard, regarding the issue, a lie.
    It's a press interview, not a public statement, which is totally different. Nothing of what he said is legally binding.

If you have no other in-house information then why are you trying to make up things while others are rolling with the official public stance of Blizzard.
    Because I know how development teams work. There has to be literally a handful of people who actually have a global view of how the B.Net architecture actually works and how the client interacts with it. And don't get me started about the inner working of code (16 slot backpack says hi - it will MAYBE get fixed soon(tm)).

Those people will HAVE to give a hand to the (possible) new "classic" team, therefore diverting time from "retail" team.

And even if all the "classic" team are new hires (which is 100% unlikely but meh), those people could be hired on BfA instead and turn it into a slightly lesser pile of turd than it currently looks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    Not an issue. Any DPS priest/paladin/druid could just put on some intelect/+ healing gear and would still do just fine for any non 60 dungeons. Also, you can always wait a couple extra levels before doing a dungeon, pretty much trivializing it.
    I guess I was too much of a perfectionist to do so. Then again, on my paladin main I leveled as holy but I had a DPS warrior to do damage
    MMO player

You think leveling a healer was bad? Try leveling a tank! Everything died so slooooooowly. At least healers tend to be easily invited into the questing groups.
    I leveled a druid as resto but auto attacked in bear form since feral was complete trash before the rework patch. I know all about pain.

If they touch any of the core gameplay it won't be Classic WoW....
    That includes graphics, talents, specs, and any quality of life improvements implemented after Vanilla.

The only thing they should do is fix bugs. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    If they touch any of the core gameplay it won't be Classic WoW....
    That includes graphics, talents, specs, and any quality of life improvements implemented after Vanilla.

The only thing they should do is fix bugs. That's it.
    Graphics aren't core gameplay, I'm fine with them including higher resolution textures or updated character models as an option.

Deleted
    Graphics aren't core gameplay, I'm fine with them including higher resolution textures or updated character models as an option.
    Graphics opens the door to more changes, plus using updated models will make them feel out of place because of the low rezz world textures, so for everything to fit they would need to redo all the textures which they won't. Plus some graphical effects do make things easier to notice and dodge.

Not to mention the fucking horrible new animations.......

You think leveling a healer was bad? Try leveling a tank! Everything died so slooooooowly. At least healers tend to be easily invited into the questing groups.
    I remember trying to "farm" Tyr's Hand as a Druid. The NPC couldn't kill me and I couldn't kill them.

I despise all of the new models and animations.
    Graphics is a huge core gameplay feature.

I’ve registered just to say this.

I’ve never played classic WoW, never got a chance to experience the original raids as they were meant to be experienced instead of one shotting everything and I love that I will have this opportunity now. BUT, I’m a boomy druid, always been, always will be. I’m not going to play Classic servers if my spec is not only non viable but even unwanted or pushed out of raid environment.

Some of you have pointed out that making other DPS specs viable will destroy the raid balance. But what’s wrong with making boomy, lock, ele shaman, ret pally etc as powerful as rogue or mage back then? You will just take that boomy or pally instead of mage or rogue.

Now, you may say that it will destroy PvP scene. And I have to admit, I’m not a PvP player so I don’t give a fuck about it.

Also, I don’t understand the attitude of people saying “no, fuck em, don’t change anything, let the vanilla purists see their idiocy in wanting vanilla servers. BAUHAHAHAHAH”. I mean. How does it hurt You that others will have fun in other way than?

Deleted
    No. Vanilla is Vanilla as it was, from 1.1.1 to 1.12.1

Some classes where viable through the expansion patches, others don't, but DON'T TOUCH THE PAST. JUST ALLOW IT TO BE PLAYED AS IT WAS. PLEASE
    Last edited by mmocb8e5fd8d57; 2017-11-05 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rodorn View Post
    I’ve registered just to say this.

I’ve never played classic WoW, never got a chance to experience the original raids as they were meant to be experienced instead of one shotting everything and I love that I will have this opportunity now. BUT, I’m a boomy druid, always been, always will be. I’m not going to play Classic servers if my spec is not only non viable but even unwanted or pushed out of raid environment.

Some of you have pointed out that making other DPS specs viable will destroy the raid balance. But what’s wrong with making boomy, lock, ele shaman, ret pally etc as powerful as rogue or mage back then? You will just take that boomy or pally instead of mage or rogue.

Now, you may say that it will destroy PvP scene. And I have to admit, I’m not a PvP player so I don’t give a fuck about it.

Also, I don’t understand the attitude of people saying “no, fuck em, don’t change anything, let the vanilla purists see their idiocy in wanting vanilla servers. BAUHAHAHAHAH”. I mean. How does it hurt You that others will have fun in other way than?
    All the classes you mentioned could be played in raid in vanilla. The only reason people assume they weren't viable is because one of their roles used to be insanely good at what they were doing (such as holy paladin being a very good healer).

Also, warlocks are godly in vanilla (unlimited mana + raid utility (CC, healthstone, soulstone, curses) + decent DPS if you know what you're doing + needed for ranged tanking some raid bosses).

If you want retail, go play retail. Nobody compels you to play vanilla.

Deleted
    Boomys are playable nowl because whe know how to play it better that back in the day, so now u can play a boomy. There is not much spell power leather items, but something drops. Even cats are viable, but the rogues are gonna take you the loot cause they hit harder.

They definitely need to rebalance the classes. Only 1 viable tank wich is warrior. Every class other than rogue has 1 viable dps spec. Priest, paladin, and druid are only wanted to heal. Its dog poo and should be rebalanced. I love classic wow just as much as anyone else but there is no options when it comes to raiding.