Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Oh and Vanilla hype lords are basically Kungen. Passionately advocate for Vanilla, login once to make screenshots for their twitter and then go back to playing random korean RPGs.
    Yea, because blizzard is making classic servers based off of Kungen. GTFO with this line of thought. There is a demand for it.

I don't understand why people that don't want to play classic just avoid it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    So, you started playing in WotlK, good for you.
    Another clueless kiddie pretending to know shit about vanilla.
    I ve been playing play wow since vanilla and honestly the game always has been a grind. They tried to alleviate the grind late BC and early WOTLK, but then proceeded to reimplement grinds over the year (legion being the culmination, there are far more grinds in legion than there ever was in vanilla). The main difference being that in vanilla/TBC you had to grind in order to access content (and thus the grind was rewarded), from WOTLK onward the grind started to be very poorly rewarded as it didn't serve the purpose of unlocking new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Yea, because blizzard is making classic servers based off of Kungen. GTFO with this line of thought. There is a demand for it.

I don't understand why people that don't want to play classic just avoid it?
    There's less demand that you hype lords make out to be.

Or you know they will make an effort for them to co-exist.
    To cater both audiences. Too many players still on live who aren't constantly complaining that wow is dead or lfg ruined the game, they play the fricking game and enjoy it, like i do and so many showing interest in classic, who want that rpg experience where you flypoint to fly point to fly point to get to a instance entrance, no point for them to not to co-exist. The current iteration of world quests as the dailies for example, instead of blue repeatable returns in vanilla, i wouldn't change that back in a million years, it took 12 years or whatever to get the system to be like this and the first time i asked to get it like this was in vanilla and more in tbc and every single expansion since, the main thing i asked is change the bloody daily system, cause the daily quests system back then for me was completely retarded. The fact it took this long to get this in to the game, alone is worth not to go back, even though it's still not how I personally would like it to be, but with the current iteration, I don't think it will ever be like how i would have designed it, so it's like the best it will ever be.
    Can't force one or the other for someone else, if you could you all would be doing how I want, not what you want, am i right?

I started during vanilla after the battlegrounds update and there's almost no reason to go back for me.
    My friend who quit in WotLK is psyched about classic, that he's coming back to WoW then, asked me to join him to gank people, couldn't care less.. Want to do that, be my guest, i won't be there and this is a guy who's been my best friend for 30 years. Not going back to vanilla for that.
    Only thing they can pretty much do is to make account wide things for removed vanilla items to be transferred to live from classic, that if you acquire it there you get it unlocked in retail, that's the only reason i would go there.
    The game is so much better in it's current form than it was back then, that is at least for my purposes.
    Vanilla has no transmog system, the core reason i even play current WoW, that was the reason i played WoW when it launched, gear looks, skins, that's a reason a play a lot of games, there was no transmog but that didn't stop me running through TBC in my Scholomance vanilla set, cause looks was more important than perfomance, well it was until you had to raid, which sucked cause you couldn't wear what you wanted, so why would i go to classic? It has no quality of life things that I currently want and require from the game. Unless i can actually unlock like tier 3 in classic to use in retail now. And I don't expect the majority of current tier retail to just hop on to a 12 year old game and loose the progress they've done during that. Level 1 12 years ago isn't exactly the same as 110 now.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-11-05 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Sure. But most people still around didn't play Vanilla. This whole up in arms thing started from streams or some crap. So their fanboys got on board. Very few actually played it. Most want to experience it since they never did. The nostalgia will wear off and then people will just demand BC servers, then Wrath and so on and so forth.

Classic WoW isn't the saving grace of WoW, it's completely separate from current-future WoW. There will be an end game or point where you just don't get anything else. Then people will complain about it being stale for so long etc.
    ever think that most people who played vanilla have switched to private servers by now.

where do you think this whole thing came up even with the streamers, when nost got shut down, all those ppl were outraged. I still havent stopped on retail, and dont plan to, yet i want vanilla as much as the vanilla or gtfo guys

I think for the majority the Vanilla game is too time intensive and inconveniences will prove too much. Majority of players who do play it won't pass level 30, the remaining core will be small and steady. Everything you do in Vanilla is time intensive, even the simplest of things eat up hours, and most of the difficulty revolves around time in terms of preparation and recovery.

It's good they are doing it though, super interesting experiment but don't expect it to be a "saving grace" for anything other than the most hardcore few, the old Vanilla playerbase are in their 30-40s with kids and jobs, many of them have kids who are also of adult age.. The guys who do typically have the time to put into the game are teenagers to early 20s (in many cases the children of Vanilla players), how many of them are gonna be pulled into a game that was relevant and current while they were effectively babies or children?
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-11-05 at 03:44 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    "Modern games" = "Well I've been pushing this button for 4 minutes.. where is my legendary!!!!!! Game is BROKEN!!!!"

Vanilla is far more rewarding just leveling than ANYTHING in Legion offered. Far more rewarding.
    If you say so...

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    One word.. Dreamfoil

Good thing is that we can see Lootstrike being disenchanted again lol
    Classic doesn't mean that they have to keep some of the annoying things like the lack of dreamfoil. They can fix the flaws. I believe they will fix the flaws. Classic doesn't mean a 1:1 replica with all of the annoying bugs and oversights.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

People will be playing Classic and stop caring to play "live" because it's just more fun and rewarding. The thought of having so much "invested" in your toons will slip away, because you rebuilt then in classic wow.

BfA, is Legion 2.0... artifact 2.0, grind 2.0, RNG 2.0... etc. The very last thing the game needed.
    Hey I'm a big fan of Classic too man, but what you are saying is pretty much proving you are just a hopeless casual who doesn't actually enjoy WoW. Classic will be great for you, but please realize how little there actually is to do in Classic. IF you get to 60, what do you expect there to be for you?

Legion 2.0 as you call it IS what the game needs because Legion has an infinite progression system that definitively debunks the notion that "there is nothing to do in WoW." If you don't understand that, you don't like the game.
    Meanwhile Classic is the exact opposite. You have literally nothing to do at max level. Dungeons have no incentive outside the gear they drop, so once you are fully geared from them you have no reason to run them again. And there are very few to even run. There are the three wings of DM, Strath has two wings, and Scholo. You will probably do Emp runs of BRD too, so 7 total 5 mans + Blackrock spire which needs to be done with 10/15 depending on how the patch system works.

Its funny because when they announced Classic I thought it would be a true win-win. I equate it to mending the Great Schism of Christianity that plagued Europe for centuries. Here we are, mended, and you are still making shit up about why you as a casual doesn't enjoy modern gaming. Come on man, stop the negativity and just play the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you say so...
    Been there, done that, don't care anymore and don't have time to play like in Classic. But if Blizzard thinks that that will keep enough subs / active players, so be it. Just don't come here to whine about empty classic servers after a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you say so...
    It is. Vanilla = sense of reward when you did something. You login now and get a full set of gear in an hour. its pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Millions"
    Lol

- - - Updated - - -

It is. Vanilla = sense of reward when you did something. You login now and get a full set of gear in an hour. its pathetic.
    Thats like 2/10 on the hyperbole wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Sure. But most people still around didn't play Vanilla. This whole up in arms thing started from streams or some crap. So their fanboys got on board. Very few actually played it. Most want to experience it since they never did. The nostalgia will wear off and then people will just demand BC servers, then Wrath and so on and so forth.

Classic WoW isn't the saving grace of WoW, it's completely separate from current-future WoW. There will be an end game or point where you just don't get anything else. Then people will complain about it being stale for so long etc.
    yeah cant wait for people moaning about getting a BC xpac lol.

It will be really interesting to see how players react to actually play classic again. I played back then, I dont want that back. Sure, it was great fun at the time, but there were several things with classic that I dont want to experience again xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get it. People bash talk it, but here I am I was playing on a classic private server enjoying what a lot of people hated? Am much more about the journey and not the destination. The idea of making friends there a run of VC and seeing them again in later levels is awesome.

Am looking forward to actually playing the game I never got too when it was released(Joined when black temple came out in BC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... no.

Battle for Azeroth is - if anything - the Warcraft that Warcraft fans have needed for a long time. It is - essentially - a first person Warcraft 4.

What people that are foolishly stuck on Classic WoW don't understand is that the only people that had time to play it when it was fresh were high schoolers and college kids. We working adults were Very rare.

The audience for it NOW could be the same, but the difference is the systems are - charitably - archaic. You boyos and Girlos do NOT understand what a grind is, but I wish you the best in grinding ACCESS to bosses in Molten Core via grinding the trash in MC all day long for weeks if optimal. Please note that given the damage/healing/health at the time, grinding trash then was the equivalent of a boss fight per trash mob. It required Real dedication and ... yea thats all I can say. Modern audiences cant do it. Not because it isnt' fun but because compared to modern design it isn't Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Classic doesn't mean that they have to keep some of the annoying things like the lack of dreamfoil. They can fix the flaws. I believe they will fix the flaws. Classic doesn't mean a 1:1 replica with all of the annoying bugs and oversights.
    They should make the classic game 100% as it was back then. If they do few or bigger changes, people wont get the "classic feel" will they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think for the majority the Vanilla game is too time intensive and inconveniences will prove too much. Majority of players who do play it won't pass level 30, the remaining core will be small and steady. Everything you do in Vanilla is time intensive, even the simplest of things eat up hours, and most of the difficulty revolves around time in terms of preparation and recovery.

It's good they are doing it though, super interesting experiment but don't expect it to be a "saving grace" for anything other than the most hardcore few, the old Vanilla playerbase are in their 30-40s with kids and jobs, many of them have kids who are also of adult age.. The guys who do typically have the time to put into the game are teenagers to early 20s (in many cases the children of Vanilla players), how many of them are gonna be pulled into a game that was relevant and current while they were effectively babies or children?
    Also this. I was playing Classic when I was almost done with finishing my thesis and searching for a job after graduating university. I don't have time like this anymore.

If by sense of reward in you mean that there're not enough items in the game than sure. Oh and it feels good to bank epic tier set pieces because level 51 green from a dungeon is better.
    Last edited by GorkAndMork; 2017-11-05 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    And attunements

And mount runs

And fighting for loot upgrades in a raid of 40 people when you're a red-headed stepchild class.

PS to all: Have fun with fire mage and destruction warlock
    Did you just say MOUNT RUNS? Holy shit can people stop making shit up to make classic sound better than it is? Looks like I'm gonna have to make a video about what Classic actually is.
    The only mount in the game in Classic that you can run something repeatedly for is Baron Rivendare, and its a timed run. There is the ZG mount too, but that is a raid mount, similar to how the guldan mount would have dropped during heroic NH.

He is right. Legion has the biggest "grind" of all. Artifact power and BLP equated to constantly running things and doing things that you had little interest in doing just to get a reward. That's what a grind means. It doesn't mean raiding and not getting loot you subhuman.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Yeah... no.

Battle for Azeroth is - if anything - the Warcraft that Warcraft fans have needed for a long time. It is - essentially - a first person Warcraft 4.

What people that are foolishly stuck on Classic WoW don't understand is that the only people that had time to play it when it was fresh were high schoolers and college kids. We working adults were Very rare.

The audience for it NOW could be the same, but the difference is the systems are - charitably - archaic. You boyos and Girlos do NOT understand what a grind is, but I wish you the best in grinding ACCESS to bosses in Molten Core via grinding the trash in MC all day long for weeks if optimal. Please note that given the damage/healing/health at the time, grinding trash then was the equivalent of a boss fight per trash mob. It required Real dedication and ... yea thats all I can say. Modern audiences cant do it. Not because it isnt' fun but because compared to modern design it isn't Good.
    Yeah you are correct. Farming mobs and resilience gear forever and ever. Its harsh and hard, modern gamers wont bother with that. Over the years theres been so much moaning about requirements for flying, raids++.. Wait until these guys play classic again lol