Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well we know Antorus releases late this month(November 28)
    Which is Q4...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Very soon I'm guessing going off the probable CE stuff being in 7.3.2. Maybe this year still.
    Well I usually get the more advanced thing if the WoW mount and pet are good and the other goodies you can get.
    Wonder what we will be getting this time around as the goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Anduin is looking a bit Episode 3 Anakin... if they fucking kill my boy king > : (

Probably February or March.

If we assume they want quarterlies to look good they will release;
    Antorus Q4
    BG, Allied Races and Quest Changes Q1
    Preorders Q2
    8.0 and Release Q3
    Oh really nice...
    That would make a good chance to let them work on the expansion etc...
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-11-05 at 05:05 PM.
    For the Horde!

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well I usually get the more advanced thing if the WoW mount and pet are good and the other goodies you can get.

Wonder what we will be getting this time around as the goodies?
    A mount and pet most likely.
    Diablo Banner
    Overwatch Icon
    Starcraft announcer pack

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    2 mounts and a pet*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I mean they can always say "Preorder CE/DD BfA to get these exclusive mounts right now, and with any version of the Pre-orded get early access to the new allied races when 7.3.5 launches"
    This sounds very likely tbh. it would also make sense why they did not say that the 4 allied races would be coming with 7.3.5.

I am looking at this excerpt from the interview on the front page and what I said here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47872153

...just falls into this picture at every step.

"Classic Servers
    Q: When did you decide that there was enough support to go ahead with classic WoW servers?
    A: Internally it has always been a huge discussion. Obviously there is a lot of external desire as well. It's just a monumental task and so it's a matter of setting it up right."

Translation: yeah, yeah, we heard the desire, it wasn't about that. For a long time we were thinking how to do it and we were always going back to the fact that supporting vanilla at the code level is just too difficult. Then someone got the idea of keeping the original server and putting the adjustments into the communication layer, making the server think he is talking to vanilla DB / client, and it all clicked! More, we can outsource that because what has to be written is entirely new code that interacts with our code like a driver with a device, to a spec. We are now hiring people to do this for us, we didn't complete the team yet and maybe there will be some underwater rocks so I am not yet going to say anything definitive.

"Q: Will classic servers and the current game be bundled together? Are they using the same client and under your normal subscription?
    A: These are fantastic questions that haven't been answered internally yet. Development is still super early and a lot of work needs to be done."

Translation: I know the answer but we didn't complete the team yet, so I won't say anything definitive.

"Q: Vanilla had a lot of mechanics/issues that might not be fun anymore. Are there any specific issues or mechanics you are looking at addressing in classic servers?
    A: Team wants to keep the experience as close to Vanilla as possible, but it is also too early to answer."

Translation: I know the answer as well (we won't be changing much because the architecture described makes it difficult to change things), but again, we didn't complete the team yet.

"Q: What thoughts/considerations have been taken into account for patching of the classic servers? Vanilla forever or slow expansion relaunches?
    A: Another great question that has yet to be decided!"

Translation: and again I know the answer (vanilla first, then we'll see because work done for vanilla in this way can not be carried directly to other expansions), but again we didn't complete the team yet, so no answer.

The important thing that it is either (a) what I say, a port that wraps the infrastructure with serious limitations, but made by an external team, or (b) nothing at all, if there are underwater rocks which they oversaw.

Which means that classic servers actually are not set in stone in the end, they might not happen for objective reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Whatever happened with Seabraid and the Raptor btw? I guess it's safe to assume they're CE mounts now but did they actually announce it and I completely missed it or what?
    We don't know, but I doubt we'd know CE mount before beta. I doubt they would be included before beta. I am keeping my hope for the pre-launch event (maybe pre-launch version of the new battleground).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder how akward it will be doing the Suramar questline with a Nightborne mage, everyone calling you Outlander and Valtrois acting as if you are clueless about Leylines.
    BAHAHA.
    Even better.
    "An illusion, what are you hiding?"
    *Unmasks another Nightborne*
    Well, they could just start the quest after the intro, have no need for illusion but instead be treated like wanted criminals.
    "Halt, traitor!"
    I know it's unlikely, but the idea is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Banner
    Overwatch Icon
    Starcraft announcer pack
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...or%27s_Edition
    ^ Pretty much this...

What can we expect from the Digital Deluxe and the Collector's?
    For Battle of Azeroth? Like what would make sense for the expansion?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Which means that classic servers actually are not set in stone in the end, they might not happen for objective reasons.
    They'll happen whether they like it or not. They've committed to it now in a way they won't be able to take back without losing a lot of respect in the industry. They're doing it, but it'll probably take a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    We don't know, but I doubt we'd know CE mount before beta. I doubt they would be included before beta. I am keeping my hope for the pre-launch event (maybe pre-launch version of the new battleground).
    6.2 added the CE stuff for Legion which was way before beta.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-11-05 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 mounts and a pet*
    For the Horde!

They'll happen whether they like it or not. They've committed to it now in a way they won't be able to take back without losing a lot of respect in the industry. They're doing it, but it'll probably take a very long time.
    Respect in the industry is not about that at all. Everybody in the industry understands that sometimes you end up promising what you can't do (especially on a big conference).

7+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Banner
    Overwatch Icon
    Starcraft announcer pack
    At this point I'd expect two banners (Alliance and Horde) for D3 and maybe something alike (banner or icon) for HotS.

Deleted
    I wonder how akward it will be doing the Suramar questline with a Nightborne mage, everyone calling you Outlander and Valtrois acting as if you are clueless about Leylines.
    About as awkward as doing the Worgen quests in Grizzly Hills on a Worgen.

Ancient screenshot inc:
    (If you cant read it he screams/asks "Tell me. Were you bloody bitten?)

There is no such thing as respect in the industry, plus everybody in the industry understands that sometimes you end up promising what you can't do (especially on a big conference).
    I disagree, but I know better than to argue with you over these things as there's no way either of us are changing our opinion.

I disagree, but I know better than to argue with you over these things as there's no way either of us are changing our opinion.
    I worded it badly the first time, I corrected what I said almost immediately.

The correct version is:

Respect in the industry is not about that at all. Everybody in the industry understands that sometimes you end up promising what you can't do (especially on a big conference).

Not interested in arguing either. Simply ask others.

Respect in the industry is about doing innovative things and being a technological leader. Faults like overpromising a bit once, then not being able to fulfill your promise in the exact way you promised for objective reasons despite trying hard (and offering something else instead bla bla bla) are immaterial.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    About as awkward as doing the Worgen quests in Grizzly Hills on a Worgen.

Ancient screenshot inc:
    (If you cant read it he screams/asks "Tell me. Were you bloody bitten?)
    (image removed)
    Why did I even skip that part of questing in GH on my worgens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw do the Allied races have racial leaders? If their racial leaders are their faction contacts I find that pretty stupid imo. Turalyon should not lead the Lightforged, Fareya should. Similarly for the Nightborne (either Thalyssra herself or Silgryn, NOT Liadrin) and the Highmountain (Mayla, not Baine). Alleria leading the Void Elves makes sense I guess.
    Yeah I kinda agree...
    Even the Zandalari have their own leaders...
    Would make sense and Turalyon can help or look after the world.
    For the Horde!

Btw has anything been datamined about the Anniversary?
    Yes.

I worded it badly the first time, I corrected what I said almost immediately.

The correct version is:

Not interested in arguing either. Simply ask others.
    I have enough friends in the industry to form my own opinion.

I have enough friends in the industry to form my own opinion.
    Cool, then you have people to ask, because your own opinion is wrong.

Cool, then you have people to ask, because your own opinion is wrong.
    Yeah, no. That's not exactly how opinions work. But I guess that also is an opinion that conflicts with your opinion.