Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why people assume ''Batle for Azeroth'' is going to be a PVP centric expansion ?

Because fighting the Horde (NPCs) does not mean fighting the Horde (Players). There is a-plenty of content of Horde vs Alliance content without PVP component

-Trial of the Crusader...
    -The ''semi-boss'' in the Nexus
    -Starting Gilnean/Goblin experience...

because the story is the perfect excuse to fix pvp

Because they don't realize that the lore can be faction war while fighting NPCs from the enemy faction. Why? I have no idea.

Hell, to alliance, Siege of Orgrimmar is a gigantic "PvP" raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two interesting points here:

1. Thematically, this would seem to be a PVP-centric expansion.

2. Blizzard is eliminating PVP and PVE realms. To be eligible for world PVP people will need to flag up. My guess is that many, if not most, will not choose to do so. So for world PVP this may be the least PVP centric expansion ever.

Interesting design choices.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard probably understands that Faction Pride is relevant to a lot of people who don't really like PvP and that fighting for your faction can be enjoyable even against NPCs.
    Space magic.

Burning crusade: Go fight Illidan
    Wrath: Go fight Lich King
    Cataclysm: Go fight Deathwing
    Pandaria: Go to panda land
    Warlords: Go fight Garrosh
    Legion: Go fight Legion
    Battle: Go fight......horde?

There's nothing in the entire expansion to really be excited about. It's just go fight horde on some islands.

PvP has almost always taken a backseat to PvE in WoW, people who assume anything different about the new expansion are ignorant of how WoW works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Blizzard probably understands that Faction Pride is relevant to a lot of people who don't really like PvP and that fighting for your faction can be enjoyable even against NPCs.
    This is precisely it. With the last couple of expacs being oriented around factions teaming up versus the big evil it's nice to remember that the Alliance and Horde aren't best friends forever.

It's a nice change TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion climax probably won't end up with a faction clash, but more of yet another "Oh, a big bad threat is here, let's be friends".
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post

There's nothing in the entire expansion to really be excited about. It's just go fight horde on some islands.
    Uhm, did you miss the stuff about Titanblood and old gods in the background? This is all setting up for Azshara and N'zoth and atleast Azshara in the same expansion. Old gods are probably influencing this war. We get to explore ZANDALAR! I'm excited

They make it look like a PVP expansion, but we're just fighting NPCs painted up to look like the opposite faction.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The expansion climax probably won't end up with a faction clash, but more of yet another "Oh, a big bad threat is here, let's be friends".
    TBQH, that's the only major annoying thing so far.

5+ Year Old Account

We're actually going to fight Azshara and other evil forces below us. The whole xpac will be MUCH MORE than just horde vs alliance.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Since Azshara is last boss of 2nd raid and 1st tier, they is high chance for N'zoth in later patches. Title have likely double meaning.

Personally I think war will continue through entire expansion, but player characters and Magni will understand that planet is fucked and will try to prevent Azeroth's death. Perhaps even Horde/Alliance will be our enemy in the end, we will have very powerful necklace that could be key to win the war, but we will probably want to use it to heal Azeroth.

TC is correct. Horde vs Alliance does not always mean pvp, and pvp can be fighting the same faction in arenas or bgs since they started allowing that to facilitate faster queues. At least in rated bgs I think?

There are some new changes, like the new world pvp system replacing pve and pvp realms, new types of pvp like the world pvp changes and the 3v3 island things etc. But it's not really a 'pvp expnasion' because the main focus of the game will still mostly be quests, dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Uhm, did you miss the stuff about Titanblood and old gods in the background? This is all setting up for Azshara and N'zoth and atleast Azshara in the same expansion. Old gods are probably influencing this war. We get to explore ZANDALAR! I'm excited
    It doesn't take from the fact the core theme of the expansion is go fight your rival faction. Thats it'. Oh man some Naga fucks are involved. But they're not the core theme of the expansion, thats the side theme of leading to the following expansion. This expansion is a filler expansion entirely made as an excuse to redo pvp.

It doesn't take from the fact the core theme of the expansion is go fight your rival faction. Thats it'. Oh man some Naga fucks are involved. But they're not the core theme of the expansion, thats the side theme of leading to the following expansion. This expansion is a filler expansion entirely made as an excuse to redo pvp.
    Bit early to say that. And Battle for Azeroth has at least two meanings since we already know she's gravely wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Two interesting points here:

1. Thematically, this would seem to be a PVP-centric expansion.

2. Blizzard is eliminating PVP and PVE realms. To be eligible for world PVP people will need to flag up. My guess is that many, if not most, will not choose to do so. So for world PVP this may be the least PVP centric expansion ever.
    PVP in wow since 2011 (post wotlk) is

1) arenas
    2) rbgs
    3) duels

if these are not fixed ( if classes are not MADE GREAT AGAIN) this is another pve expansion.

Honestly, I'm just sick and tired of every other expansion just creating meaningless pointless shit to force faction rivalry. All it is here is just another expansion of madeup faction rivalry. I honestly don't give a shit about any story arc that involves faction hatred and rivalry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    PVP in wow since 2011 (post wotlk) is

1) arenas
    2) rbgs
    3) duels

if these are not fixed ( if classes are not MADE GREAT AGAIN) this is another pve expansion.
    I agree. Thematically, it sounds like PVP-centric. Mechanically and with respect to systems it's clearly PVE. That's where the money is.

Classes have nothing to do with it. It's about what players want to do. Fixing some class isn't going to change a lot of minds about all of a sudden doing PVP.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by moanalisa View Post
    i agree. Thematically, it sounds like pvp-centric. Mechanically and with respect to systems it's clearly pve. That's where the money is.

Classes have nothing to do with it. It's about what players want to do. Fixing some class isn't going to change a lot of minds about all of a sudden doing pvp.
    you wanna say classes have nothing to do with arenas or rbg or duels?

Lol?

remember, we dont have boss mechanics in pvp, we only have classes interacting with each other, if they classess are boring and stupid, guess waht, arenas are boring and stupid ( as in legion).