Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Weapons in Battle for Azeroth

We’re definitely losing the artifacts, but how will weapons work in the next expansion? I cannot seem to find any info regarding this anywhere.

With the relic system, weapon upgrading felt smoother and not as difficult as in previous expansions. Will we see a new system based on this, perhaps with just ilevels? Or will we go back to farming certain bosses for that one weapon with mastery? And will weapons be able to titanforge?

Did Blizzard enlighten anyone on weapons in Battle for Azeroth?

5+ Year Old Account
    We'll loot weapons just like before Legion.

During Blizzcon they said that they feel like Artifacts undermined the feeling of -finding- something impressive and important by just letting you have it outright.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

During Blizzcon they said that they feel like Artifacts undermined the feeling of -finding- something impressive and important by just letting you have it outright.
    Yeah, but what the heck am I going to find in Kul-Tiras that is just as powerful as an empowered Ashbringer? Lore wise this really makes zero sense, they should have allowed us to forge our own Artifact Weapon at the least, or kept progressing the current system (more skins, choices etc.).

Every time they put something cool, 90% of it gets wiped out at patch.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    YEvery time they put something cool, 90% of it gets wiped out at patch.
    That's how progression-based MMOs work, dude. How they've worked since about 1999. If you don't like it, you have to play non-progression-based MMOs - like GW2. Unfortunately most of those are incredibly boring.

As for "as powerful", well, they're doing a stat and item squish, and I doubt you'll even be allowed INTO the new expansion with an artifact weapon - like you'll have to do a scenario which gets rid of it to qualify for the next expansion, so it's not really a concern.

Yeah, look at these amazing new weapons we get in BfA...

I mean going from an artifact weapon with immense powers is one thing but going from unique designed weapons back to the basic sh*t they showed us during Blizzcon is just pathetic. The weapons they showed us are different variations of the same weapons we already had 3 or 4 times as PvP related weapons in the previous expansions.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that’s disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    why is looting a small part of a weapon that marginally increases it's power and provides no visual change better than looting the entire thing?

Yeah, but what the heck am I going to find in Kul-Tiras that is just as powerful as an empowered Ashbringer? Lore wise this really makes zero sense, they should have allowed us to forge our own Artifact Weapon at the least, or kept progressing the current system (more skins, choices etc.).
    you wont, that's kinda the point
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-05 at 04:50 PM.

obviously artifacts are the most powerful weapons we will ever have, but we will have to lose / sacrifice them / whatever, so if we do not have them anymore we are forced to go down a level in the grade of weapons power, because there will be no other weapon that equals the power of the artifacts, so in lore is fine.

I personally cant wait. I like getting that badass new weapon. Being stuck with the same one the whole expac has been annoying. Plus it locks you into certain types(no fist weapons for enhance shammy for example).

So you'd rather go and punch enemies in the face ? We're literally losing artifact, making them no longer usable, this is why we're going back to the old weapon system. It's obvious that a paladin would rather use the Ashbringer instead of the "Big Stick of the Owl", but since Ashbringer is getting destroyed or whatever, you either pick up any weapon you find or go without. Easy

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll depower our Artifacts to empower Illidan, mark my words.

As for those weapons, that's PVP gear I believe. The real weapons were shown at the art panel as well, and look nice.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    im just happy about it, i dont like artifact weapons even less as a ww monk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh..?

We don't need empowered Ashbringer to cut down some Orc grunts. Or the Spear of Huln Highmountain to gut some Night elf sentinels.

We're going from "Fighting deific entities in a struggle for survival" to "Fighting each other for resources and survival". It won't be as impressive, but that's the damned point. It -grounds- us. It reminds us that we're not 100% immortal badasses standing toe to toe with the worst the cosmos has to offer every day of the week.

If Spider-Man comics had him going up against ever bigger threats he'd eventually be bitch-slapping Galactus, every week instead, of stopping a mugger and getting caught up in one of Kingpin's plans, and that's not who Spider-Man is as a character.

We have to back down from the DBZ style "EVERY THREAT IS INVARIABLY BIGGER AND MORE POWERFUL FOREVER" or we're just going to walk into some of the most -ridiculous- possible stories.

Meh..?

We don't need empowered Ashbringer to cut down some Orc grunts. Or the Spear of Huln Highmountain to gut some Night elf sentinels.

We're going from "Fighting deific entities in a struggle for survival" to "Fighting each other for resources and survival". It won't be as impressive, but that's the damned point. It -grounds- us. It reminds us that we're not 100% immortal badasses standing toe to toe with the worst the cosmos has to offer every day of the week.

If Spider-Man comics had him going up against ever bigger threats he'd eventually be bitch-slapping Galactus, every week instead, of stopping a mugger and getting caught up in one of Kingpin's plans, and that's not who Spider-Man is as a character.

We have to back down from the DBZ style "EVERY THREAT IS INVARIABLY BIGGER AND MORE POWERFUL FOREVER" or we're just going to walk into some of the most -ridiculous- possible stories.
    So freakin true
    Main: Teclìs at Argent Dawn EU.

I'm sorry, did people honestly think we were keeping the artifact weapons forever?

Resets like this happen literally every expansion. You go from slaying dragons and banishing Old Gods to picking up poop berries for some farmer in Nagrand. Deal with it?

I remember when people were shocked about this when TBC was coming out. How is it still surprising this happens every expansion?

Personally, I just look at it as the idea that we've outgrown our artifacts. Most of the strength is within us. You could hand us a wooden training weapon at this point and we'd still be a deadly foe to deal with.

It'll be nice to loot new weapons again. Best part is that we get to keep all of our Artifact mogs anyway.

Meh..?

I 100% agree with that.

Plus, you better believe those weapons from the first raid are gonna be sick. Titan facility in troll land? Gonna be dope as hell.