Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vulpera lol.

This will happen. People will whine.

I agree, but that's why they'll probably happen because they require little work to implement. Races like Ogres, Val'kyr and Dryads would take a lot more work (i'd assume).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Blizzard concocted Void Elves out of thin air, and they are largely ridiculous. At this point, basically any hairbrained idea for an allied race is plausible.

Deleted
    I would really love to play as a Mogu. Even if it really doesnt make sense as an allied race.

I think Ethereals would be pretty neat to see and Arakkoa, but I don't see them happening.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

A few Eredar who are all like "whoopsie-daisy".

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    Leper gnomes are just diseased malformed gnomes, most of whom have gone insane.

I'd rather have sand gnomes. They are distinct in that they are not the technologically adept gnome that we know. They are primitive 'jawa' people who live in deserts.

Sand Gnome classes: Shaman, Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock. Possibly druid & mage,
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-11-05 at 05:25 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Title says it all, unlock new sub races in future patches or expansions, my idea:

Horde Race: Banshee

Short Synopsis:
    Basically The Banshee's are given a huge model update with the ability to be playable, they are female "and" male due to banshee's possessing their victims, in this case, we learn how from their lore.

Lore:
    The Banshee's are given a new role in the Forsaken when Sylvanas orders them to attack the land of Northeron, in retaliation for the loss of undercity. In order to secure the shores of this region, they will have to attain themselves material bodies from the native high elves in the area and turn them into the corrupted servants of the Queen they were meant to be.

Throughout their journey you help them in the Horde to take over certain High Elf Generals and eventually convince these now decieved high elves to become part of a "new" ritual, that will give them an edge against the Horde. Decieved by their corrupted kin they are turned into the Banshee race and essentially become playable by the end of it, joining you in Orgrimmar with every class playable that forsaken share, plus druid (giving them spiritual/undead animal forms).

Mechanics:

Banshee ultimatley have Blood Elf Models with the dark ranger overture, but you can by a single click of a button switch to human models corrupted by the banshee's power. (Its like the worgen thing but you choose which one you want in creation). From there you get additional customisations, eye colours, skin tatoo's and dark aura's which are shown in your Banshee Form.

Banshee Form is their racial special ability, its a reverse Worgen form that lets you move faster while out of combat, and, allows you to fly like a wisp but permanently alive. It also works as a wisp form in death like Night Elves.

In addition they get:

Possession: Temporarily possess controll a target for up to 4 seconds in pvp or pve. Respawn behind them when the effect ends. (5 min CD)

Banshee's Form: When swapped to this form, while out of combat, your movement is increased by 20%, your character looses your lower body in a fog of dark mists, you cannot mount in this form.

Dark Favor: You gain 20% more experience gain against humanoid targets.

Political Corruption: You gain 50% more reputation gain with all Horde specific factions.

Haunting Enchantments: You gain a 10% chance to increase your enchantment levels by 10 instead of 1.
    This all of this is what i want and i hope to see it asap as it makes total sense

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Vulpera lol.

This will happen. People will whine.
    Huu? If Vulpera becomes playable, people will whine about it? o:

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Anything but another Elf is fine, the only upside of having more Elves is pleasure from killing them.
    So edgy rawrXD

On topic, Broken! I hope they are on the foreseeable future and the thing that has held them back so far is only the lack of a female model.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    A few Eredar who are all like "whoopsie-daisy".
    This; after all, all they did was to stop the void. You can have the more fanatical, the ones that truly believed on the reason for the burning crusade joining the forces of azeroth to prevent the return of the void lords.

Hope they are horde tho.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-11-05 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Huu? If Vulpera becomes playable, people will whine about it? o:
    People will whine until it becomes available, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    People will whine until it becomes available, I mean.
    Aahh! Sorry I missunderstood!

Well, I wouldn't mind if Vulpera become a playable race actully(I would actully like to have them playable), but I will try to not whine about to have them x)
    Beside, I rather want goblin and worgen model update/remake first, then maybe we could have a look at Vulpera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    Please for the love of God NO MORE DWARFS!
    Why? We don't have too many dwarfs races around, or anything like that

Them cute lil' Vulpera fox things for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why? We don't have too many dwarfs races around, or anything like that
    we have the bronzebeards and dark irons now. its enough. 3 dwarf races is too much.

- - - Updated - - -

i am expecting vrykul or valarjar tbh. they look really cool imho, for the alliance ofc
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    we have the bronzebeards and dark irons now. its enough. 3 dwarf races is too much.
    We got a lot of Elfs already, and i expect to see a couple options for Orcs, so i don't think is anything out of line.

i am expecting vrykul or valarjar tbh. they look really cool imho, for the alliance ofc
    Well unlike the other ally races, this ones require much more work as they have unique skeletons and models, while the others only have unique models.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    Alliance
    Human - Kul Tiran, Vrykul
    Dwarf - Frostborn
    Gnome - Mecha
    Draenei - Broken/Fel Broken
    Worgen - Alpha/Kaldorei, Saberon
    Pandaren - Furbolg
    Horde
    Orc - Draenor (Mag'har, Blackrock, ect.),
    Forsaken - Nathanos-style/Undead Human, Undead Elf
    Tauren - Taunka, Grimtotem
    Troll - Forest
    Goblin - Vulpera, Hobgoblin
    Pandaren - Tuskarr

Some random Horde allied subrace that could be put in the Alliance, since I believe the Horde will receive Leper Gnomes.

For the most part, id be ok with this. However, there are a few things to keep in mind. These are no longer SUB-races. They are allied races. Some things still make sense, such as Orcs getting Mag'har and Dwarves with Dark Iron. Other's dont quite fit. All the races so far have been races that are NOT part of the Horde/Alliance. Wildhammer dwarves ARE a part of the alliance and would fit more with being a sub-race and less a allied race.

Chaos and Fel orcs would be out. As well as Eredar in any form.

Off your list, Id give alliance Vulpera and Give Horde Saberons. The Gob faction can have a hand in recruiting Leper-gnomes while Gnomes get Mecha-gnomes. Tuskarr's to any single race would piss everyone off, so they could be neutral.

This could spiral out of control with the amount of races we could potentially end up having. Keeping it to Original + Allied would double our existing class list from 6 + Panda to 12 + Panda/Another possible neutral race. Otherwise it could seriously get out of hand and would eventually need an overhaul of the character creation to avoid having 18+ races on each side.

The differences should be noticable to the point that you KNOW its a different race.

Having 3 dwarves races with 2 (Ironforge + Wildhammer) were the only difference is tattoos. Dark Iron and Ironforge dwarves are a decent example. Enough of a difference that you can tell they are different.

Same with Tauren. Horns vs Antlers

Light Forged was a bad choice as aside from the small horns and I believe the different glowing eyes, its to close alike to be all that noticable.

Trolls. Straight or bent.
    Orcs. Straight or bent.
    Undead. Bones or less decayed skin.
    Gnomes. Flesh or Robo.

Horde:
    Orc + Mag'har
    Troll + Zandalar
    Tauren + HighMountain
    Undead + Not skin and bones undead
    Blood Elves + Nightborne
    Goblin + Ogre

Alliance:
    Human + Vykrul
    Dwarf + Dark Iron
    Night Elf + Void Elf
    Gnome + Mecha-Gnome
    Draenei + Light-forged (Should have been Broken)
    Worgan + Something

Neutral: Panda + Tuskarr

EDIT: Sub races would have required a new character creation toggle for each race that had a sub race. Ex: Choose NE. Then you have a toggle not unlike the male/female buttons that lets you switch between NE and VE.

It would have also required new starting zones/quests/dialogue/etc.

Allied races is just a series of quests and after creation are just dumped into the capital hub and sent on their way. Much easier to just make them 20 and do normal leveling things
    Last edited by babalou1; 2017-11-05 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murlocs I dont care much beyond that.

I will make my shaman and Rogue a murloc If I could.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres, Mag'har, Gurubashi, Forest, Farraki, Mok'Nathel, Broken, Mecha Gnomes & Taunka.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    We got a lot of Elfs already, and i expect to see a couple options for Orcs, so i don't think is anything out of line.

Well unlike the other ally races, this ones require much more work as they have unique skeletons and models, while the others only have unique models.
    i know but it would only be fair to give us one broken isles race, the horde got 2. and those big ass valarjar look dope and very imposing. will be keeping my fingers crossed for it.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?