Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbernator View Post

If you have to respec bm for progression fights then you're just bad at mm.
    There were quite a few hunters who changed to BM for progression on fights like M Avatar and KJ, who were most certainly not bad at MM. Despite that, there is a distinction between "have to" and simply doing it because it seems more efficient on those types of fights when you could technically kill it as either spec. People consistently blur lines like that on these boards to start silly arguments. I think it's pretty obvious what Nythiz was going for with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalliona View Post
    it´s pretty simple, an marksman hunter is a "sniper" class, and you do not see snipers running around and dance at the same time as they are shooting, so of course you can get to play the specc that you´re enjoying the most.

No. it. isn't.
    legion started this dumb sniper fantasy, before legion hunter had mobility in its shots, aimed shot was the stand still shot, arcane shot was the mobile focus dump, steady shot was the generator and chimeara shot was our nuke. it worked. they didn't need to change it to this terrible design.

Quote Originally Posted by reimmi2016 View Post
    No. it. isn't.
    legion started this dumb sniper fantasy, before legion hunter had mobility in its shots, aimed shot was the stand still shot, arcane shot was the mobile focus dump, steady shot was the generator and chimeara shot was our nuke. it worked. they didn't need to change it to this terrible design.
    So, literally the only thing that changed about stand still or free movement was nothing. You used to stand still for AiS, now you still stand still for AiS. Oh, and Windburst every so often.
    The difference is that Hunters lost the instant CS. Other than that, it's still as mobile as it ever was for the most part, as the only time we ever had full mobility was 1 tier (as far as I can remember). Maybe we had an xpac that had it, but I barely pay attention anymore. The thing is, there than casting AiS or Windburst, you're still as mobile as the spec almost always ever was.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest hope is a revamp of all the pets. So many are just skins and don't have any unique moves. Would be nice to have a variety to use.
    I would like it so BM can choose to spice up their rotation with more shots or keep it simple. I would like some more buttons to press here and there. Or you know, more shot based moves to make me actually feel like a Hunter and not Scream RAWR PET GO KILL! Command WHISTLE Dire beast constantly.
    Survival needs some love BADLY. Condense some stuff together and make it flow better. Oh and you know, seeing its in Melee, being able to actually survive a few hits would be nice too.
    I ignored MM this Expac, the RNG and Vulnerability bit was a big turn off. I would like them to decide though if MM is going to be a no pet spec with Lone Wolf Baseline, or make MM with pets a viable play style as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reimmi2016 View Post
    No. it. isn't.
    It's hardly changed.
    Back in the day (and I'm not talking classic here), MM used to cast all the time, yet we were the most mobile class even then.

Currently, T20 is the most limiting factor to our movement btw. The fact that you need to cast 2 AiS in a row means it's harder to plan movement without losing a GCD.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-11-05 at 08:49 PM.

If you saw the after interview it sounded like not a lot is going to change with classes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It's hardly changed.
    Back in the day (and I'm not talking classic here), MM used to cast all the time, yet we were the most mobile class even then.

Currently, T20 is the most limiting factor to our movement btw. The fact that you need to cast 2 AiS in a row means it's harder to plan movement without losing a GCD.

Im not talking about pve.
    PVP arcane shot was our focus dump, aimed shot was only used to nuke casters.
    MM needs that back, mobile focus dump.

we just need old SV again. most complaints about mobility, pets, etc are because the majority of hunters forced into either tard pet spec or mm caster. melee doesn't even exist for most people.

Okay so they're bringing class specific raid wide buffs. They're bringing vanilla realms. GIVE HUNTERS EYE OF THE BEAST ONCE AGAIN. Let's lobby for this. No "can't be reversed" bullshit!
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Okay so they're bringing class specific raid wide buffs. They're bringing vanilla realms. GIVE HUNTERS EYE OF THE BEAST ONCE AGAIN. Let's lobby for this. No "can't be reversed" bullshit!
    So, where will you use it in current content? Ah ,nowhere?
    Ok, sure, we DEFINITELY must demand this spell back.

Also it's so funny to see that's ppl want to back to WOD MM.
    I want to remind you that's WOD MM had the shittiest AOE.
    No AOE =no viability in M+, like Spriests.

Do you really want WOD MM to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    So, where will you use it in current content? Ah ,nowhere?
    Ok, sure, we DEFINITELY must demand this spell back.

Also it's so funny to see that's ppl want to back to WOD MM.
    I want to remind you that's WOD MM had the shittiest AOE.
    No AOE =no viability in M+, like Spriests.

Do you really want WOD MM to return?
    Yes please.

its really funny that the people talk about mm WoD to be fun, when they are referring to a bonus tier from a single raid

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    its really funny that the people talk about mm WoD to be fun, when they are referring to a bonus tier from a single raid
    And people don't seem to remember, that as fun as the tier bonus was, it was also the reason we never had any sort of competitive ST dps. You can't have full mobility and do good ST dps at the same time. I mean, look what's happening to BM right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Retron View Post
    Hopefully the return of raid buffs means that my wolf will once again bring a buff to the group. The current state of pet family abilities is shocking, I'm surprised that it's been left in such a way for so long!
    I see each class bringing a buff but I don't expect pet buffs to return. Besides, people complained back then that they were always stuck with the same pet because they had to bring that buff. That said, I would love to see pet talent trees where you could talent Hero/Lust, Brez, etc. on whichever pet you want.
    Last edited by nToxik; 2017-11-06 at 03:55 PM.

Anyone else curious about 8.0 hunters?
    Every hunter main
    Anyone else curious about 8.0 Warriors?
    Every warrior main
    etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ozusteapot View Post
    I'm really curious when we'll get to see how BfA's hunters will look like. Hopefully soon, and most importantly, hopefully with more reverted pruning.
    It's the class that needs the biggest rework. Like from the ground up rework. All 3 specs are fucking garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's the class that needs the biggest rework. Like from the ground up rework. All 3 specs are fucking garbage.
    So you say...but some of us actually do like the new versions of the classes.

I enjoy the Marksman style of using Vulnerability and acting like a "sniper". I enjoy the Survival style of balancing my Mok'Nathal with spamming the Mongoose Bite and it's nice to go melee once in a while to vary things up. I'm not super sold on Beast Mastery personally, but I think they have a good idea of what to do with it at least thematically. I just hate the AI for that one mainly.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    So you say...but some of us actually do like the new versions of the classes.

I enjoy the Marksman style of using Vulnerability and acting like a "sniper". I enjoy the Survival style of balancing my Mok'Nathal with spamming the Mongoose Bite and it's nice to go melee once in a while to vary things up. I'm not super sold on Beast Mastery personally, but I think they have a good idea of what to do with it at least thematically. I just hate the AI for that one mainly.
    Snipers don't act like that, snipers are far away like MoP where mastery gave extra range and shooting felt more like aiming than fucking homing missiles. Survival is nice but the fact that it deleted the most enjoyable hunter spec is stupid. Survival right now feels more like beastmastery than beastmastery does. Survival has more pet synergy than beastmastery itself, it's ridiculous. This entire class is a mess, to be completely honest, I don't care about people who like it how it is now, to me that's just people with bad taste, hunters were a million times more enjoyable and more logical in their class fantasy before.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Snipers don't act like that, snipers are far away like MoP where mastery gave extra range
    Uhhhh..........

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Uhhhh..........
    Or was it another xpack? I don't know, one of the shitty ones where they actually got hunters right unlike Legion.