Thread: Line of Wrynn

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Line of Wrynn

So the last 5 kings of stormwind have been the house of Wrynn.

Starting from Landan to Anduin

So as i was watching the New cinematic of Battle for Azeroth, what would happend if Anduin actually kicked the bucket in that war?.
    Why does he have no freaking Heir? He should be at the age of marriage. Kings was often forced to lay with several wives/concubines just to breed an heir to make sure the bloodline was safe, atleast before they went off to war. *Dies* Guess thats it for house of Wrynn.

Anduin dies and storwind would fall into chaos, no apparent successor is avalible. Not like when Lothar took over when king LIane died.

Several Royal bloodlines have been destroyed by this,

Kael'thas was the Last of the world famous Sunstrider legacy.

Galen Trollbane was the last heir to Thoras which goes back to the ancient kingdom of Strom? But Danath can pick upp the flag. which i actually favor since i played him in wc2 .

Well the list goes on. just sad to see several famous bloodlines gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post

So as i was watching the New cinematic of Battle for Azeroth, what would happend if Anduin actually kicked the bucket in that war?.
    Why does he have no freaking Heir? He should be at the age of marriage. Kings was often forced to lay with several wives/concubines just to breed an heir to make sure the bloodline was safe, atleast before they went off to war. *Dies* Guess thats it for house of Wrynn.

Anduin dies and storwind would fall into chaos, no apparent successor is avalible. Not like when Lothar took over when king LIane died.

Galen Trollbane was the last heir to Thoras which goes back to the ancient kingdom of Strom? But Danath can pick upp the flag. which i actually favor since i played him in wc2 .

Well Kaelthas was not the last of his line, he had a daughter or sister (not sure), that goes to Icecrown in Legion trying to get Kaelthas sword (Fire mage artifact i believe), she dies at the hand of the lich king and get ressurected as undead, we kill her.

Calia Menethil is still around, she could help make one of the royal bloodlines to come back or she could become the next Queen of the Alliance if no other royal family is on the line for the throne.

Calia Menethil is still around, she could help make one of the royal bloodlines to come back or she could become the next Queen of the Alliance if no other royal family is on the line for the throne.
    The issue with Anduin marrying Calia is that she's too old for him. She's 38 now and Anduin iirc is around 19-20 now, so it could technically happen, but it would probably be extremely uncomfortable considering the woman he called 'Aunt Jaina' would be younger than his wife.

He could also marry Tess, she's a few years older than him, but looking it up on Wowpedia, she was apparently an infant during Day of the Dragon, so she might be a decent match for Anduin. Can someone tell me how old she would be if she was born during/around Day of the Dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well Kaelthas was not the last of his line, he had a daughter or sister (not sure), that goes to Icecrown in Legion trying to get Kaelthas sword (Fire mage artifact i believe), she dies at the hand of the lich king and get ressurected as undead, we kill her.

You mean Lyandra Sunstrider? she wasnt Kael'thas daughter, She is a distant relative of Anasterian and has no right on the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The issue with Anduin marrying Calia is that she's too old for him. She's 38 now and Anduin iirc is around 19-20 now, so it could technically happen, but it would probably be extremely uncomfortable considering the woman he called 'Aunt Jaina' would be younger than his wife.
    I did not said he would marry Calia, but if Anduin dies, Calia may be able to "revive" the Menethil family and take the leadership of the alliance (right now we don't know of any other family that would have more "power to be king/queen" than the Menethils.

He could also marry Tess, she's a few years older than him, but looking it up on Wowpedia, she was apparently an infant during Day of the Dragon, so she might be a decent match for Anduin. Can someone tell me how old she would be if she was born during/around Day of the Dragon?
    Maybe, they also think a little bit alike, so its a plausible option.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Lyandra Sunstrider? she wasnt Kael'thas daughter, She is a distant relative of Anasterian and has no right on the throne.
    Well... when the whole family is dead, you get right for the throne :P (but now she is dead, so irrelevant)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I did not said he would marry Calia, but if Anduin dies, Calia may be able to "revive" the Menethil family and take the leadership of the alliance (right now we don't know of any other family that would have more "power to be king/queen" than the Menethils.

Maybe, they also think a little bit alike, so its a plausible option.

- - - Updated - - -

Well... when the whole family is dead, you get right for the throne :P (but now she is dead, so irrelevant)
    The Menethils have no right or claim on the throne of Stormwind. And as they have no kingdom of their own at the moment. I don't see how they can lead the Alliance.

EDIT Sorry did you mean if she marries Anduin?

If we're to take the ending of Son of the Wolf as canon, Anduin lives on to be an old man where he prepares to fight the Void with Velen aboard the Exodar.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Anduin won't die... too strong plot armor since we saw him as old in the comic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Anduin won't die... too strong plot armor since we saw him as old in the comic
    he must've used a lot of

Formerly known as Arafal

People holding to the comic when even Chronicles has been retconned...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by honoursword View Post
    The Menethils have no right or claim on the throne of Stormwind. And as they have no kingdom of their own at the moment. I don't see how they can lead the Alliance.

EDIT Sorry did you mean if she marries Anduin?
    No, was in case that Anduin dies and no other member of the Wrynn family is still alive.

I expect the Alliance to have SOMEONE take up the role, most likely have the different royal families battle for the sake of the throne (Something like what's happening in Kultiras now), so the Menethils may get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    he must've used a lot of
    Na, His version is weaker, he got the Velen's prophesies plot armor! (May or may not work after Alleria broke the plot armor of prophesies)

This isnt george r r martins world where every major character gets killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I think Anduin should marry Vanessa Vancleef and fcking pay families of stonemasons guild(aka. defilas brootherhood) for their freaking work, (for not knowing alliance fanboys, they were threated as workslaves when they was rebuilding stormwind, and then they go bad).

Yes, Anduin is heir of this shamefull act(by inheireting the same kingdom that do this thing) and he should regulate this, he would get more humans to populate Lordaeron if they would agree to that, even if it would make his war effort more difficult due to lack of money.

Fuck the bloodlines, Fuck the monarchy. He can just name an heir and be done.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    marrying Calia is the most legit thing he should think of right now, political marriage usually doesn't care about age or other taboos

so what if he marries a girl that is older than him by 18 years old? we still see that in our real world, but as a king he should.

i mean, his son could mix the line if Wyrnn and Menethil, and can claim both Stormwind and the fallen city of Lordaeron, and he can push to be the emperor of the humans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    I think Anduin should marry Vanessa Vancleef and fcking pay families of stonemasons guild(aka. defilas brootherhood) for their freaking work, (for not knowing alliance fanboys, they were threated as workslaves when they was rebuilding stormwind, and then they go bad).

Yes, Anduin is heir of this shamefull act(by inheireting the same kingdom that do this thing) and he should regulate this, he would get more humans to populate Lordaeron if they would agree to that, even if it would make his war effort more difficult due to lack of money.
    It wasn't Varians fault it was the House of Nobles. Even though he is King he doesn't have complete power and control over the kingdom. A lot of things, such as the general running of the city are not within the kings control. It was the House of Nobles who refused to pay the stonemasons. Varian actually worked hard to try and get them paid, but was politically outmaneuvered.

Fuck the bloodlines, Fuck the monarchy. He can just name an heir and be done.
    Not how it is done sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    marrying Calia is the most legit thing he should think of right now, political marriage usually doesn't care about age or other taboos

so what if he marries a girl that is older than him by 18 years old? we still see that in our real world, but as a king he should.

i mean, his son could mix the line if Wyrnn and Menethil, and can claim both Stormwind and the fallen city of Lordaeron, and he can push to be the emperor of the humans
    Assuming at least a portion of the Arathi Highlands and Lordaeron is reclaimed by the Alliance (obviously at the end of the day the Forsaken will get back Undercity), the smart thing for Anduin to do would do is to start some sort of puppet kingdom. Maybe trying to match one of his Ellerian relatives (on his mother's side) with Calia and form a new ruling house with ties to House Wrynn.

Danath Trollbane could possibly be given rule over Stromgarde as a sovereign city-state or something like that.

Anduin isn't a warchief. He'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by honoursword View Post
    It wasn't Varians fault it was the House of Nobles. Even though he is King he doesn't have complete power and control over the kingdom. A lot of things, such as the general running of the city are not within the kings control. It was the House of Nobles who refused to pay the stonemasons. Varian actually worked hard to try and get them paid, but was politically outmaneuvered
    So is Anduin now in power and control over the Kingdom and the Alliance, completely? Or is he being manipulated by Genn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernobyll View Post
    So is Anduin now in power and control over the Kingdom and the Alliance, completely? Or is he being manipulated by Genn?
    Anduin has never had complete control over the Alliance. His role as 'High King' is more of a Commander-in-Chief role where he leads and decides military tactics and decisions. However, each member has full autonomy over their own territories. So in other words Anduin couldn't order the Stormwind Royal Guard into Darnassus for example like Garrosh did in the Horde.

Warchief = Full dictatorship rule over all territories in the Horde
    High King = Command of Alliance military forces.
    King of Stormwind = Head of state of the Kingdom of Stormwind. House of Nobles handle the day to day running of the kingdom.

That's my understanding of how it works.

As for Genn his role is that of an advisor to the King (perhaps also a Field Marshal as he was commanding the forces in the field), but ultimately he has no political power in Stormwind. He is still King of Gilneas though.