Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    still dont know if that is the first strike of the war.
    we only know how 2 events are.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Sylvanas is a woman who wanted to lure her little Sister to undercity to murder her and turn her into her personal undead Waifu.

I think the best explanation is that she is simply evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Is this supposed to be a joke? Malfurion who is like the most powerful druid of all time fails to see the corruption but the horde can?
    The Forsaken have a strong relation to nature...

... ever since Arthas put them into the dirt lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Why does Sylvanas nukes Teldrassil?
    Like I have said, probably just out of tactical finess. If she intends to take on Stormwind, she first has to make sure to take out everything that could stop her with that.

When Germany got invaded on D Day, they didn't just jump out of planes over berlin, they started in france, secure their bases ans outposts and then marched towards Berlin.
    Sylvanas probably does the same. She takes out the biggest threat first, a giant vertically walled fortress right next to Orgrimmar that could easyly launch a counter attack when sylvanas tries to attack stormwind. Maybe she just fails with her plan by not being able to hold Lordaeron. It isn't the frst time her cunning plans fail.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Sylvanas is a woman who wanted to lure her little Sister to undercity to murder her and turn her into her personal undead Waifu.

I think the best explanation is that she is simply evil.
    You have that wrong. It as Veressa idea to join her sister in the Undercity, die, and be raised. She didn't go through with it, but to say it was Sylvanas idea to "lure and kill" her sister is completely inaccurate.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

From Blizzcon, we don't have any confirmation.

"Why would the alliance attack the UC. It's a good question, but here's a better question. Why would the horde burn down Teldrassil?"
    "Did Teldrassil fall first, and lead to the attack on UC? Or was the burning of teldrassil a response to the bold attack on Lordaeron."

@<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=757396" target="_blank">Bathory</a> just posted on another thread.

What is the power of Teldrassil ? Could it be some use by someone (Genn) to cure something ? like a a werewolf curse ? or to ressurect someone ?
    Something that Sylvannas would destroy so Genn would not be able to use ? Just for the lol and watch him suffer

Could Sylvannas doing an expriment that went wrong trying to cure something ? Like a undead problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Like a undead problem ?
    A Night Elf problem.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    vareesa went willingly, then decide not to after SYLVANAS reminded her of her little half breed abominations.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    You have that wrong. It as Veressa idea to join her sister in the Undercity, die, and be raised. She didn't go through with it, but to say it was Sylvanas idea to "lure and kill" her sister is completely inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    vareesa went willingly, then decide not to after SYLVANAS reminded her of her little half breed abominations.
    ? Vereesa never wanted, or even knew that she'd be killed and raised. She was thinking about living there as the living. Sylvanas was the one with the idea of killing her sister as she thought the Forsaken would never accept a living leader, but she never told Vereesa about that and there was no indication or implication that Vereesa ever guessed her sister's plan.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ? Vereesa never wanted, or even knew that she'd be killed and raised.
    i meant she went willingly to her sister.

not the undead part.

Formerly known as Arafal

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stormrage

I know it's challenging -like literally painful- to read Stormrage but it really does already hit all these points.

No, I think the burning of Teldrassil will be spite plain-and-clear, and I think that the preview image shows Alleria baring witness to exactly -exactly- how little the Horde has changed since they burned down Silvermoon simply because they could. With the Horde on the back-foot after Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    A Night Elf problem.
    Night Elf with a world tree, corrupted with something, once the fire draw out, that could give immortallity or raise dead people into undead ?

One answer in one interview isn't 100% confirmation. The whole first day, Ion Hazzacoaster was all emphatic about worgen and goblin model updates not being in Battle for Azeroth, but in the Q&A the art director, with Ion up there on stage was like "nah, he just meant they won't be in 8.0 but we're gonna get them in sometime during the expansion"

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good premise. Have you read Stormrage, though? It specifically mentioned that Teldrassil was sick due to Nightmare and that Malfurion saw entire tree was writhing in agony then in his moment of mary sueness, he manages to cleanse entire Teldrassil of the Nightmare, then blessed it along with a blessing from Alexstrasza, I believe. While it wasn't as powerful as the one in Hyjal but it still did have single Aspect blessing it with vitality and life or something like that.

I can't remember accurately but Teldrassil is protected so I don't think this happens. It's just probably just first stop for Horde's war machines to prevent from Night Elves being able to send help to Alliance while they deal with their own problem/crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Is this supposed to be a joke? Malfurion who is like the most powerful druid of all time fails to see the corruption but the horde can?
    I think Malfurion falls under the purview of "Cenarion Circle druids taht get ignored by the wider NE community" in OP's post.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely the war starts in Silithus with the two factions fighting over Azerite? There's a reason the battleground is coming in Legion and not BfA

No thanks. Before the Storm already depicts Sylvanas as desiring a faction war. We don't need the Horde saving the day, or the Night Elves falling to corruption, for it to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I think Malfurion falls under the purview of "Cenarion Circle druids taht get ignored by the wider NE community" in OP's post.
    Why would Tyrande ignore Malfurion's council?

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Like I have said, probably just out of tactical finess. If she intends to take on Stormwind, she first has to make sure to take out everything that could stop her with that.

When Germany got invaded on D Day, they didn't just jump out of planes over berlin, they started in france, secure their bases ans outposts and then marched towards Berlin.
    Sylvanas probably does the same. She takes out the biggest threat first, a giant vertically walled fortress right next to Orgrimmar that could easyly launch a counter attack when sylvanas tries to attack stormwind. Maybe she just fails with her plan by not being able to hold Lordaeron. It isn't the frst time her cunning plans fail.
    This is what it doesn't make sense, Teldrassil is just so out of the way, nor a better staging point than Azuremyst for a retaliatory attack on Orgrimmar. It doesn't help her plan to attack SW when the obvious step for Alliance retaliation is to attack Undercity, and are we willing to believe that Sylvanas is willing to sacrifice her Undercity over Orgrimmar?

Cause if the whole thing boils down is to "Sylvanas just was shit at planning" it's just poorly written. Not that she would be infallible, but if we start the expansion with Sylvanas downright making tactical mistakes it's just a bummer for the horde.

Deleted
    I bet Tyrande regrets helping the Horde in Siege of Orgrimmar. I bet she also regrets helping the Nightbourne.