Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For the people who can't understand why people want to go back and play the original version of WoW I ask you this, why do people continue to flock to classic sports cars?

Yes the new sports cars are awesome but with all the new tech the cars hold your hand a lot of the way. They've streamlined lots of stuff like making cars automatic or having driving assists.

Now we go back to the classic sports cars for that real feeling of driving. No driver assists, no abs, no traction control or power steering. You have a clutch and shifter. You have to work extra hard to get the most out of the car but it rewards you heavily. It doesn't hold your hand in any way.

Retail WoW is the new super cars with all the fancy tech that holds your hand.

Vanilla WoW is the classic sports car where you really have to pay attention and learn the how the car drives. The more you practice the more you get out of it and since it doesn't hold your hand or make driving easy it's much more satisfying and rewarding.

Hitting that 90 degree turn without the rear end sliding out will feel much better in a car that isn't doing majority of the work for you.

At the end of the day the classic sports car will always be more thrilling, exciting and rewarding when compared to the new sports cars with all the driver assists.

Deleted
    Why? Because we like the gameplay and how you play the game.

That's what people don't understand, there are people that LIKE THE VANILLA GAMEPLAY. So we want that, easy.

No LFG/LFR/Xrealm or any community destroying tools like that. The game became crap once they introduced all these features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Honestly, I never liked rewatching a movie either.

Whats the point?
    have you ever listened a good cd twice?

Deleted
    Why do people bother with Legion or Battle for Azeroth? Same reason for vanilla. Because they enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to explain properly without sounding mushy but it reminds me a lot more of the older rpg games and tabletops such as DnD. You're just an adventurer, underpowered and in need of a party to take down that bandit camp the creepy guy over at the mill gave you a quest for. You get two copper and a grey item with 1 more armor but by god, you could take all the armor you can get your hands on right now. Then you ding and oh man, you get to put one more skillpoint in your tree, not long now before you got that next talent which will ease your questing considerably. You head over to your class trainer and open your coinpurse; is it worth buying that rank 3 skill or should you wait? Do you even have enough mana for it to be much use? Nah. You save your coppers so you can head over to the city and visit the arms trainer. You want to go two-handed and it is time you start leveling that up. And so on.

Oh well, that got a bit weird anyway I'll probably be playing both classic and retail as they scratch two different itches for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Dont get me wrong vanilla was great when it released but now there is nothing left to beat in vanilla, we defeated all raids, the only thing that remains is some pvp perhaps, why would you even bother with a game you have already defeated? there is nothing to progress upon, i never understood this vanilla server thing, it makes so sense.
    when you say "we defeated all raids" Who are you talking about? The 0.2% that killed kel'thuzard? and "why would you even bother with a game you have already defeated?" not sure what you count as "defeated" since if you did not do naxx full clear you did not defeat vanilla, you where just a spectator.

In any case, for me personally, i never got the chance to raid back in 60 and i do want to beat naxx and i think most who will raid in classic feel the same. we never got to complete it so here is a new chance to do so.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you hear the whisper on the winds? It speaks to me... it says... Barrens chat~

We've been playing vanilla for 12/13 years now and we still do on different servers. Stop arguing, people like it. Why do you like coke over pepsi? why do you like sprite of 7up? It's taste, stop arguing about someone's personal opinion. We fucking like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Personally, I don't see it lasting more than six months after it goes live.
    Bwahaha!!!

You think in 6 months even half the population with be 60? Get real man. Pushing it with a LOT of free time will sill take 4-5 months. Imagine spending half a night to only get a partial level. Are you new to Vanilla?

The only way to get 60 in a month or 2 is if you have no job, intend to flunk out of school, or run bots.

I hope Blizzard has bot detection handy.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-11-05 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    have you ever listened a good cd twice?
    I never even eat the same food twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I never even eat the same food twice.
    So how can u eat if they put you the same food in the plate more than 1 piece? Like 2 potatoes for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Bwahaha!!!

You think in 6 months even half the population with be 60? Get real man. Pushing it with a LOT of free time will sill take 4-5 months. Imagine spending half a night to only get a partial level. Are you new to Vanilla?

The only way to get 60 in a month or 2 is if you have no job, intend to flunk out of school, or run bots.

All the more reason for people to get bored and go back to the current game.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Dont get me wrong vanilla was great when it released but now there is nothing left to beat in vanilla, we defeated all raids, the only thing that remains is some pvp perhaps, why would you even bother with a game you have already defeated? there is nothing to progress upon, i never understood this vanilla server thing, it makes so sense.
    <1% of players in Vanilla entered Naxx. So 99% of all Vanilla players have a reason to go back! Hope that answered it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Only, they don't.

"Average LFR players" are able to handle and enjoy Classic just fine, and will be once the server comes out.
    What am I saying? - they would have given up when they pulled over 2 mobs just outside the starting area and got killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    What am I saying? - they would have given up when they pulled over 2 mobs just outside the starting area and got killed.
    Either they give up and quit. Or they talk to the other lvl 3 troll over there having troubles. Asking if they should group up? BAMBOOM! He/she's on his/her way to enjoy vanilla.

All the more reason for people to get bored and go back to the current game.
    Those who get bored early are not the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    I know people in person whom never got past LFR in Live, whom treat Classic as their game and are raiding in it and will be raiding on the official server.

There's no delusion going on other than among you zealots whom truly believe that Classic was some sort of MLG-factory.

Those who get bored early are not the target audience.
    We'll see. Six months, and the Classic servers will be ghost towns.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Bwahaha!!!

The average time back then, when the game was new and people were quite frankly newbs, was 30 days or so of play time.
    This person managed to cut it down to 4 days and 20 hours of /played, through knowing the efficient routes.

People will be doing just fine, there's tons of information these days on where to go and when.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see. Six months, and the Classic servers will be ghost towns.
    Hopefully not, would be nice if they become a staple where the now Private server-playerbase could feel at home and where Live-players could go to mess around now and then.