Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    that makes it worse tbh, i didnt know you can avoid war, i guess if a country nukes my country i will just unflag myself. In fact this expansion is more of a pve expansion with a terrible setting, the setting screams PVP but there is no pvp at all.
    Who gives a shit? PVPers can play with PVPers and leave the rest of us alone.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

-PvP will be optional, and you toggle that on your main city. After that you only see players that have PvP toggled off or on the same way than you. The whole world shards.

-Warfronts are PvE content that aim to tell the narrative of our faction regaining/conquering new zones.They are part of the story progression and they can't be left to be decided by player against player. But I hope after a Warfront campaign is done, it can be replayed, that could have a PvP option.

-Islands can be PvP or PvP, depending of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Most people don't like PvP. Making essential aspects of the game PvP mandatory would drive a lot of people out and that's the last thing Blizzard want.
    Feels like most people don't like pvp because there's never been much of a great reward attached to it. While I don't want pvp to be mandatory, it would be nice to have optional PvP Warfronts, essentially creating an open world battleground. BGs are a much more casual experience compared to arenas and I loved old school WPvP so I was hoping these warfronts would have a pvp option.

I totally get the hatred for PvP in the game in general these days though now that I've grown up and don't have time to screw around all day. getting ganked just tilts the hell out of me because I'm trying to get PvE related content done with the little time I have. But if warfronts had a pvp option and had good rewards tied to it I think that would be a huge win for the WPvP crowd.

Really need a solid blue response on how exactly this is going to work in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    2. The game designer said they want us to stay on the new zones which means shitty world pvp and i guess it will be instanced as fuck.
    With the removal of PVE/PVP realms and the choice for individual players to flag up, Blizzard is essentially killing world PVP. They may have a faith that a lot of people will go for it. I'm not so sure I do. But as someone on a decidedly PVE realm that flags up now and then I could be wrong.

But with this Blizzard is coming down firmly on the side of World PVP being an entirely voluntary thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Feels like most people don't like pvp because there's never been much of a great reward attached to it.
    Personally, being bursted in mere seconds of CC/silence is just not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Unsub, you'll do us all a favour. There's so much wrong about your entire OP that I don't even know where to begin.

"Supposed to be a pvp thing" - Why is it supposed to be anything? They have never stated it had anything to do with PvP.
    "Shitty world pvp" - Why would the continent have anything to do with world PvP? Besides you being able to gank lowbies. You might call that PvP, I don't since the lowbies have no chance of defending themselves (PvVictim). The same goes for world PvP now if you play any class that has significant burst, whoever you attack has no chance of defending themselves as they virtually die in one global (think Ebonbolt + ice lance shatter or DHs/rogues in general etc).

You conveniently leave out the new BG and Arena(s?) along with the discussion about working to improve PvP templates. I guess your overall negativity just filters out anything positive!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-11-05 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Personally, being bursted in mere seconds of CC/silence is just not fun.
    yeah, feels like recent expansions have made that a more common experience when facing certain classes in 1v1s, but BGs are definitely about "nuke X first". Most classes do have enough tools to make this sort of a "git gud" scenario unless you're a class that's just totally fucked if you get hit by even one CC. Casters seem to have the most tools to get out of these situations imo.

Game needs to really tone down the amount of CC/Burst damage available in PvP but for some reason blizzard won't balance PvE and PvP separately. Templates was a step in the right direction but more work needs done, or they just need to get rid of pvp entirely and stop yanking everyone's chain.

The one thing I do agree with the OP on is that the expansion's story and setting make literally zero fucking sense if it's all going to be PvE focused, however.
    Last edited by rasako; 2017-11-05 at 06:35 PM.

Lol, another of these threads.

"Now i cant gang an afk player or an undergeared just dinged 120, or i cant 10v2 with my friends and call it PvP and skill, WAHHH".

"And they are adding new content where i cant do that even more, wahhh!!"

WoW is all about gear chase, PvE or PvP, whatever gives the gear, people will flock there, and since PvP doesnt give any relevant gear, imagine why the majority stopped PvPing! Its really hard to find out why!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Feels like most people don't like pvp because there's never been much of a great reward attached to it. While I don't want pvp to be mandatory, it would be nice to have optional PvP Warfronts, essentially creating an open world battleground. BGs are a much more casual experience compared to arenas and I loved old school WPvP so I was hoping these warfronts would have a pvp option.

I totally get the hatred for PvP in the game in general these days though now that I've grown up and don't have time to screw around all day. getting ganked just tilts the hell out of me because I'm trying to get PvE related content done with the little time I have. But if warfronts had a pvp option and had good rewards tied to it I think that would be a huge win for the WPvP crowd.

Really need a solid blue response on how exactly this is going to work in the near future.
    I don't think it's a reward thing. Most people I know want to have a nice evening, that's what you get when you fight against NPC because they act in a foreseeable manner, you learn with every run.

In PvP you get twitchy targets and a lot of backstabbing. If I want fast action I'll play Quake or Toxikk but not Wow.
    The only good pvp I ever had in an MMO was in DaoC and that was more about really big battles with castles and siege weapons.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I think Warfronts should really be 1vAI or 1v1.
    I'd play those things all goddamn day if they were.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2017-11-05 at 11:45 PM.

WoW pvp hasn't been good in a very long time. They may as well remove it as this point.

Quote Originally Posted by snitcher geralt View Post
    I've been away for a month and when I saw all the info I instantly got that feeling to come back, but after thinking about it 10 mins and reading through it's the same old bullshit we've done over and over. The whole horde vs alliance is forced, anduin is the world's new goddamn mary sue, the weak/pitiful horde still can't stand up to anyone itself without divine intervention by Coach "Ghost-banshee" Sylvanas or some other christmas miracle. SAME STORY AGAIN AND STILL OUT OF PLACE. "If it's red/blue, it's dead, but we should work together for now, but kill the other faction ASAP, but hold on there's baddies let's work together, now let's kill again."

Come on, hire writers who give a fuck the way the art team does. Art has carried this game a long time now.

It's the same old shit and it doesn't seem like they've been working on it much with the info we got, we're just getting more shit they took away which has been the goddamn MO the past 3 expansions. Everything feels like an attempt to milk us for money instead of an attempt to make a game those fuckboys would want to play

This game is officially dead to me, I've never wanted to quit while not playing until I just read all the blizzcon info. I'm gonna go play modded skyrim, that 6 year old game is more fun to me

Guess 13 years of warcraft is my limit.

For all you fucktards who were on the "activision isn't gonna have a say in wow blah blah" well guess what, you got activision's fingerprints all over blizzard's games now, remember when folks mentioned how their board of directors was majority activision from day 1? Yeah, this is why, this was always the plan and the game isn't what it once was as a result, it's just like every other activision game.

You folks supporting this shit that YOU don't even like are ruining gaming for all of us. We're getting the same treatment to ALL games that sports games got for years (and they're slowly dying off, NCAA football is gone, NBA 2k is selling less and less each year, madden isn't what it used to be and is as known for the cover curse as the game itself)

It's just a bleak outlook and fanbois who play shit they don't like are the root cause.
    Did you remember to buy your tissues before typing this? Also if you’re leaving wow can leave wow communities too, like you said people that hate some but stick around continue to ruin it. Don’t be a root cause.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    You can only turn PvP off in capital cities, not everywhere.
    Did they confirm this somewhere? Not doubting you just wondering. Is there any more info on it generally?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Did they confirm this somewhere? Not doubting you just wondering. Is there any more info on it generally?
    During the what’s next panel I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Either the What's Next panel or, more likely I think, the Q&As.

Deleted
    This thread is a compilation of everything wrong with the mmo-c community... get help, please!