Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question When will we get Allied Races?

Considering how we have to unlock and level them, do you think Blizzard plans on releasing them ahead of Battle for Azeroth? I mean, if I wanted to main a Zandalari in Battle for Azeroth, it would kind of suck if I had to:

1. Wait until the expansion releases

2. Quest into Zandalar with one character until I unlock the race

3. LEVEL that character to 108, while everyone else is questing in the new content.

4. REPEAT all the stuff I had to do prior to unlocking the Zandalari.

It seems like anyone wanting to main an Allied race would be far behind anyone else, who will have ages to level their desired characters before launch. Do you think Blizzard is considering this?

Blizzard timegating something? Nahhhh, why would they want to slow players down?

I don't have any source atm, but I believe they said that they are already being introduced in 7.3.5 (though I assume we'll only get 4 of them and Zandalari/Dark Iron Trolls at launch of 8.0)

I thought it was said somewhere that you unlock them as you level the new continents?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

7+ Year Old Account
    They will not come before BFA. They have said it pretty clear, that during the leveling experience you will get the questline for the races. It would not make sense for us to meet Zandalar trolls before we actually find their village
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

They said we would get 6 allied races at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Considering how we have to unlock and level them, do you think Blizzard plans on releasing them ahead of Battle for Azeroth? I mean, if I wanted to main a Zandalari in Battle for Azeroth, it would kind of suck if I had to:

1. Wait until the expansion releases

2. Quest into Zandalar with one character until I unlock the race

3. LEVEL that character to 108, while everyone else is questing in the new content.

4. REPEAT all the stuff I had to do prior to unlocking the Zandalari.

It seems like anyone wanting to main an Allied race would be far behind anyone else, who will have ages to level their desired characters before launch. Do you think Blizzard is considering this?
    This hasn't been confirmed yet obviously, but they'll probably have a 110 boost with the new expansion, and if it's anything like Legion, you'll probably get a freebie to use. So you'd just be missing out on some transmog from their special "hit 110 on your own" ach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    They will not come before BFA. They have said it pretty clear, that during the leveling experience you will get the questline for the races. It would not make sense for us to meet Zandalar trolls before we actually find their village
    I get that, but I would really hate if I had to do Zandalar, level, AND THEN Zandalar AGAIN if I wanted a Zandalari. Thankfully, I don't, I want to play a Highmountain Tauren. It COULD Work like the Pandaren, they aren't from Pandaria, but instead the Wandering Isle. Could our Zandalari characters come from a lost tribe somewhere else on Azeroth?

Basically, I just don't want to repeat content.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now that I think about it, the playable Zandalari HAVE to be from another tribe, right? Wouldn't make much sense for our playable Zandalari to set sail for Zandalar to RECRUIT the Zandalari.

Anyway, I'm hoping it comes with patch 8.0 rather than launch itself.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would expect if you pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth you'll be able to get the quests and unlock Void Elves/Lightforged and Nightborne/Highmountain and create them, similar to Demon Hunters. From what they said at Blizzcon you unlock Dark Iron/Zandalar by questing past 110.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    That's curious...how do the Dark Iron tie in to Kul'Tiras?

7+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but I would really hate if I had to do Zandalar, level, AND THEN Zandalar AGAIN if I wanted a Zandalari. Thankfully, I don't, I want to play a Highmountain Tauren. It COULD Work like the Pandaren, they aren't from Pandaria, but instead the Wandering Isle. Could our Zandalari characters come from a lost tribe somewhere else on Azeroth?

Basically, I just don't want to repeat content.
    Well this is something that will require you to repeat content. It will proberly be a small amount of content, but you will proberly have to do a few lvls before that.

As some have pointed out, we might get a few allied races before 8.0, but it will be in the pre-expansion patch then, so it is not like you will have months to do this.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    The Leaker who leaked everything in detail correctly till now one week before blizzcon also said something about that.
    In Fact if he remains right the first 2 subraces for each faction is comming with 7.3.5. Voidelf, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne

Quote Originally Posted by warneverchanges View Post
    It's a thing coming in 7.3.5. No need to even wait until expac. (Since Horde gets Nightfall Elves, Alliance gets Void Elves, balanced!)

7+ Year Old Account
    That's curious...how do the Dark Iron tie in to Kul'Tiras?
    Blizzard is gonna set up a big story questline, that will focus on the war between Horde and Alliance, and not only the battle on Kul'tiras and Zandalar. So we will proberly go back to Ironforge and see Moira finally take control of the Dark Iron faction completly and thereby giving us the ability to play as them.

The same with Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei. We will proberly ask for their aid in the war and they will join us.,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    The Leaker who leaked everything in detail correctly till now one week before blizzcon also said something about that.
    In Fact if he remains right the first 2 subraces for each faction is comming with 7.3.5. Voidelf, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne
    Never heard of this leaker, but I really hope that is true. Too good to be true, but I'm hoping.

Deleted
    Never heard of this leaker, but I really hope that is true. Too good to be true, but I'm hoping.
    Search for his username that I quoted, look at the date he posted it and how detailed and completely true everything turned out. Too much luck for my taste

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    7.3.5 as pre orders makes the most sense for the first 4 allied races.

Perfect timing with a level-scaling patch.

My guess : Late December for a christmas patch 7.3.5, the time where people buy stuff, throw pre orders in, smart move.

Still would need a few weeks of testing cause all the dungeons/items are getting rescaled, so PTR probably in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-06 at 12:19 AM.

I think the recruiting/unlocking of the four Legion-related allied races will be at 110, at some point during 7.3.5., as content we can do during the long drought before 8.0. Creating allied race characters may require preordering the expansion.

Zandalari/Dark Irons will be unlocked only in 8.0, maybe even require level 120.

Also, I think there are more allied races on the works for 8.0, but they weren't announced because they aren't ready and Blizzard may have to delay them. That big brawler-like tirasian human monster hunter seemed almost ready to go, for instance.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We get them through questlines as we level to 120.

Bit of a shame, I have a few characters I would race change in a heartbeat.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We get them through questlines as we level to 120.

Bit of a shame, I have a few characters I would race change in a heartbeat.
    Only the 2 (Zandalar/Dark Iron) are confirmed to be in the new zones.

The other 4 are certainly the most related to Legion and have more detailed info on the official site like class choices, they could certainly come earlier.

Demon hunters came in WoD 7.0. And 4 new races were sort of datamined in 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think the recruiting/unlocking of the four Legion-related allied races will be at 110, at some point during 7.3.5., as content we can do during the long drought before 8.0. Creating allied race characters may require preordering the expansion.

Zandalari/Dark Irons will be unlocked only in 8.0, maybe even require level 120.

Also, I think there are more allied races on the works for 8.0, but they weren't announced because they aren't ready and Blizzard may have to delay them. That big brawler-like tirasian human monster hunter seemed almost ready to go, for instance.
    They probably need to work on females yet, but agreed - more are certainly coming be it in 8.0 or 8.1