Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    We're definitely not getting all of the South Seas. Absolutely. But how many people wanted to head down into the Nerubian Empire as part of the WotLK experience? How many hoped to defend their capital cities from his attacks as raid content or play a Necromancer who steals his undead from him and turns them around?

We know we're going to fight Azshara in the second tier. We don't know that we'll kill her. Or N'zoth. We could have her appear, here, and become the big bad over the course of the expansion with the entire next Blizzcon centered around talking about her raid and the Naga and everything else. Maybe she'll get 2 tiers. Maybe after the first tier is over we excise her influence from Kul'tiras and head down into Nazjatar for 4-5 zones dedicated to her at end-game with another full sized raid before we go up against N'zoth.

Yeah. She's not going to get the box art and the title. But that doesn't mean she's going to be a small part of the expansion by default. It might just be the devs trying to play the later portions of the expansion close to the chest like they did with Pandaria, trying to maintain lots of mystery on where the story is going.

But you present it with the most negative spin possible. There's a big canvas that's been covered and we've been shown a tiny piece of it, and we're all trying to guess what the rest of the painting is.

All you're describing seems to be the bottom left corner being a war between Horde and Alliance while the rest is a carefully and lovingly rendered poop emoji using stool samples from every developer to give it that authentic smell.
    Arguments aside, that last sentence was pure literary gold. Props for that!

But back on topic, i get what youre saying and i hope youre right, that way at least some justice would be done to Azshara's story and although it wouldnt be the dream of a 100% south seas expansion, i guess it would be close enough and i would be content. 4-5 zones of Nazjatar... im drooling at the mouth already. And youre right that ive taken a pretty pessimistic view here, but more often than not i have been disappointed when hoping for something that Blizzard didnt announce. In my experience theyre pretty good at nailing the things they actually want to nail, but youre out of luck if you start praying they will do something incredible with a sidestory which you are really invested in. Chances are, if it wasnt announced as an expansion feature it either wont be touched on at all, or i will be treated with far less care and attention than it deserves. But i honestly hope that this time, youll be right and ill be wrong. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was, deeply, proud of that description, yes.

Don't be that guy. Enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dusketernal View Post
    I am completely underwhelmed. I don't see a single thing in it that grabs my attention, makes me want to play it, etc. The "new" races are maybe a semi-redeeming feature (they seem like a nod to sub-races, but are attempting to push it a bit... far, methinks), but some seem pretty ridiculous. The premise of the expansion, though, reads like filler - like this is a placeholder expansion until they can figure out a better direction to go.

I've been pretty excited for the expansions prior to this (even the ones that many folks felt were... less than they should have been). Nothing thus far about this one sparks the slightest excitement in me. Hell, much as I wasn't fond of Vashj'ir, I would preferred a water expansion overall with another Old God story as the focus than this. Parts of it even read like a joke to me - and I'm not laughing because it's apparently serious.

I dunno. This one just isn't doing it for me.
    indeed I feel the same way, the only thing that kept me in this game was raiding, but the move to being forced to have 20 people basically killed raiding for me, over time. Nothing about this expac looks enticing to me, i hated artifact weapons and heart of azeroth is not looking any more enticing. going back to war with the alliance after we accomplish what seemed to be the impossible together is probably the single most pants on head, full blown retarded move they've ever made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Is this what you did with everything? I mean I could easily spin that in the opposite direction. Why are you so overly negative? You haven’t even played it yet. You don’t know what it’ll be like at all until you play it. It’s not very healthy to view everything so negatively or positively especially before you even get to see it/try it.
    You asked a question I gave an answer. I didn't say it will be awful I am saying everything we have been told isn't very interesting to me... interest is subjective. I am still on the fence but definitely not hyped