Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Having to deal with damn pathfinder again. Because you know there gonna delay it until the near end again. Having to deal with the F'in rep grinds and other bs. Seriously hoping they get some bad karma of there own to balance out the crap they do to the players.No word if undercity will become an actual alliance hub past 110 or a ghosttown afterwards.

Yep, totally.

Nothing coming with BfA will be new. The game doesn't rustle billion-levels of revenue, hours spent by the playerbase are not going upwards every quarter and the developers are so desperate for monies that they're preying upon poor players without smartphones by charging a fee for physical authenticators, at an insane rate of 6 USD!!

/s

Just a summary of the retarded complaints seen since Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Having to deal with damn pathfinder again. Because you know there gonna delay it until the near end again. Having to deal with the F'in rep grinds and other bs. Seriously hoping they get some bad karma of there own to balance out the crap they do to the players.No word if undercity will become an actual alliance hub past 110 or a ghosttown afterwards.
    How dare they make the game on the assumption that players logging in will want to play the game!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Extremely unique additions to be sure.

3 player dungeons, how unique.

Speedrunning dungeons, how unique.

Single player dungeons, how unique.

You get to fart about on a farm and do daily quests. How unique.

This one actually was unique, I'll give you that, a completely new addition to the game. I was sure this was from Cata, but it seems it actually came in the MoP prepatch.

Aside from pet battles though, it's all just slightly different takes on very basic concepts of the game. Pretty much like what we're getting from BFA. And this can pretty much be said for anything they've done except pet battles and command table missions, and we all know how beloved both of those additions have been.
    saying "how unique" to erything is just dumb. It is a fucking MMO
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Obviously not. Everyone thought we were getting Azshara and N'zoth, but so far it looks like that's not the main part of this expansion, at least at launch.

The fact they surprised a lot of people should show they still have ideas we don't always predict.
    Seems to me that the first 3-6 months will be war, then Azshara raid then old god raid, and all the while there will be faction conflict weaved around it all. So we get to kill Azshara, but dont necessarily get to have zones focused around her entirely. That could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

It's a shame. A lot of people can come up with ideas for the game. They just refuse to think outside the box. Their too afraid to try anything innovative and only adapt something if it's proven successful by another game. I guess thinking outside the box just isn't their strong suite.

at first sight, zandalari is just isle of thunder 2.0 to me.
    i hope that it will be a real empire and not just a central pyramid with random vendors/npc
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic Monkey View Post
    It's a shame. A lot of people can come up with ideas for the game. They just refuse to think outside the box. Their too afraid to try anything innovative and only adapt something if it's proven successful by another game. I guess thinking outside the box just isn't their strong suite.
    MoP says hello.

What did it get them? The cretins bitching for "originality", screeched to no end about Blizzard "pulling ideas out of their ass rather than established lore!!!!11".

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has never been particularly adept at innovation. Their forte is all about adopting and polishing the ideas of others. The paradox is that their MMO has been so successful that there is nobody to copy ideas from, not in the MMO genre, at least. But I'd settle for an xpac with solid systems and good, if unoriginal, content. Here's again, fearing that it's not a WoD 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post

How dare they give people what they asked for!
    I'm not complaining.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

The new big features are:

1. Dynamic content. Game boards that change every time you play them. You cannot prepare for them in the same way as in content in prior xpacs.
    2. 20 man RTS mode.
    3. The legendary medallion system.
    4. Vanilla WoW.

The new system which has a lot of potential are communities. If I had communities on WoW TODAY, I'd be making some for moose mount runs, progression runs, achievement runs, etc. That'd be nice to have in Legion.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    This "problem" comes from a power creep.

In Legion we reached a point where we're fighting Titans (well, avatars), space-travelling and so on. However, in BfA we're going back to fighting each other and other Azerothian races.

But many see this as a downgrade, as relatively mundane stuff akin to collecting 10 bear asses in Silverpine, enough people want even more grandiose and pumped up stuff than Titans and their avatars.

Comics that are being published for a long time have the same issue.
    I actually like that it's more down to earth though. Idk about you guys but I've been a little sick of the "All Power Ender of Worlds" kinda thing in Legion. I'm sure Void Gods are gonna get placed in the story in the end, but I like this change of pace

The OP is talking about features, not story (as i see it).

He/she is right.

Out of ideas ? New zones bringing us places we never been. Adding new classes we never would think about. Taking the story towards Queen aszhara and more than likely old gods. The horde vs allience theme will just be the start of the expansion

I'm fine with the concept for the new xpac. Take things back a bit, Ally vs Horde. It's a theme that has really been put on the back burner for a while because, "This threat is too great, we must work with the other faction to save the world". Well, that's fine and dandy for an xpac but I'm ready to go back to hating each other lol. I've been really turned off by all the time travel and space nonsense so the idea of going back down to Azeroth and focusing on (and hopefully enhancing) that lore is appealing to me.

I do feel like it's missing something, but I'm fine with what they announced and they're bringing back many positive features from Legion. There's a lot that can still be done imo, Old Gods, Return of LK, etc
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    MoP says hello.

What did it get them? The cretins bitching for "originality", screeched to no end about Blizzard "pulling ideas out of their ass rather than established lore!!!!11".
    The Irony being that Pandaria is established lore, lol.

Which makes me wonder if WoD has a basis in lore?

Many people (including OP) seem to forget the biggest thing that was mentioned about the systems in BFA. Advanced AI, there it is folks, perhaps the single most important thing and the feature that could potentially change PVE gaming forever. Now i'm skeptically optimistic because it can turn out shit and this advanced AI is not that great. But if it turns out good, oh man, imagine them putting this in raids/dungeons on higher difficulties. It has the potential to actually be insane. Me and some guildies were talking about this particular subject months ago, we were discussing future AI and the huge steps it has taken in a short span of time. And the potential for actually smart boss AI in the game too.

I'm superhyped about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    The Irony being that Pandaria is established lore, lol.

Which makes me wonder if WoD has a basis in lore?
    Established?As far as i know, there was only a name, not mentioning being a city, continent, island or a world.

Au universes where a thing that began in Cataclysm Thrall traveled to a AU timeline where Blackmoore ruled Lordaeron with his Orchish Horde.

If we are gonna be techinical, WoD had more basis in Lore then MoP.But that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Many people (including OP) seem to forget the biggest thing that was mentioned about the systems in BFA. Advanced AI, there it is folks, perhaps the single most important thing and the feature that could potentially change PVE gaming forever. Now i'm skeptically optimistic because it can turn out shit and this advanced AI is not that great. But if it turns out good, oh man, imagine them putting this in raids/dungeons on higher difficulties. It has the potential to actually be insane. Me and some guildies were talking about this particular subject months ago, we were discussing future AI and the huge steps it has taken in a short span of time. And the potential for actually smart boss AI in the game too.

I'm superhyped about this.
    Im more worried about Warfronts, it has the potential to be the best thing ever...

Imagine getting resources for your base, while the AI is interrupting you or attacking your base in your's team absence and when you least expect the Ai is already with a Stronghold and wrecking your sorry ass.

Or be the worst thing and be a Broken shore thing where you just hand over resources and zerg to the enemy base.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Im more worried about Warfronts, it has the potential to be the best thing ever...

Imagine getting resources for your base, while the AI is interrupting you or attacking your base in your's team absence and when you least expect the Ai is already with a Stronghold and wrecking your sorry ass.

Or be the worst thing and be a Broken shore thing where you just hand over resources and zerg to the enemy base.
    Yea i recognise that there's a big potential for failure here. But if it's successful it can revolutionize PVE content. And that alone is a huge enough feature for me to be hyped about BFA.

Remember MoP and how the general reception from the users was on that?

Blizzard learned their lesson!

"Don't ever come up with anything original again or we'll rage quit!"
    Last edited by Bertel Wobblespring; 2017-11-06 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    MoP says hello.

That's different though that was just with the theme of the expansion not the gameplay, although they probably could've improved that a little bit too. Really it all comes down to a skill called discernment to know what would work and what wouldn't with what people are saying. I think that's what blizzard is missing, discernment.