Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think this expansion is unique and cool. It seems like it has cool story lines for both factions and a reason for us to be at war. I can't wait to find out more when I play.

I think what we're getting is fine.

Stuff like Mythic Dungeons only need refining and more additions, same with Raids, Timewalking as usual. They simply added a lot in Legion that they can take forward which is great but there's no point talking about these at a panel but these are things that are happening.

Dynamic Content and upgraded AI are the same, great things to be refined now and in the future.

I'm actually happier they are refining existing features more rather than adding a large feature that'll be gone next expansion, as I feel this will benefit the game as a whole during this expansion and in the future.

I don't care much for big features to sell an expansion, I prefer game systems to be added which can grow solidly in the game now and in the future which is what they're doing with M+, Dynamic Content, Level Scaling, World Quest system, War Fronts, Better AI, Expandable Allied Races etc.

I think their focus is spot on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another person complains about the game~
    Another person complains about the game~
    And another one down.
    And another one down.
    Another person complains about the gaaaaaaaaaaaaame~

-____________-

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Obviously not. Everyone thought we were getting Azshara and N'zoth, but so far it looks like that's not the main part of this expansion, at least at launch.

The fact they surprised a lot of people should show they still have ideas we don't always predict.
    Pretty much this.
    Also, don't jump into conclusions, I'm pretty sure they didn't spoil half the expansion and coming content.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I think what we're getting is fine.

Stuff like Mythic Dungeons only need refining and more additions, same with Raids, Timewalking as usual. They simply added a lot in Legion that they can take forward which is great but there's no point talking about these at a panel but these are things that are happening.

Dynamic Content and upgraded AI are the same, great things to be refined now and in the future.

I'm actually happier they are refining existing features more rather than adding a large feature that'll be gone next expansion, as I feel this will benefit the game as a whole during this expansion and in the future.

I don't care much for big features to sell an expansion, I prefer game systems to be added which can grow solidly in the game now and in the future which is what they're doing with M+, Dynamic Content, Level Scaling, World Quest system, War Fronts, Better AI, Expandable Allied Races etc.

I think their focus is spot on.
    Agreed with this. What i mostly do in this game is raiding and m+. I'm happy if they just keep those rolling while improving the gameplay, even if it's by little. This Islands thing also has a lot of potential. Anyway, i think it all boils down to preferences as usual. Hell, even them just realizing that they need to upgrade the AI is a win for me. It most likely means they will keep working on the AI until it's better. Imagine a boss that can "think", adapt to the raidgroup, amazing stuff.

the game hasn't been fresh and exciting for a very long time now, they gave it a good shot with world quests and m+ being added in legion, but the core problems in wow have taken it too far away from what made it so good.

fortunately classic was announced so i don't have to list all the things, i can just happily play a fun version of the shitshow that exists today. the funny thing now is all the people saying it will die out after the hype and stuff, people said that about nostalrius too and it continued getting bigger and bigger, to the point blizzard went after them. a decent chunk of people will try it and quickly realize they can't keep up when you have to actually put time into your character and farming for mats and shit, but A LOT more people will play it either very regularly or in their free time and spend a few months leveling a character up.

There wasn't a really big hook to the expac content wise. I like the idea of warfronts and the plunder scenarios but there wasn't a really big thing this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertel Wobblespring View Post
    Remember MoP and how the general reception from the users was on that?

Blizzard learned their lesson!

"Don't ever come up with anything original again or we'll rage quit!"
    Original? What did they come up with that was original in Mists of Pandaria? The only thing that could be remotely considered original were all the fantastic changes they made to Warlocks. Which they promptly removed with the following expansions because they have a fetishistic hatred toward the class.

Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    the game hasn't been fresh and exciting for a very long time now, they gave it a good shot with world quests and m+ being added in legion, but the core problems in wow have taken it too far away from what made it so good.

fortunately classic was announced so i don't have to list all the things, i can just happily play a fun version of the shitshow that exists today. the funny thing now is all the people saying it will die out after the hype and stuff, people said that about nostalrius too and it continued getting bigger and bigger, to the point blizzard went after them. a decent chunk of people will try it and quickly realize they can't keep up when you have to actually put time into your character and farming for mats and shit, but A LOT more people will play it either very regularly or in their free time and spend a few months leveling a character up.
    Blizzard is making a classic version because Kungen forced them too. It's the only logical reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Im more worried about Warfronts, it has the potential to be the best thing ever...

Imagine getting resources for your base, while the AI is interrupting you or attacking your base in your's team absence and when you least expect the Ai is already with a Stronghold and wrecking your sorry ass.

Or be the worst thing and be a Broken shore thing where you just hand over resources and zerg to the enemy base.
    Warfronts fall neatly in the category of things that I'm far too cynical to ever believe that it'll work as advertised. There are several serious issues that exist with content of this type that seriously hamper any chance of it being good. First and foremost, as large scale 20 player content it begs the question of who it is intended to be for, established and cooperative teams or PUGs. If you tune it for coordinated groups it is then stuck in a crowded niche, between raiding and rated battlegrounds, if you tune it for pick up groups it can't offer any real challenge or it'll be underpopulated. To make matters worse it's an idea that either allows you to make meaningful choices so trolls will have great power or no meaningful choices and then it's self defeating.

I mean it all sounds like a pipe dream, large scale RTS style combat and strategy in an action oriented game seems outright impossible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    The Irony being that Pandaria is established lore, lol.

Which makes me wonder if WoD has a basis in lore?
    Pandaria really wasn't established, apart from being the name of a fabled island that was home to the pandaren, which up until that point were so elusive that Chen Stormstout was the only one anyone had ever meaningfully interacted with. They created that continent, its races, and its history from the ground up. It's frankly the biggest worldbuilding addition to the Warcraft setting since the introductions of Kalimdor and Northrend in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne.

With Warlords of Draenor, they had Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal, Warcraft 3, and The Burning Crusade to draw on. It was certainly an opportunity to explore some of the ecologies and cultures that had previously only been hinted at, as well as a chance to selectively retcon some outdated lore, but it was for the most part grounded in established lore.

To ramble on a bit more...

Legion was also fairly well-grounded in known lore. The Broken Isles appeared in both Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3, though they were not heavily explored. With Legion, Blizzard greatly expanded the scope of the Broken Isles in order to introduce more unique biomes to the region; in previous games it essentially consisted of Azsuna, Suramar, the Eye of Azshara, and the Broken Shore, and these were little more than simple night elf ruins populated by naga and demons, and only Suramar was explicitly named. They also retconned the idea that Gul'dan had raised the entire continent from the ocean floor by explaining that he had only raised the Broken Shore. They did invent a lot of new lore for the content beyond the Broken Shore and the Tomb of Sargeras, and there was also very little established about the look and history of Argus as well.

With Battle for Azeroth, Kul Tiras has also obviously been around since Warcraft 2, and Zandalar was introduced to the lore in WoW Patch 1.7. The Kul Tirans and the Zandalari trolls have played pretty major roles in the history of Azeroth since they were introduced, but honestly neither region was ever explored in much detail; Kul Tiras mainly existed as a few rough maps and some brief descriptions in instruction manuals, and almost nothing was known of Zandalar until Chronicle Vol. 1 gave us our first real descriptions of the continent.

Point is, this is definitely another opportunity to explore cultures and regions that we've never actually seen first hand. They have a lot of freedom to introduce new biomes with new creatures. If you watch the art panel they did yesterday, I think you'll find that they're actually a ton of completely new stuff going on with the two continents. Kul Tiran architecture in particular looks super unique, especially when compared to the traditional look of Stormwind, and Zuldazar is something we've never seen in the game: a massive, opulent, thriving troll city.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-11-06 at 03:11 AM.

Its a video game. Content usually is "bad guy here. bad guy to strong to kill now. get stronger by killing bad guy friends. go kill bad guy once strong enough."

Then you just slide in names and places that change. Put in a few different side games. Edit the existing side games up a bit. Repeat on next release. Really that is all there is to it.

im fine with the pve content having a pvp slant to it. by all means pull people out of their comfort Zone.

my problem is class design....i havent enjoyed it since lich king

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Original? What did they come up with that was original in Mists of Pandaria?
    See above.

imagine in their shoes:

wtf do u add to the game now that u added 'diablofication'?

literally nothing takes time in this game besides DPS/heal checks which is just ilvls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Its a video game. Content usually is "bad guy here. bad guy to strong to kill now. get stronger by killing bad guy friends. go kill bad guy once strong enough."

Then you just slide in names and places that change. Put in a few different side games. Edit the existing side games up a bit. Repeat on next release. Really that is all there is to it.
    From a very basic gameplay system perspective that's true, but it's a gross oversimplification of the work that goes into worldbuilding and art design.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Kathranis

Would Zuldazar be something like a Troll version of Suramar?

Deleted
    I still don't understand how people defend this expansion after WoD. I mean, we get Ashran + Garrison mixed into one in next expansion and that's the main theme ... Seriously ... Warfront and the whole "Faction War" is like WoD without Draenor, but just Ashran and Garrisons.

I think it brings back some classic feelings for WoW, and for me personally, it's nice to have a break from the world ending fiascoes.

Stay positive cuties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    another "Alliance vs Horde" expansion, yes they ran out of ideas.
    Oh yeah "Old gods" would have been SOOO unique amirite.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.