Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Probably prepatch for BC
    Nope, that was treeform.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Probably prepatch for BC
    Moonkin was in vanilla, it was why I went Balance on my druid. Not cuz I thought it was a good spec or anything, but purely because "OMG a new shapeshift want want want"

pop into IF/Org on the big p. server and you'll see a few raid geared moonkins. the community nowadays is much more open/understanding of how specs work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahadem View Post
    No, you should not be able to play a ret paladin and not be ridiculed. People have been asking for the true vanilla xp and i think it should entail all its faults and graces and not be some sort of a hybrid.
    Simply give us Beta Paladin and everything is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    It's just a joke.. dont be so serious.
    You haven't been very active concerning vanilla discussion if you try to claim all the anti-vanilla stuff as a joke or then you have trouble understanding people. Sure that particular person could've been joking but I didn't mean just him with that comment. Not sure if your trolling me or not since you seem to have alot of serious crying posts and then you come out with a post like that
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2017-11-05 at 11:55 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they should. Everyone who think an opposite have no concept of conscious or reality. Vanilla never was great BECAUSE of shitty druid, paladin, shaman, priest specs. There is literally no reasons and valid arguments to keep them unplayable in 2018 WoW Classic. GTFO with your Radeon and Celeron old fart BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistface View Post
    You haven't been very active concerning vanilla discussion if you try to claim all the anti-vanilla stuff as a joke or then you have trouble understanding people. Sure that particular person could've been joking but I didn't mean just him with that comment. Not sure if your trolling me or not since you seem to have alot of serious crying posts and then you come out with a post like that
    You quoted me... so yes I know I was joking(it's hard to read sarcasm, most of my posts are since people take everything here way too serious). I couldn't care one way or the other what happens to the classic server.

I'm just finding it a bit funny people have been wanting a authentic vanilla experience but now ask for all kinds of stuff that wasn't included. But yes, it should be generally bug free.

Deleted
    Probably prepatch for BC
    No no, during the actual time, i raid ZG when it came out and i saw boomkins doing it, and they where good, in fact, i remember an article of the time, i think on reddit or something, about how useful were Boomkins and Shadow Priest in Zul'Gurub in people know how to use them.

As I wrote above, one Shadow Priest for shadow weaving was mandatory in almost all tiers if you had more than 2 warlocks, however dps checks were basically non-existent (yes Vael, Rag 2nd submerge etc..., but they're laughable compared to today's enrage timers), and we were always so short on healers that any heal capable class was pressured into healing. Pure classes and warriors were better at dealing damage, warriors were only raid capable tanks (druid had to wear sunken temple gear to be uncritable and feral attack power was added only in AQ, prot paladin tree was horrible and they had no taunt), so unless you were sleeping with GM you bent over and played something useful to raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Well then, humor me? Or perhaps you think that because I'm assuming different hypotheses in different paragraphs means I have no idea. Well, no, it's called analysing all the possibilities.
    More code monkeys does not result in a better game or more content. It's not analysing possibilities. It's not knowing what developing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Of course they should. Everyone who think an opposite have no concept of conscious or reality. Vanilla never was great BECAUSE of shitty druid, paladin, shaman, priest specs. There is literally no reasons and valid arguments to keep them unplayable in 2018 WoW Classic. GTFO with your Radeon and Celeron old fart BS.
    What, exactly would you change?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    If you want retail, go play retail. Nobody compels you to play vanilla.
    No of course not. I will certainly play retail. But I also want to try vanilla content at appropriate level and as close to original experience as you can get. But I also want to play my favorite spec while doing so without being any hindrance to my fellow guildmates.

If they won't make all specs viable, and after trying it out I won't find it fun to play classic I will just forget about it and move on. But I would really prefer if they tweaked those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Boomys are playable nowl because whe know how to play it better that back in the day, so now u can play a boomy.
    So you say that I could be if not competitive than at least useful raid dps? Without going oom(with mana pots ofc)

There is not much spell power leather items, but something drops.
    AFAIK it doesn't matter if I wear cloth or leather no?

Deleted
    Not really, sure u can get cloth too, but mages and locks have preference before you so u are going to get more leather spell power.

And yes, if you are not going to be a top competitive freak like people from Method or Nihilum or that, yes, u can be a boomy, a shadow priest, a cat or a elemental shaman without many problems, for sure. If u know how to use the class and the mana, u can do it no problem, garantee you 100% that.

And yes, if you are not going to be a top competitive freak like people from Method or Nihilum or that, yes, u can be a boomy, a shadow priest, a cat or a elemental shaman without many problems, for sure. If u know how to use the class and the mana, u can do it no problem, garantee you 100% that.
    Can confirm. On a private server I was playing on for quite a while we had a shadow priest for the casters, a ret pally with Nightfall equipped, a feral druid with that sweet crit aura for the melees and a moonkin in our raids. Just one of each but they all were able to carry their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If someone wants the vanilla experience, have it as it was warts and all.
    Anything else ceases to be that.

Then they won't be recreating Vanilla.
    You add in some sauce and end up with Raspberry Ripple.
    Distinctly different.

Look at what they did with Starcraft, which shows how to bring a classic back, by not changing how you play it.
    Yeah, but everyone agrees that Starcraft 1's gameplay was fun and balanced. Even among its enthusiasts the same cannot always be said for vanilla.

Having most specs be actually useful might get me to give vanilla a bash, but I doubt it's going to happen.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-11-06 at 03:56 PM.

If I was Blizzard and read this thread I would cancel the whole Classic WoW. Some people aren't happy with anything.

Deleted
    That's not fair, because people who want this a long time ago we want the classic experience as they was back in the day, it's the current pop who is saying all the changes, etc etc...

I don't think they will and I don't think they should. People wanted vanilla wow, then vanilla wow it shall be. I think a lot of people will be shocked at how different the game was back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    More code monkeys does not result in a better game or more content. It's not analysing possibilities. It's not knowing what developing is.
    Really? Because I'm pretty sure that developing new game systems is first and foremost a coding issue. There is a number of code subsystems that could use overhaul or additions.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, but everyone agrees that Starcraft 1's gameplay was fun and balanced. Even among its enthusiasts the same cannot always be said for vanilla.

Having most specs be actually useful might get me to give vanilla a bash, but I doubt it's going to happen.
    The difference is people asking for the vanilla experience.
    Bug and exploit fixing is one thing, class balancing will fundamentally change the experience of huge portions of the content.
    And that ceases to be the vanilla experience held up as something special.
    Someone either wants the vanilla experience as faithful as possible, or class balancing which is something else entirely.
    They are not the same.

And that needs made clear to people.
    Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
    And as we have seen very often, what someone asks for isn't always what they want when they get it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-06 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.