Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Do you even know what Warfronts are? Or are you just talking out your ass.

Warfronts are timed instanced content with 20 players where we build forces, buildings, and an army to capture a point and destroy the enemy base and kill the captain. Garrisons were a mission table we were trapped in all the time.

There is no Ashran this time, a new BG, with a new open world system.

The problem with Warlords of Dreanor was the lack of content and lack of post launch support and content relevancy. Battle For Azeroth has more content on launch than WoD did in it's lifetime.

Seriously, basic shit.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't even know the story reasons for it yet.
    Sure, sure, keep telling yourself that, mate!

Warfronts are Garrisons and their Invasions, simple as.

And what I meant with Ashran, is because everything is just Horde/Alliance, which is very very very lame after seeing it for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    We are getting azshara on t2 =)
    I know, and knew when I made that post. Disappointed they told us, honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=530759" target="_blank">Kathranis</a>

Would Zuldazar be something like a Troll version of Suramar?
    Maybe? From what was shown in the panels, it looks like the capital cities in Zuldazar and Tiragarde Sound are both influenced by the design of Suramar City, though it's hard to tell just how big they actually are from the videos they showed.

They did discuss Suramar a bit in the art panel and how it influenced the design of the new expansion, specifically doing a lot of work with NPC models and animations so it looks like the cities and settlements are filled with NPCs that are actually living and working instead of just standing or sitting or sleeping in place, which is often the case with NPCs in the game. So they have all sorts of workers doing different tasks, guards of different sizes and shapes, bandits leaning against walls flipping their knives, and so forth and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    How is this bad? If they're listening to the community, shouldn't that be...good?
    I mean, did I say it was bad?
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post

Not at all how they described it.

They explained them as instanced 20-player PVE raids that essentially have RTS elements and scripted events built in, which will take about as long to complete as a dungeon run, maybe a bit longer.

And what I meant with Ashran, is because everything is just Horde/Alliance, which is very very very lame after seeing it for decades.
    Did you do those garrison invasions as 20 people over 20-30 minutes? Did you build stuff during those? I mean, it's completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Obviously not. Everyone thought we were getting Azshara and N'zoth, but so far it looks like that's not the main part of this expansion, at least at launch.

The fact they surprised a lot of people should show they still have ideas we don't always predict.
    Azshara is confirmed to be a raid boss in Battle for Azeroth

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    and the whole reason for Mists of Pandaria is because Kung Fu Panda was popular
    Thanks for so clearly broadcasting that nothing you say is worth taking seriously.

That's got to be one of the most completely idiotic explanations behind them developing that expansion that anyone has ever proposed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Are Blizzard devs out of ideas for new WoW content?

That is the question. If we want to talk about art and world building than we can start another one. But since snowflake needs more of how it is... here we go..

"New bad guy. Same skeleton re-skinned. Recolor. Add one animation. Recycle abilities and change colors and circle to square." - Alright got all the mobs rapped up.

"Big city. Maybe one for all. Maybe one for each faction. Make zones. One mountain zone. One forest zone. One desert zone. Since we want flying to matter later pack as much shit as possible so its rancid on the ground for first week until everyone is epic'ed out and one shooting shit." - World wrapped up.

Now just get the art time to drawing up some skins to past over existing structures.

Oh and no shit I am keeping it basic. It would be pretty fucking ignorant and stupid to assume anyone here understands the whole big picture.
    And what exactly do you propose they do? Turn WoW into a 3D platformer, or a character action game, or a side-scrolling brawler, or a dating simulator?

I mean, an MMORPG is an MMORPG is an MMORPG. It's customized player characters in multiplayer zones killing monsters and doing quests and looting gear and running dungeons.

They add new systems every time. Some are progression systems, some are gameplay systems. Last time they added world quests and artifacts. The time before that they added garrisons and followers. The time before that they added pet battles and scenarios and a farm. This time they're adding procedural generation, advanced AI, RTS-inspired raids, and allied races. Obviously that's just a small sampling, every expansion has a few different new systems and reworked systems and scrapped systems.

And maybe next time they'll add a 64 player battle royale mode, or naval combat, or randomized alien aductions, or a new barber profession with player hair that grows in real time and needs to be regularly groomed for bonus charisma stats.

Whatever the fuck systems they add, it's still going to be an MMORPG. It's still going to be grinding and questing and raiding.

Like, seriously, what even is your argument? New content in an MMORPG is new abilities, new equipment to obtain, new locations to explore, new enemies to fight, new stories to experience. Does Battle for Azeroth have all those things? Yes. So what's the problem? If you want to play WoW, it's more WoW. If you don't want to play WoW, then you should play a different game instead of expecting Blizzard to turn it into something it isn't.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-11-06 at 04:41 AM.

I mean if you want to keep being wrong and not doing any research and stuck in your own incorrect mindset, fine.

I will keep knowing what I am talking about.

I personally think universe threats over and over again is lame, and a break to focus on the faction war feels good, especially considering the build up in Legion
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty much like they don't want to abandon wow because $$$, but they also want to make warcraft 4, so they're just making WC4 as a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think universe threats over and over again is lame, and a break to focus on the faction war feels good, especially considering the build up in Legion
    I feel the same way. For better or worse, the lore and storyline are why I played wow hardcore for so long, and recently started again casually. Some of my 1.0-3.0 guildies that haven't played since like '08-'09 are interested in playing again, because the faction conflict taking a focus for the first time in over a decade is appealing to many older fans of the RTS series.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Maybe you should apply for a job and work at Blizzard. Bet you've got loads of fresh and original ideas for them to use for years to come!

Also, do you think this sort of post is new? Cry babies are running out of things to cry about too.
    ^^^^ this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think we needed this though; we needed a step down after beating the Legion and this fits that role perfectly. it goes back to the driving force behind WoW - Alliance v Horde
    Its always been Alliance Vs. Horde, its is and old and boring idea. Not saying i won't be playing but im not very excited about this xpac and i agree with this poster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Maybe you should apply for a job and work at Blizzard. Bet you've got loads of fresh and original ideas for them to use for years to come!

Also, do you think this sort of post is new? Cry babies are running out of things to cry about too.
    Actually he brought a point of view not crying but you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Constantly whining also terribly reeks like lack of new ideas.
    Go back to picking on people in LFR

I think we needed this though; we needed a step down after beating the Legion and this fits that role perfectly. it goes back to the driving force behind WoW - Alliance v Horde
    I've been saying this since I saw the cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by zoenova View Post
    Go back to picking on people in LFR
    I don't do LFR. I have two counterproposals for you:

1) stop your pathetic whining, you child!
    2) Pull my Finger

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, how is Alliance v Horde the driving force behind WoW? It's always been a side-show in WoW, although obviously not in the earlier RTS games, due to their premise.

In no expansion whatsoever besides MoP has Alliance v Horde been the driving force behind WoW. It has always been about saving the world from some disaster or tyrant, i.e Nefarian and later Kel'Thuzad in Vanilla, Illidan and Kil'Jaeden in TBC, Arthas in WotLK, Deathwing in Cata, the Iron Horde in WoD and the Legion currently.

Only MoP really used Alliance v Horde as the driving force - both races wanted to take it for themselves, and not cede any power or land or the like to the other faction.

For myself, I'm more disappointed in the new expansion reveal because it seems so petty to me, and so uninspiring. We've just helped defend Azeroth together from the greatest threat ever. We as class leaders have worked together constantly for years, both Horde and Alliance. And then suddenly we decide to go at each other's throats because reasons.

The scenario content they announced does not sound interesting to me. RNG on top of RNG is not something I'm looking forward to either. Another set of AP to grind too.

Kinda sad that the things I'm looking forward to most about the entire announcement are almost unrelated to anything to do with the new expansion: the removal of the Legendary system, the revamp of the leveling system, and the announcement of future Classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    What changed content in TBC?
    What changed content in Cataclysm?
    What changed content in Warlords of Draenor?

So Garrisons is "something new"...
    ...what does that make Warfronts and Uncharted Isles?

I already wrote that in some post before, i will just copy paste it

BC- flying, way more builded daily quest system with proper rewards, rated PvP arenas, shamans and paladins avaible for both factions, achievements
    WOTLK - LFD, 10/25man raid system, inscription, new class, hierlooms
    Cata - reforging, archeology, guild leveling
    Pandaria - pet battles, fucking farms!, new class, talents rework, scenarios, challenge modes
    WoD - Garrisons, cant think of anything else
    Legion - well we all know, artefacts, world quests, m+ etc

Warfronts and Uncharted Isles i also wrote about that before, one is new kind of invasion point and second is that scenario, nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    this expansion brings us:
    (spoiler i have nothing good to say about wow so all you fanboys can just ignore this post.)
    void i mean cancer elves. (thanks for ruining alleria for this blizzard.) i have much nastier words for them but i would probably get permabanned.
    effective removal of flight from azeroth through the pathfinder achievement.
    confirmation of the shitty status quo from legion basically affirming they refuse to learn anything from their mistakes and are arrogant airheads.(again i have much nastier words about them).
    confirmation of their laziness to update silvermoon city/exodar.
    turning wow into big pvp fest theme wise with raids as sort of side content as in not the main focus.
    putting kultiras in the wrong area on the map.
    murdering alleria's character.
    a expansion that feels much like filler.
    FORCING LEVEL SCALING. don't even begin to pretend it won't be forced. IT WILL. DENY IT ALL YOU WANT.
    oh did i mention effectively removing flying from azeroth?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you want to keep being wrong and not doing any research and stuck in your own incorrect mindset, fine.

I will keep knowing what I am talking about.

It's fairly obvious he's trolling. I don't think any sane person would logically compare Garrisons and their invasions to Warfronts, they have quite close to nothing in common.

No. Ideas are not the hard part. Ideas are easy to come by. Almost anyone, if they sit down and think for a little while, can come up with some decent ideas. The challenge is in the execution of those ideas, and knowing which ideas to choose.