Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    USA needs gun control ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I said *delusion of a right.... please read what I said before being 'upfront'.

Now - whilst people like you that value 'freedoms' over human life continue to accept that this sort of event is OK, then this sort of event will continue to happen.

Which is fine - that is your country's choice ... however if you are accepting things the way they are, then there really shouldn't be any need to whinge about it.
    so just because people think owning a gun is ok that means we think mass shootings are ok

well by that logic since you support prisons you think concentration camps are ok

noone is arguing shootings are ok but to say "hey criminals wont get illegal guns if we make every gun illegal" is retarded

- - - Updated - - -

Sure thing ... if that makes you sleep better at night, you believe what ever you want

FUN FACT: LAW doesn't PREVENT criminals - it merely DEFINES them.

It makes them less acceptable, it makes distinguishing a criminal from an innocent easier.
    what is your solution??

nothing prevents a criminal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA needs gun control ASAP.
    we have it
    the gun used is illegal and not sold within the US but can be obtained illegally

Well it's a side effect of the Americans desire to carry guns, it's a tragedy but in the end it's their choice, and while it seems weird, I've come to the conclusion that beeing sad about random people getting shot is pointless, they're obviously ok with a shooting every week, as long as they can own a gun. It's abit like weed beeing legal in cafe's in Holland produces the side effect of people beeing more fun and happy. Obviously Holland is the smarter country in this comparison.

ok after a bit more reading....this thread is filled with idealist psychopaths

you all have fun

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - and ?

The US is ok with shooting kids, so this stuff is no longer news.
    Pretty much, it happens so often you go ah huh yeah ok that was terrible and then move on because you know that nothing will change..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    we have it
    the gun used is illegal and not sold within the US but can be obtained illegally
    The gun used being illegal doesn't really matter. It could have been a legal gun as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

what is your solution??
    Similar thing to what Australia did pretty much.

1. Standard and uniform laws on guns across ALL states
    2. Registration of gun owners, and guns - including reason to own (e.g. sport, hunting, farmer, hobby etc)
    3. Once these are in place, an amnesty where you can either SELL your guns to the government or REGISTER the guns with the government.
    4. Wait a decade or so to see a shift in community expectations of guns.

Things the US would need to do differently:
    1. Probably take a couple of years to negotiate the standard laws across all states
    2. A wider range of reasons to own than Australia
    3. Registration with say the NRA rather than the government, and NRA then becomes responsible and liable.

I can however say there is one solution that hasn't worked yet ... "thoughts and prayers".

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The gun used being illegal doesn't really matter. It could have been a legal gun as well.
    ok for the sake of argument lets say it was a legal gun
    no legal gun could have produced that result

you want to say "americans are ok with the shootings and ok with guns"
    to that i say yes i am ok with people being able to own guns but people shooting eachother is not ok and i can say that because there is a line between the 2 and that is called the law. The outrage screaming "gun control is the solution" is retarded no matter if you outlaw every gun every knife every single item that can be used as a weapon the point remains criminals will find a way and they ALWAYS find a way. They are criminals they are garbage they do not care. The only solution is death and until those feigning outrage or superiority come up with a better solution then i must only believe they either realize this or want anarchy.

- - - Updated - - -

Similar thing to what Australia did pretty much.

1. Standard and uniform laws on guns across ALL states
    2. Registration of gun owners, and guns - including reason to own (e.g. sport, hunting, farmer, hobby etc)
    3. Once these are in place, an amnesty where you can either SELL your guns to the government or REGISTER the guns with the government.
    4. Wait a decade or so to see a shift in community expectations of guns.

Things the US would need to do differently:
    1. Probably take a couple of years to negotiate the standard laws across all states
    2. A wider range of reasons to own than Australia
    3. Registration with say the NRA rather than the government, and NRA then becomes responsible and liable.

I can however say there is one solution that hasn't worked yet ... "thoughts and prayers".
    you just said it though "the law doesnt stop criminals"

how many mass shootings have been done using legal firearms in the US this year??

We have a lot of guns here in Israel, i myself own a handgun (license took a lot of tests and limited to 50 cartridges) and yet there are no mass shootings similar to those in the US, guns are part of military service or line of work and not part of a gun culture.

There are a lot of law abiding citizens in the US that own various guns and treat them with respect and it's understandable why they go all defensive when people want them punished because some wacko grabbed a gun and decided to murder innocents, but something has to be done and some middle ground acceptable by everyone (Pro and Anti gun camps) has to be agreed upon.

you just said it though "the law doesnt stop criminals"
    Indeed - it defines them. That's EXACTLY how this change works.

Let me try a really silly analogy.

We make wearing pink clothes illegal, $500 on the spot fine for wearing pink clothes.
    Does this stop criminals wearing pink clothes ? Absolutely not.
    Does it make it extremely hard for criminals to wear pink clothes ? Absolutely YES!!!

Again - the law about pink clothes doesn't stop pink clothes, it merely defines it as a law to make identifying a criminal easier.

In gun terms - we make it so that wondering the streets with a gun becomes a pretty obvious sign you are a criminal - EVERYWHERE in the US consistently.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    so what are we calling this. mental health issue? terrorist? nazi dude? religion? up bringing? or are we finally going to break out of the labeling rut and start getting into the details.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    so what are we calling this. mental health issue? terrorist? nazi dude? religion? up bringing? or are we finally going to break out of the labeling rut and start getting into the details.
    Probably most if not all of the above.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

so with current population US has about 10.3 firearm deaths per 100,000 ppl
    australia has .6 per 100,000 ppl
    australia has less than 30m ppl
    US has 323m

so in spite of the huge difference in gun control laws its pretty damn interesting that statistically the death rate is pretty close

- - - Updated - - -

We make wearing pink clothes illegal, $500 on the spot fine for wearing pink clothes.
    Does it make it extremely hard for criminals to wear pink clothes ? Absolutely YES!!!

Again - the law about pink clothes doesn't stop pink clothes, it merely defines it as a law to make identifying a criminal easier.

In gun terms - we make it so that wondering the streets with a gun becomes a pretty obvious sign you are a criminal - EVERYWHERE in the US consistently.
    we have that
    wandering around with an automatic weapon is illegal
    EVERYWHERE IN THE US that is the case
    name one state where you can buy an automatic weapon purchase the ammo or wander the street with it

the law doesnt stop criminals now but it defines them now and it has defined them and thats been the case for years

what you suggest using the term guns is more like saying pink shirts with a swastika are bad we need to make laws saying pink shirts are illegal therefore everyone wearing pink shirts will be lumped together much like how this thread lumps those who support guns support shootings

this isnt even an argument this is a back and forth saying "yeah this is illegal laws make it illegal"

if your argument is ignorance is allowing this to happen then i agree laws wont change that though because we have things like "fully semi-automatic" being used as a phrase
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2017-11-06 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably most if not all of the above.
    hopefully not. we have had enough of the, oh brown guy terrorist, white school kid shooter and black dude robber. bad people come from every corner and every section. every village has its crazies. the intelligent and the peaceful should band together to better corner and finish off these fools rather than mindless finger pointing, and generalizations.

we have that
    No. But it is pointless trying to change people - the current approach of accepting mass killings is the easy way out.

So are you saying that because your problem is bigger, you shouldn't try the same tools others have found working?

That's like saying "nah diet and exercise don't work for me, because I'm 20 kilos fatter than you were at some point".

Righto...
    It's not simple as using finland's tools to solve a problem. The US has a lot of regional variation. Besides minnesota alone is equivalent to finland in population and has an identical homicide rate. Everyone wants to change the rules of how we obtain guns rather than the real issue of copycat men who are deciding to commit suicide by killing a bunch of people in a public space. The copycat men are what need to be addressed and figuring out a way to interrupt this sick cycle that keeps occurring.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-11-06 at 08:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    so with current population US has about 10.3 firearm deaths per 100,000 ppl
    australia has .6 per 100,000 ppl
    australia has less than 30m ppl
    US has 323m

so in spite of the huge difference in gun control laws its pretty damn interesting that statistically the death rate is pretty close
    Did you just call a factor of 17 "pretty close"? You know, that is 1700%.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What if people start wearing pink clothes in protest of such an outrageous attempt at reducing their freedoms? Criminals all of them?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What if people start wearing pink clothes in protest of such an outrageous attempt at reducing their freedoms? Criminals all of them?
    Then the law enforcement has job to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm sorry - but there is no constitutional protection over pink clothing. SO - obviously it isn't reducing freedoms now