Thread: Azshara Raid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Azshara Raid

Azshara will be part of the 2nd raid in BFA, but if we kill her we won't get to see Nazjatar, and it would feel like they were wasting one of WoW's last big lore villains. Though, they did say that we would be "facing off" against her. That term could translate into different things.

It could be like her fight in the Well of Eternity dungeon, where you don't actually fight her and instead fight her servants while she attacks from behind a shield. Maybe it will be something like the Kil'jaeden fight in BC where we do fight him but he gets away.

Thoughts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannus View Post
    Azshara will be part of the 2nd raid in BFA, but if we kill her we won't get to see Nazjatar, and it would feel like they were wasting one of WoW's last big lore villains. Though, they did say that we would be "facing off" against her. That term could translate into different things.

It could be like her fight in the Well of Eternity dungeon, where you don't actually fight her and instead fight her servants while she attacks from behind a shield. Maybe it will be something like the Kil'jaeden fight in BC where we do fight him but he gets away.

Thoughts?
    Who says we wont visit Nazjatar in preps for Azshara? Sounds silly to just meet up with her without having to fight down the malestorm against her army
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    Who says we wont visit Nazjatar in preps for Azshara? Sounds silly to just meet up with her without having to fight down the malestorm against her army
    They said the raid would in be Kul Tiras.

Deleted
    That's just so sexist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannus View Post
    They said the raid would in be Kul Tiras.
    Source? Because i did not see anything stating this
    #TeamSylvanas

Highly doubt were going to fight Azshara herself and kill her. Too big of a character to kill off immediately in a raid that, I would assume have only some development behind it - not an entire expansion revolving around her and the old gods.

They only said that Queen Azshara is a ''future raid boss in Battle for Azeroth'', they didn't say which raid specific or where it will be

10+ Year Old Account
    Source? Because i did not see anything stating this
    The what's next panel I believe. Might've been the Gameplay and systems

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    They only said that Queen Azshara is a ''future raid boss in Battle for Azeroth'', they didn't say which raid specific or where it will be
    They said 2nd raid lol thats when they showed the pic of her
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Highly doubt were going to fight Azshara herself and kill her. Too big of a character to kill off immediately in a raid that, I would assume have only some development behind it - not an entire expansion revolving around her and the old gods.
    Azshara is already confirmed to be an upcoming raid boss of this expansion, Xavius was also a huge character with potential of having his own expansion yet he died in the first raid of an expansion that was focused on Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Azshara is already confirmed to be an upcoming raid boss of this expansion, Xavius was also a huge character with potential of having his own expansion yet he died in the first raid of an expansion that was focused on Sargeras
    I still don't think they'll throw her away like that. She has tie ins with the old gods which most likely will fall in line with the void lore as well. I'd be very disappointed if we do kill her, and get nothing else out of it.

One can only hope for a Nazjatar quest hub in 7.2.

Deleted
    My guess:
    they dont want to make an underwater expansion. So they will only make an underwater patch! We will get nazjatar patch as Argus. We are going underwater for a bit, and there we got our Azshara raid. Im not sure if she will die during the encounter, maybe not. Doesnt matter, she will set the story for our next void themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I still don't think they'll throw her away like that. She has tie ins with the old gods which most likely will fall in line with the void lore as well. I'd be very disappointed if we do kill her, and get nothing else out of it.
    Its already been confirmed ...

Also who is to say it won't be tied to old gods? I mean there isn't any clear indicators where this expansion will go after the first tier. Yogg Saron could very well be the final boss of this expansion where he is trying to capitalize on the chaos that is currently happening, also that could be why he sent Queen Aszhara to Kul'Tiras (or why we have to go to her).
    Last edited by Raone; 2017-11-06 at 08:35 AM.

Btw cause op didn't post proofs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdTS_8Y61Q

20 mins in

if she aint last or last but one il be pissed

https://youtu.be/gtRovkYG4is?t=2h51m12s

Ian's exact words were "Before all set and done in Battle fro Azeroth we will be facing off queen Azshara". She can be the first tier as well as the last boss of the expansion.

Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post

20 mins in
    Yeah, Ian says Azshara will be the next raid after the troll raid.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-11-06 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Ian's exact words were "Before all set and done in Battle fro Azeroth we will be facing off queen Azshara". She can be the first tier as well as the last boss of the expansion.
    In the video posted above, he specifically says "the hint was, the next raid after that we're gonna be grappling with queen Azshara".

I hope they don't kill her in a second tier raid, because I can't see this expansion having a better final boss than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post

20 mins in
    Thank you for this. Without this I would have been arguing her more T23 or T24, not T22.

I'm honestly surprised we're facing her so soon into the expansion, makes me worry about how much of a build up we'll have for it. Hopefully we'll have a Nighthold type event to build up to it and make her feel nice and powerful as she should.

Xal'atath whispers: "At times it seems the Naga beg for scraps from the Legion's table. But the queen they serve wants far more than that."

She is one of the last major lore villains and currently the most powerful servant of the Old Gods on Azeroth. I just don't see her kicking the bucket so quickly, especially before N'Zoth is freed.