View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    Or you know, once every 2 years assuming you use your own personal computer at your own residence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For some people price might be an issue. But apart from that - no reason at all not to have it.
    Well, the app is free, so there's no extra cost if you have a smartphone.

7+ Year Old Account
    It boggles the mind that people are actually anti-FREE account security. Like... what?

yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    dude... did you get your brain last when they handed it out?
    You have to "loot at your phone" maybe once every 3 months or so. I mean... yeah man it is really annoying... Where is your phone really when you are gaming. It would most def. not be in your pocket or next to your keyboard..
    Meanwhile... the only use is...to protect your gaming experience

Totally pointless app

Well obviously you have no clue what you're talking about. Keep being an idiot though, sure it'll work out for you.

yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in
    um. no you dont.

learn to configure your settings.

it's not that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an authenticator already, one of the physical ones, not the app on my phone. I've been using one for years.

2FA ought to be mandatory, I think bribing people with bag space is a great idea to help people help themselves.

I highly suggest you help yourself and enable 2FA for not only your WoW account, but any other online service you use that supports it. It would be incredibly unfortunate to ever have your account compromised just because you missed out on that "authentication fuckeroo"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No not really. I play from two different locations, and everytime I login I had to refresh the code. It was highly annoying, and so I disabled it a few years ago. Casually asking around in our guild it seems nobody is using it.

But it clearly shows that account theft and the effort for Blizzard fixing those is still a big thing.
    This is the reason for me too why only use sms protect and not the Authenticator.
    Why the Hell need to ask all the time, when using 2 or 3 location regularly?

Ask the code the first time, then learnt it, is it that hard to implement?

So instead of just increasing the bag normally by buying it with gold or something,
    Blizz decides to fuck us over with this unnecessary authenticator fuckeroo.

Will you install that app just for the sake of this bullshit which should have been just put into the game like all other features before it?
    F you over? You mean prevent you from Fing yourself over? Honestly they're just tired of having to do restores for people who can't secure their shit. GM won't allow guild bank access to anyone without one.

Does you computer have anti-virus software?
    Did someone force you to have it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    You do it once and then it remembers from where you are logging in and you don't have to do it anymore. Only if you try to log in from a different place.

For some people price might be an issue. But apart from that - no reason at all not to have it.
    The authenticator app for android and iOS is free...

No i won´t install it for increased bag size, i installed it becouse, its free increased security for my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Or you know, once every 2 years assuming you use your own personal computer at your own residence.
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Who doesn't already have an authenticator?

I'm seriously asking those without one - why they don't have one? Do you also not get vaccines? Exact same principle.
    Well, vaccines are actually important...

its called remembering,

man calm down.

once you log in with the new app, it can remember a device, presto no looking at your phone every log in,

educate yourself before getting aggro at others who offered a valid response.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The only issue i ever had with authenticators is that i tend to change phones like once a year due to heavy work related usage.

Price? It is FREE!!!
    Back in TBC when it first came out... then yes it was like 2.5 euro/dollars...(probably due to shipping) So then I could... no wait... no I would not understand.

You don't seem to actually know how it works- You only have to use it once until you log in from a different IP if you're launching Warcraft from the Battle.net app. I haven't used my authenticator in MONTHS.

It's also free.

There's no reason not to have one to increase the security of your account. The bag slots are just a bonus.

Nah fuck that. Have to type in a password from my phone every time I log in???