View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For some people price might be an issue. But apart from that - no reason at all not to have it.
    it doesnt cost anything if you have an iphone or a android, the app is free to download, it only costs if you buy a PHYSICAL one.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    There is an option on how often you need to put in a new code. I for example only have to do it like once every few months.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pannekaker View Post
    Well, the app is free, so there's no extra cost if you have a smartphone.
    Indeed - having a smart phone of course is a cost not everyone can afford.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the authenticator since many years. There is (was) that corehound-pet included in the price. There were no Smartphone-apps at the time.

And you don't have to look at the thing often. Maybe if you log in on some other PC/Laptop then usual. But normally it is a month or more, until you have to 'renew' the authentication on your account. Or, if you download some apps (Hearthstone) and log in there.

Deleted
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    Your time is so precious you can't look at your phone to tap Approve every few months/years? Do you also rage hard when loading into Dalaran? Do you just flip your desk every time you go there? How many computers have you destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You don't seem to actually know how it works- You only have to use it once until you log in from a different IP if you're launching Warcraft from the Battle.net app. I haven't used my authenticator in MONTHS.

It's also free.

There's no reason not to have one to increase the security of your account. The bag slots are just a bonus.
    Ok so if I have dynamic IP will it constantly ask the code or not?

Deleted
    So instead of just increasing the bag normally by buying it with gold or something,
    Blizz decides to fuck us over with this unnecessary authenticator fuckeroo.

Will you install that app just for the sake of this bullshit which should have been just put into the game like all other features before it?

Offer mounts and pets, comsetics.I don't care.
    But bag space??
    That is out of the question.
    Sorry what? They dont benefit in any way from you using an authenticator beside having less issues with people sending emails about being hacked.
    This is about protecting their customers and the bag size increase is just a carrot for getting the thing downloaded.
    You don't even have to type in the code every time upon login, only if you switch location afaik?

Your poll options leave out what would probably be the most common answer: "I already use an authenticator."

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    you can go into your account settings and set it to not ask everytime you log in, once logged in it will remember the computer you used, and allow that computer if it has your password to log in without needing the authenticator.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Your time is so precious you can't look at your phone to tap Approve every few months/years? Do you also rage hard when loading into Dalaran? Do you just flip your desk every time you go there? How many computers have you destroyed?
    At least 10 and counting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Nah fuck that. Have to type in a password from my phone every time I log in???
    Or you can just tap Approve when it pops up.

If people have an old android tablet it can also run the app more than likely which is what i do at least
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Who doesn't already have an authenticator?

I'm seriously asking those without one - why they don't have one? Do you also not get vaccines? Exact same principle.
    Well, I care more about my health than I care about my account safety so there's that.

But on topic, never really thought about it, I was hacked once and gained gold because of that which blizz never took away even though they restored all my lost items. I don't care enough I guess, I have many accounts so in the very unlikely event that I wouldn't be able to get my main account back I could just switch to a new one. I'm not exactly attached to my characters.

If you don't have it already, maybe you're technologically challenged.
    Blizzard is taking a role of educator here with this carrot and stick approach.

Adopt it, adopt 2FA for everything you do online that can be remotely sensitive. Mail accounts, social networks, taxes and gov services... even this damn BNet account, where you have invested who knows how many thousands of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not 100% sure this works but you could probably set up a virtual smartphone using android emulation on your PC and then run the app from there?
    before changing your phone u can remove your authenticator then re-add it on the new phone, or you can start up your new phone and open old phones authenticator and copy its serial code into the new phones app and it will work like the old ones with your account.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Nah fuck that. Have to type in a password from my phone every time I log in???
    No. Only if you log in from a strange computer.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Admittedly, not having a smartphone or being able to pay shipping only on the cost of a physical authenticatior is probably a non-issue for 99% of the people who pay to have internet, pay to have a monthly subscription, or pay to purchase a new Warcraft expansion. If you're really that tight and don't have a smartphone, budget an extra $5 into saving for the cost of BfA, and you're good. You have like 12 months to save up.

Deleted
    At least 10 and counting
    That's you issue then. If you don't buy a new computer every time you go to Dalaran it won't ask for your approval every time you log in.

For some people price might be an issue. But apart from that - no reason at all not to have it.
    These people pay monthly subscriptions and don't buy authenticator for "money issues"? Bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Probably because there is no good reason not to have it.
    Inconvenience to use for one. Not having a smartphone and blizzard not shipping from blizzstore to your country for two. Inconvenience to work with winauth on USB, because you have like 4 different PCs where you play wow from for three. Account sharing for four.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.