View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    That isn't how it works, you have to do it once per device.

So many people have some deep seeded hate about something they don't understand. How can ignorance and arrogance ever exist in the same place?
    It's still safer than my bank card, which has a 4 digit PIN and is waaaaay more important than a game. There's always a risk, and even if i'd decide some day that it is important to me, which it isn't, i can still restore it via ID card. It has very little to do with ignorance, i know the risk.

And here I thought Authenticators had already been mandatory; but then again, Ive had it since Cataclysm

We have already spent more time discussing authenticators in this thread than I have had to spend using mine since I got it. And that was back in Wrath of the Lich King, if I remember right.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No i won't. Don't want to enter an additional code every time i log in.
    LOL.. Please do your homework; you get prompted for code, maximum once per 30 days, as long as your IP doesn't change...

static/semi-static IP is the only option nowadays.. Vant remember when I last heard of anyone with dynamic IP, unless they used dial-up connection (which haven't existed in my country the last 5-7 years)...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-11-06 at 10:33 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I answered no. Because I already have the authenticator on my phone (and before that I had the physical device).

While I get your objections, they are fickle and silly. Not having an authenticator is risky for both you and the rest of the WoW community. It's a bit like having sex without a condom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If it ran out and they had to remove it and you told them why they would've mailed you a new one. We had one from when they first came out and used it on two different accounts (before they made it 1 per account) and the battery died. Contacted support to ask them to remove it because the battery died and they said they would send a new one immediately since they didn't want our account to be without one.
    They didn't offer me that option, if they did I would've taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    So instead of just increasing the bag normally by buying it with gold or something,
    Blizz decides to fuck us over with this unnecessary authenticator fuckeroo.

Will you install that app just for the sake of this bullshit which should have been just put into the game like all other features before it?

Offer mounts and pets, comsetics.I don't care.
    But bag space??
    That is out of the question.
    already instaled it. and yes just for bag space.

and yes i think its ultra dickish move from blizz.

Already has one since they add it to the game, those days were many accounts stolen/hacked and get in trouble and time to bring it back and may lose some stuff, specially when ya aren't living in Eu or Us.

and yes its dumb move from blizzard for the bag.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

10+ Year Old Account
    No, who doesn't have a dynamic IP?
    Roughly everyone..

Static/Semi-static IP have been the norm for 15+ years..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    LOL.. Please do your homework; you get prompted for code, maximum once per 30 days, as long as your IP doesn't change...

And as far as I know, static/semi-static IP is the only option nowadays..
    Nobody has a static IP around here, unless you have an expensive business connection.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's still safer than my bank card, which has a 4 digit PIN and is waaaaay more important than a game. There's always a risk, and even if i'd decide some day that it is important to me, which it isn't, i can still restore it via ID card. It has very little to do with ignorance, i know the risk.
    I'm saying ignorance because you think you have to use the auth code each time you log in ... which you don't have to do, therefore objective undeniable ignorance.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    Not sure where you get that from. You can disable that the authenticator will challenge every login from the same device in your account management. It'll still challenge new devices but this will make it so you don't have to do exactly what you are describing.

I've had the authenticator app from day 1 and I can't remember ever thinking "this is a nuisance". I can count the amount of times I actually had to physically enter the code on one hand. The app has push notifications where you simply tap "Approve" and you're done. It literally takes less than 2 seconds. No "constantly looking at your damn phone" involved.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - where is the link on the Blizzard site to download said emulators ?

Don't make assumptions about everyone just because your sample size of one fits the equation.
    Where is the link on the EU blizzard site for the authenticator?

No idea why anyone wouldn't have the authenticator anyway. It's literally free and requires 0 effort. Doing this seems like a great idea, gives everyone a real reason to use an authenticator so Blizzard won't have to waste employee time/money fixing stolen accounts because of ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Roughly everyone..

Static/Semi-static IP have been the norm for 15+ years..
    You sure about this? Pretty sure most are dynamic by default.

yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    Constantly? I don't think you know how it works.

You log in ONCE to the Bnet client which covers ALL the games.

Heck, if it times out...after a day of the comp being asleep, then you just click the "reconnect" button. NO need for the authenticator.

You don't need it when you switch toons.

You don't need it when you switch realms.

I use it MAX once a day.

The word you're looking for is "convenient".

Wow, so much needless salt from the OP. Grab some blood pressure pills or something.

You forgot to add a third option to that poll: " I already have one."

I have a keyfob authenticator from years ago when I was able to visit blizzcon once, and it still works. I get asked for a code once every like 5 months? 6 months? Something ridiculously long. I get account security, and a cute corehound pup, and now I get more bag space. Totally worth being asked for the code once in a blue moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure about this? Pretty sure most are dynamic by default.
    Might be different based on US/Non-US

I'm saying ignorance because you think you have to use the auth code each time you log in ... which you don't have to do, therefore objective undeniable ignorance.
    Whatever floats your boat mate, if that makes you sleep at night.

Still won't get an authenticator just for 3 more bag slots.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - where is the link on the Blizzard site to download said emulators ?

Don't make assumptions about everyone just because your sample size of one fits the equation.
    Where is the link on blizzards site to buy monitors for your computer? Where is the link on blizzards site for DBM? Where is the link on blizzards site to buy smartphones? How is that a valid argument?