Yeah, animation retargeting could fairly easily give us playable allied races ogre, but I think ogres are one of those races that deserves to be a full on new race.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    Red Shirt Guy said the same, actually:

Kicked out of Silvermoon. Exiled from Silvermoon.
    Interesting. Someone else had a quote they said was from him that contradicted that - said they turned to Void when the other BElfs turned to Fel, and that they weren't "kicked out" but just suffering/pathetic.

Still doesn't explain why your boy warneverchanges got the deal about the CG completely wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Jesse Cox's interview with Ion is actually pretty cool. Ion seems like a pretty cool dude.
    Thanks for this Marla. Makes me like Ion even more, especially compared to some others on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Since the ogres from WoD were playable quality, that's a stupid argument.
    I want Ogres, but just because the Ogres from WoD looked good, does that mean they are of playable quality? They seems like a race players would want added outside of the Allied Race system.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Since the ogres from WoD were playable quality, that's a stupid argument.
    NEEDS FEMALE as that other thread said, and they didn't seem to have interchangeable faces/features/hair or the like. So no, not playable quality. Nowhere near it. Just HD.

Ogres are pretty much top of my "want" list for new races, but let's not be claiming things that are just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    She’s the final boss of the first tier raid, that’s all we know, everything else is fair speculation and probable guesses.
    Wrong.

They said we will see her. nothing about her being the final boss of the first raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Oh my god they were right, this thread IS dying! Don't let it happen people!
    Not much to discuss. Unless you want to hear my tinfoil hat cave theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I always love your cave stories, I'm sure @Zoibert the Bear loves them too! Go ahead Hitei.

Deleted
    I really don't think we will get Allied races in 7.3.5
    The leaker might have gotten info that was already partially outdated. Because I really feel that Ion would have mentioned it on stage when he was talking about them. He'd be in their little powerpoint presentation and go.

- Coming in 7.3.5!!

With a cheering crowd.
    Maybe that was the plan initially internally but they decides that these needed more work before we'd get them playable.

Wouldn't mind ot though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I really don't think we will get Allied races in 7.3.5
    The leaker might have gotten info that was already partially outdated. Because I really feel that Ion would have mentioned it on stage when he was talking about them. He'd be in their little powerpoint presentation and go.

- Coming in 7.3.5!!

With a cheering crowd.
    Maybe that was the plan initially internally but they decides that these needed more work before we'd get them playable.

Wouldn't mind ot though!
    Maybe they didn't announce it in case something goes wrong and they can't get them out for 7.3.5. Better be careful, the community on this game gets angry very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I want Ogres, but just because the Ogres from WoD looked good, does that mean they are of playable quality? They seems like a race players would want added outside of the Allied Race system.
    They fleshed out their lore, added new skins, and gave them mounts. At this point, a female model is the only thing that's missing, and furthermore, since we're in the 13th year of WoW being live, it's rather asinine that they're the only RTS race that's still not in the game.

Maybe they didn't announce it in case something goes wrong and they can't get them out for 7.3.5. Better be careful, the community on this game gets angry very quickly.
    Yeah, they sadly have years of experience with that. I do, however, hope that we'll get them before B4A launches, possibly as a pre-order bonus similar to DHs.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Yeah, nothing is saying the Allied races would come before the expansion.

Hell, the questlines to unlock them might even be max level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Hell, the questlines to unlock them might even be max level stuff.
    Indeed, not sure I remember any actual words about this, but I recall that my initial impression was "maxlevel quests". At least for the Zandalari it would make sense, we first have to befriend them, then we can recruit them as Allies.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Coming back to the topic before:

Honestly, the type of allied races I can see happening are either stuff like Mag'har (skin options) or stuff like Yaungol, Taunka, Jinyu, Broken, Mogu, Tuskarr and Furbolg (on a Pandaren rig)

Stuff like Ethereals, Ogres and Naga (rip the dream), I think, remain a full race thing.

Seeing they still share a lot of animations with their parent races I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to push it until after 7.3.5 to make them a little more unique. They did mention they plan on adding dances, flirts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Indeed, not sure I remember any actual words about this, but I recall that my initial impression was "maxlevel quests". At least for the Zandalari it would make sense, we first have to befriend them, then we can recruit them as Allies.
    Though there could be small chance to have some them on preorder unlock like the DH. The allied races page lists Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne and Void Elves with their own, separate entries. Zandalari and Dark Iron are clumped together on the bottom with description that specifically says that we'll recruit them in Zandalar and Kul Tiras.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Though there could be small chance to have some them on preorder unlock like the DH. The allied races page lists Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne and Void Elves with their own, separate entries. Zandalari and Dark Iron are clumped together on the bottom with description that specifically says that we'll recruit them in Zandalar and Kul Tiras.
    Yeah, it's interesting that they separated them in that way. Blizzard did say all the races had "introductory quests", but those could be level 110 quests for the Legion races. Or they might be 112. The best explanation for them doing Cata content and so on would be Chromie sending them back in time with a disguise or something.

I don't think there's much chance they'll unlock in 7.3.5 though. 8.0 pre-patch maybe.

Only the Dark Irons and Zandalari have been mentioned when they've been talking about what happens as you quest through the new continents and so on, which suggests that they are harder to recruit, and perhaps only become available at or near 120.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I always love your cave stories, I'm sure @Zoibert the Bear loves them too! Go ahead Hitei.
    Pls explain.

I am extremely interested in caves. Not in speleological terms per say, but due to a rather odd interest of mine that is closely related to urination and BEARS.

Thx in adnvance and may salmen be in ur tables.