View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Already using authenticator ever since Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    But that's not the solution Blizzard implemented, so fuck off with your pointless spam and rage. You're wasting my precious time.
    you know nobody forces you to be here reading this. go play in the traffic instead kid

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Already using authenticator ever since Wotlk.
    same, but for me it was in cata

Everyone uses Battle.net desktop app, you're asked to provide authenticator only once when you log in the actual app. Then you just launch games from their app, and never get asked for authenticator code. Too much whining for nothing, I can't remember last time I've been asked for my auth code.
    "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Inconvenience to use for one. Not having a smartphone and blizzard not shipping from blizzstore to your country for two. Inconvenience to work with winauth on USB, because you have like 4 different PCs where you play wow from for three. Account sharing for four.
    None of those are good reasons at all. 1. It's not ian inconvenience to look at your phone once a few months. 2. Okay that reason applys to a very low percentage of people. Majority safety wins here. 3. Read 2 again.

You act like they are baring certain content or portion of accessibility with it. They are literally giving you a improvement of bag space. That's like .01232% of the game thatll be inaccessible for you.

You're now idiot 2.

Who's next with stupid reasons to not have an authenticator?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    Your time is to precious to enter a code for ... what 10 seconds?

You are on this forum for 1 year and have over 1100 posts posted. Maybe post 1 less bitch post and instead enter the code to protect your account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    you know nobody forces you to be here reading this. go play in the traffic instead kid
    Don't you have somewhere else to be, with your incredibly precious time?
    Also, enjoy your ban

Deleted
    1. It is free
    2. You lose 3 sec for the 2step
    3. It is free

Really, their game their rule, if you don't want to use it, don't use it.

Close this mongoloid thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had an authenticator since Wrath of the Lich King so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    This is funny. You don't have time to typ in a code or swipe on an app for a few seconds every few weeks, but you have PLENTY of time to rant about it. How precious can it be?
    You are my new hero! Marry me

Deleted
    It's plain propaganda and advertisement, so my answer is no.

Btw, I use a WP 8.1 smartphone... but even if I had android or iphone, I would never ever install any applications relating to my WoW account. We have enough security and privacy issues already, since we all walk around with a microphone and camera with internet/satellite access in our pockets.

I used it since Cataclysm and have the physical one. You hardly need to implement a code every time you log in these days because it remembers your authenticator code and IP (if you have 'remember account' enabled at least). I need to use it only a few times a year so it really isn't as much as a bother as it was back in Cataclysm.

Another upside: it keeps your account safe for F-ing free.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Don't you have somewhere else to be, with your incredibly precious time?
    Also, enjoy your ban
    I won't get banned, but if you keep trolling, you will for sure. also, just fuck off already.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-11-06 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeme View Post
    i want to dl the authenticator but im affraid what happens if i break my phone, is there a way to remove it ?
    Yes, when you install the authenticator on your phone, inside the app there is a code you can write down. Just put it on a piece of paper and also save a text file on your computer with it. When you change phone, you just type that code into the new authenticator and voila. You can now use your new phone as authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Anyone not using an authenticator already is massively reducing their account security.

Most bank don't even have an authenticator requirement for just login in, only transactions.

A normal 2-way authentication process, which only requires a code when if detects a login from another location is more then enough.

It's not like there's anything of real value in a game account, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    It's plain propaganda and advertisement, so my answer is no.

Btw, I use a WP 8.1 smartphone... but even if I had android or iphone, I would never ever install any applications relating to my WoW account. We have enough security and privacy issues already, since we all walk around with a microphone and camera with internet/satellite access in our pockets.
    Lol. Thought I heard it all. What the hell more could a blizzard app do, that your phone already does with security and privacy issues. Please tell me what's blizzards hidden agenda for requiring you to install an app to increase the security on your account. Enlighten me please.

Yeah, it's advertisement. Welcome to the world of capitalism and free market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Most bank don't even have an authenticator requirement for just login in, only transactions.

A normal 2-way authentication process, which only requires a code when if detects a login from another location is more then enough.

If everyone properly secured their account, there'd be a lot less time wasted by Customer Services restoring accounts, and a lot less gold and botted accounts going into the hands of goldsellers.

Adding an incentive to encourage proper account security is a good idea. If people still want to opt out, that's their choice.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    4 billion IP adresses aren't enough by far. We use some makeshift tunnelling techniques to keep IPv4 alive until everyone and their grandmas have updated their software to v6. We started this process years ago, because it was getting close a decade ago. And it will take probably more than a decade to finish.

And to say that v6 "isn't needed" shows how little you understand. The VAST MAJORITY of IPs (for private connections, a webhost will have a static one, which use up most of the net) are dynamic, and most ISPs charge extra if you need a static one.
    People said, in the early 90s that IPv4 was dead... Now, 25 years later, it's still alive and well..

IPv6 will eventually take over, but not until ISPs actually starts supporting it..
    They don't support it, because the need isn't big enough yet..

I can switch to IPv6 the instance my ISP opens up for it.. It have nothing to do with the software. Even Win95 supported it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Who doesn't already have an authenticator?

I'm seriously asking those without one - why they don't have one? Do you also not get vaccines? Exact same principle.
    I don't. I also don't behave like an idiot while online and have never been "hacked" since I started laying in early 2005. To be honest, every single case of account "hacking" I have ever heart of has been involving a player practically begging to be taken advantage of.

Prime example is the myriad of old guildies who got "hacked" by giving away their logins to various ingame service providers of shady repute.

Having said that, if it is free and it gives me more bag space and there is not too much inconvenience involved..why not.

..and OP, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

Yes you described a certain level of security. The 2 way authentication . BUT higher security's require authenticators, because it's...well more secure. Blizz skipped a level yes, but by no means is it really hindering anyone. The issue isnt being able to log into the account. It's literally to open some bag space.