Allied races release

I haven't read anything on que matter so does anybody know if we'll be able to play them on a pre expansion patch or will we have to wait for the expansion release. I really want to main a zandalari troll but it would be a bummer to have to start at level 20 on the same day the new continents are available.

Thats how new races always work. You could either level from the start(this case 20) or race change.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahk View Post
    I haven't read anything on que matter so does anybody know if we'll be able to play them on a pre expansion patch or will we have to wait for the expansion release. I really want to main a zandalari troll but it would be a bummer to have to start at level 20 on the same day the new continents are available.
    You won't be able to do that, so don't worry!

You have to do some/all of the campaign on Zandalar to "recruit" the Zandalari trolls as a playable race. So you'd actually be starting, at best, a day or three after the new continents are available.

Allegedly four of the subraces will be made playable with Antorus' release, or whenever 7.3.5 is, with Zandalari and Dark Iron being the odd ones out.

The only proof we have is a leak, but it was a leak that predicted the features of BfA with 100% accuracy otherwise, so I'm looking at it with cautious belief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Allegedly four of the subraces will be made playable with Antorus' release, or whenever 7.3.5 is, with Zandalari and Dark Iron being the odd ones out.

The only proof we have is a leak, but it was a leak that predicted the features of BfA with 100% accuracy otherwise, so I'm looking at it with cautious belief.
    Got a link to said leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Issyle View Post
    Got a link to said leak?
    I'll hunt for it, it's somewhere in the gigantic flood of memes and speculation that is the 8.0 discussion thread, so no promises

5+ Year Old Account
    I can't find it 'cause it's somewhere in the 8.0 megathread with 2500+ pages. But the user who leaked is warneverchanges

On October 26th he told us Sylvie uses a shard of Sargeras's sword to torch Darnassus, and Anduin responds with the destruction of Undercity. Later, he told us we'd get some of the allied races with 7.3.5 and the level scaling mods.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

Yeah but they got other stuff wrong - he predicted that the CG trailer would feature Jaina prominently, for example, so I think he's probably just been getting the odd bit of information from a secondary source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I can't find it 'cause it's somewhere in the 8.0 megathread with 2500+ pages. But the user who leaked is warneverchanges

On October 26th he told us Sylvie uses a shard of Sargeras's sword to torch Darnassus, and Anduin responds with the destruction of Undercity. Later, he told us we'd get some of the allied races with 7.3.5 and the level scaling mods.
    And that the CG trailer would prominently feature Jaina. Which it didn't.

5+ Year Old Account
    The odd bit of information from a secondary source is more than the rest of us have!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah but they got other stuff wrong - he predicted that the CG trailer would feature Jaina prominently, for example, so I think he's probably just been getting the odd bit of information from a secondary source.

- - - Updated - - -

The feature trailer features JAINA. She narrates it even. He probably meant this trailer not the "cinematic".

10+ Year Old Account
    So 4 races will be up on the 28th ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Is what the leak said, nothing confirmed yet. Have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The announcement trailer for Battle for Azeroth accurately featured Jaina, she's the voice for the entire thing then appears at the end in all her glory.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    The announcement trailer for Battle for Azeroth accurately featured Jaina, she's the voice for the entire thing then appears at the end in all her glory.
    That's not the opening CG though is it? He didn't use that term by accident.

What he said was:

Quote Originally Posted by warneverchanges View Post
    No idea what Jaina teaser you guys were talking about. But she's gonna show up in the opening CG, doing the same thing she's done back in wrath with Varian and Thrall.
    The opening CG. That's a very clear term.

That is NOT the same as the trailer. The trailer is entirely different from the opening CG. Further, he gets her role wrong, saying she's doing the same thing she's done back in Wrath in the CG, which is to say, acting as a bridge between the Alliance and the Horde. That is not the case. Not only is she not in the CG, even in the trailer, she's not acting as a bridge between the Alliance and the Horde.

If you want to ignore him getting this wrong, please do. Just don't lie and say he's got everything right and frankly I think it's a bad idea to assume there's no "Chinese telephone" factor in his leaks. I don't think he actually KNEW which specific races were coming about from Void Elves and Nightborne, because otherwise why was he vague, referring to three races people "kinda expect"? Because he wasn't sure of his facts - because his buddy or whoever only told him about Void Elves and Nightborne.

And his buddy misinformed him about Jaina.

No allied races are coming with 7.3.5. Anyone expecting that is asking for disappointment. The earliest we can hope to get them is in the 8.0 pre-expansion patch, and even that may be unlikely if they are all unlocked in level 111+ quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Antorus <> 7.3.5

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    No allied races are coming with 7.3.5. Anyone expecting that is asking for disappointment. The earliest we can hope to get them is in the 8.0 pre-expansion patch, and even that may be unlikely if they are all unlocked in level 111+ quests.
    On the Blizzard WoW website, it tells you all kinds of things about the different races, but only for the Zandalari and Dark Iron does it explicitly state you have to do quests in Zandalar and Kul'tiras, respectively, to unlock those races.

The Velves, LFDran, Nightborn, and HMT are probably all going to be unlockable before the expansion drops.

Hopefully significantly before, since they'll require some leveling from 20 to 110 to participate in the new content.

And since we know 7.3.5 is going to have the leveling update, it stands to reason that it -could- have the four races listed above as well. PROBABLY released as part of the Pre-Order bonus.

And I'm sitting here with my credit card waiting for the Pre-Order announcement...

You have to do a quest to unlock them in battle so they won't be out till Battle is. They said this numerous times.