The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    United are pure shite... I miss the days where Old Trafford was feared and United was always mentioned as one of the top teams. How the tides have turned... Liverpool have a shite defense but at least they can attack and can be entertaining.
    Utd are pretty much undefeated at old Trafford. The match was at stamford bridge which is an away match. Like how liverpool lost 4-1 away to spurs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    If you're going to take jabs at people, make sure you win the games against them.
    Otherwise you just look silly.
    We all know how shit talking kills careers in sports and doesnt hype the event up *cough* conor mcgregor *cough*

15+ Year Old Account
    United are pure shite... I miss the days where Old Trafford was feared and United was always mentioned as one of the top teams. How the tides have turned... Liverpool have a shite defense but at least they can attack and can be entertaining.

Salah and Sane are the most entertaining players this season from what I've seen.
    Sadly good things come to an end, I'm pretty sure all United fans agree we miss the time when United was feared and one of the top teams. SAF is irreplaceable, pity he retired but it had to end at some point.

I'm not going to blame it on injuries, because with the available players they have United should be doing much better than they are. Sure they had a good start to the season but it was against easier teams. Today Morata showed Lukaku how you're meant to be a Nr. 9.

Edit: Then again Chelsea dominated the midfield so Lukaku didn't really see much of the ball. Meh idk...
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-11-05 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Lukaku needs service, no service no goals.

United still suffer from being uninspiring and running out of ideas against better teams.
    If they can't give him service, they shouldn't play him. Otherwise it's 10v11, and it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Sadly good things come to an end, I'm pretty sure all United fans agree we miss the time when United was feared and one of the top teams. SAF is irreplaceable, pity he retired but it had to end at some point.

I'm not going to blame it on injuries, because with the available players they have United should be doing much better than they are. Sure they had a good start to the season but it was against easier teams. Today Morata showed Lukaku how you're meant to be a Nr. 9.

Edit: Then again Chelsea dominated the midfield so Lukaku didn't really see much of the ball. Meh idk...
    Lukaku didn't even have a touch in the Chelsea penalty area. We couldn't keep the ball, and made no effort to get it when we didn't have it. We were just straight up really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Salah and Sane are the most entertaining players this season from what I've seen.
    OT is feared, we've not conceded a goal from open play in 12 months. We just can't play away right now, which is weird because last couple of seasons it's been the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Billic gone and no one is surprised I'm sure.

Personally I think the good start was papering over the cracks of last season. If you look at the results, not only are they against weak teams, but the goals were coming very late. Now of course you play 90 minutes so it's hard to see this as a fault, but these were basically 1-0 games at 80 mins and became flattering results due to opponents tiring or stretching for equaliser.

Last year these results ended 1-1 and cost us a lot of points. The turning point was the Southampton game, here you could see it all perfectly, 1-0 and this time it didn't become a 4, it really should have been 1-1 (actually saints should have won that game).

Since then we drew to a poor liverpool (mainly thanks to dave), lost to huddersfield, scraped past spurs, lost to chelsea.

It's mad to start getting on the managers back when we are 2nd and almost through the CL, but this isn't a blip, the start of the season was the blip, this is a continuation of last year and LVG's reign before that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Personally I think the good start was papering over the cracks of last season. If you look at the results, not only are they against weak teams, but the goals were coming very late. Now of course you play 90 minutes so it's hard to see this as a fault, but these were basically 1-0 games at 80 mins and became flattering results due to opponents tiring or stretching for equaliser.

Last year these results ended 1-1 and cost us a lot of points. The turning point was the Southampton game, here you could see it all perfectly, 1-0 and this time it didn't become a 4, it really should have been 1-1 (actually saints should have won that game).

Since then we drew to a poor liverpool (mainly thanks to dave), lost to huddersfield, scraped past spurs, lost to chelsea.

It's mad to start getting on the managers back when we are 2nd and almost through the CL, but this isn't a blip, the start of the season was the blip, this is a continuation of last year and LVG's reign before that.
    Good summary. My question is then, what's it going to take to change things you think?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Billic gone and no one is surprised I'm sure.
    There are two West Ham fans in my office and they're absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of Moyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has scored against United at OT from open play since December 31st last year.

United havent lost at Old Trafford in all competitions since September 10th, 2016, it's Mourinho's one and only loss at home since he took over at United.

How the hell is it not a fortress? You need to go back 14 months to find someone who won there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    There are two West Ham fans in my office and they're absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of Moyes.
    As they should be, sure he had a decent go of it before at Everton but he's been a disaster since.

15+ Year Old Account
    So this is Belgium's new kit for the WC...

Wasn't that keen at first but now I kinda like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the color but the design is nice. Argentina strip is quite fashionable. I'd link it but I'm on my phone

- - - Updated - - -

there we are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Utd are pretty much undefeated at old Trafford. The match was at stamford bridge which is an away match. Like how liverpool lost 4-1 away to spurs
    They haven't really been challenged yet though, an abysmal Tottenham doesn't count. Even so, it's so ridiculously boring it's like Moyes is managing them again and they've gone back to being a defensive team rather than "United".

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the color but the design is nice. Argentina strip is quite fashionable. I'd link it but I'm on my phone
    Yeah it seems too orange... which is a weird colour for a Belgian kit. It looks more red on the official store site but still, it's like an orangey red...

Argentina kit looks good.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/SkySports/v...5885655828762/

Thoughts?

Tbh I agree with both of them, but I think Neville makes a better point. Lukaku is seemingly similar to Berbatov in some ways, he's good when he gets the ball and has the service, but is quite lazy when not getting it. As a big man up front I think he has to do more and win the challenges and get stuck in whilst holding the ball up and waiting for support. I know Pogba isn't there at the moment so the midfield seems to be struggling, but still, can't just say oop that's it Pogba's out it's time to lose. He's a United CF now, yes it's a very big role to fill but he's getting paid well for it and has to adapt.

7+ Year Old Account
    They haven't really been challenged yet though, an abysmal Tottenham doesn't count. Even so, it's so ridiculously boring it's like Moyes is managing them again and they've gone back to being a defensive team rather than "United".
    Tottenham doesnt count? Ok.

Jurgen Klopp plays fast attacking football with liverpool, remind me what he has won again?

And fans get upset at not winning the league so its not a matter of just playing pretty football. You actually need to win too if you wanna stay in the job longer than a week

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/SkySports/v...5885655828762/

Thoughts?

Tbh I agree with both of them, but I think Neville makes a better point. Lukaku is seemingly similar to Berbatov in some ways, he's good when he gets the ball and has the service, but is quite lazy when not getting it. As a big man up front I think he has to do more and win the challenges and get stuck in whilst holding the ball up and waiting for support. I know Pogba isn't there at the moment so the midfield seems to be struggling, but still, can't just say oop that's it Pogba's out it's time to lose. He's a United CF now, yes it's a very big role to fill but he's getting paid well for it and has to adapt.
    I definitely agree that United can't purely rely on only Pogba to get the ball to Lukaku, and he does seem rather lazy when not getting it. It showed in the Chelsea match, Chelsea dominated the midfield and Lukaku was pretty much a ghost.

Edit: Lukaku is kinda the same in the national team.

That being said he's 24 and still got time to develop (and improve hopefully :P)
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-11-06 at 06:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I definitely agree that United can't purely rely on only Pogba to get the ball to Lukaku, and he does seem rather lazy when not getting it. It showed in the Chelsea match, Chelsea dominated the midfield and Lukaku was pretty much a ghost.
    Waiting in the danger areas like a striker should is not lazy.

I'd prefer him be in and around the box rather than running out to the wings and dropping back into midfield. Hes not gonna score there either. Zlatan did that all last season and it was incredibly frustrating when we would finally get into the final third and theres no one there to receive the ball, AND he lacked pace to catch up. Lukaku drags defenders all over the place because of his size and speed it demands attention constantly which should open up space for mkhi/lingard etc to exploit but thats not happening because our midfield apart from matic is playing gash atm. Missing perisic in the market is starting to show why Jose wanted him so much. We have no good crossers atm on the wings

Michael Emenalo Sacked or resigned. Big news at chelsea, probably good news for conte keeping his job too
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-11-06 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    United haven't been playing well lately thats true, but they haven't lost a game at home for about 14 months or so. Are you really saying they haven't been challenged in that time? I wouldn't say Old Trafford has become a fortress again, but the home statistics is very nice.

Also some fans and experts really need to stop comparing todays United with the United 10 years ago. Something like that hardly ever happens and especially not 2 "generations" in a row.

But one can hope that this 2 week break now will do United some good and Pogba will be back after hopefully and then soon Ibra too. But we've hoped before.....

Deleted
    Tottenham didn't lose a Premier league game at home last season and still finished second.

Just saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Waiting in the danger areas like a striker should is not lazy.

I'd prefer him be in and around the box rather than running out to the wings and dropping back into midfield. Hes not gonna score there either. Zlatan did that all last season and it was incredibly frustrating when we would finally get into the final third and theres no one there to receive the ball, AND he lacked pace to catch up. Lukaku drags defenders all over the place because of his size and speed it demands attention constantly which should open up space for mkhi/lingard etc to exploit but thats not happening because our midfield apart from matic is playing gash atm. Missing perisic in the market is starting to show why Jose wanted him so much. We have no good crossers atm on the wings

Michael Emenalo Sacked or resigned. Big news at chelsea, probably good news for conte keeping his job too
    Fair point. Midfield has been pretty awful. Not sure what's happened to Mkhitaryan but he's playing especially awful at the moment.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-11-06 at 06:49 PM.