Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Hey guys, did nobody notice Nobbel called the features of Legion back before WoD even launched?
    Everyone speculated about pretty much anything though. Don't know Nobbel's predictions, but mostly it was Void/Old Gods and/or South Seas, plus "subraces". So, close, but no cigar.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Toggle on PvP and you are still on PvP server.
    Meh when logging on to a PVP only server I've got the PVP only mindset and I take some comfort that everyone else on the PVP server is like-minded and here for a PVP server experience only and not a PVE server, the PVE server players are elsewhere and that's ok, they can have their PVE server that's fine. Now even that is going and it's going to be mixed players everywhere and I will know that somewhere elsewhere on the same server in a different shard other players did not come here for a PVP server, a pleasure as simple as that, even so tiny a concept which I used to enjoy will be going. It will be like hanging out in an arena with players who won't be fighting, a bit weird.

"Times change" - Garrosh

My personal guess is they will remain phased from one another. I believe in now there are some quest areas where even in a party you are phased from one another. It also makes sense as it’s just a toggle so why not have that restriction? Better than live where it’s essentially random which type of server you wind up on when joining a party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Meh when logging on to a PVP only server I've got the PVP only mindset and I take some comfort that everyone else on the PVP server is like-minded and here for a PVP server experience only and not a PVE server, the PVE server players are elsewhere and that's ok, they can have their PVE server that's fine. Now even that is going and it's going to be mixed players everywhere and I will know that somewhere elsewhere on the same server in a different shard other players did not come here for a PVP server, a pleasure as simple as that, even so tiny a concept which I used to enjoy will be going. It will be like hanging out in an arena with players who won't be fighting, a bit weird.

"Times change" - Garrosh
    That’s though a pretty erroneous assumption that everyone on a pvp server wants to wpvp. Blizzard mentioned this on their announcement and just look at how many raiding guilds are on pvp servers and some servers where the imbalance is so bad you clearly can’t wpvp. (Or couldn’t before CRZ)

- - - Updated - - -

6 of the top 7 NA raiding realms are technically PvP servers. Those people by and large are NOT there for PvP.

"Times change" - Garrosh
    That's a pretty strange assumption from you to begin with. I've played on PvP servers since Vanilla and never once had any interest in PvP. It's just that some of the best servers for raiding guilds are also on PvP ones. There's plenty of PvE-only guilds on PvP servers.

"Times change" - Garrosh
    If you opt in for PvP you will only be sharded with other players that have PvP enabled. It's essentially still a PvP Server, you won't see PvE players, just with a toggle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    My personal guess is they will remain phased from one another. I believe in now there are some quest areas where even in a party you are phased from one another. It also makes sense as it’s just a toggle so why not have that restriction? Better than live where it’s essentially random which type of server you wind up on when joining a party.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s though a pretty erroneous assumption that everyone on a pvp server wants to wpvp. Blizzard mentioned this on their announcement and just look at how many raiding guilds are on pvp servers and some servers where the imbalance is so bad you clearly can’t wpvp. (Or couldn’t before CRZ)
    There is nothing stopping an entire guild transferring to a PVE server if they don't want to PVP outside a capital that badly. I personally blame RDF, instead of braving the PVP in the wider WoW, they stayed in the capitals and queued in LFR lol. But at the end of the day they chose a PVP server I didn't choose it for them but it's mugs like me who will be suffering for them when the PVP server's get whacked.

10+ Year Old Account

"Times change" - Garrosh
    Speaking for myself - I'm on a PvP server simply because that was where my guild leadership is. Back when I was in college I realm swapped to join a guild that was on a PvP server to raid more. I'm sure there are plenty of people on PvP servers who actually don't enjoy PvP. I know I really don't. I can handle myself in a straight fight usually but leveling characters is a pain in the butt. I was trying to do my Artifact quest sometime early in the expansion for my Balance Druid and some level 108s/109s were farming the Duskwood area you have to go to. I find that annoying and just really unfun. Had to swap to my 110 Shaman to teach them some manners.

Point being - nowadays you will only be phased into shards where people are truly interested in that WPvP mindset. Everyone you run into should be considered fair game. But...maybe someday you are leveling some alts you don't feel like dealing with it. You can phase into the PvE shard and just enjoy the questing experience. Honestly it feels like a win-win for everyone. I don't really see the basis for complaints on this new system.

There is nothing stopping an entire guild transferring to a PVE server if they don't want to PVP outside a capital that badly. I personally blame RDF, instead of braving the PVP in the wider WoW, they stayed in the capitals and queued in LFR lol. But at the end of the day they chose a PVP server I didn't choose it for them but it's mugs like me who will be suffering for them when the PVP server's get whacked.
    Yeah...GOOD LUCK with convincing 10+ people to all agree to move to a new server with groups of people they only know online for the most part and have to pay to do it as well.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even know how big of a change that is to do and it costs money?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Do you even know how big of a change that is to do and it costs money?
    With an emphasis on 'that badly'.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    When are we getting Zerg as a playable race?

How do you suffer, though? You'll check the box that says "Opt in for World PvP" once after the Patch hits and literally everything is as it was - you are surrounded by PvP players and you don't see any PvE players.

Let's try to stay a bit real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    How do you suffer, though? You'll check the box that says "Opt in for World PvP" once after the Patch hits and literally everything is as it was - you are surrounded by PvP players and you don't see any PvE players.

Let's try to stay a bit real.
    Because I like just dedicated PVP servers and they are going. How I suffer for this art.

So all the PvE guilds on PvP servers should guild transfer to PvE servers..... because you think they shouldn't be on PvP servers. Do I have this correct?

PVE players have outnumbered pvp players on some of those realms for a long, long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityB View Post
    So all the PvE guilds on PvP servers should guild transfer to PvE servers..... because you think they shouldn't be on PvP servers. Do I have this correct?
    No it would be a guild decision not mine but it would make sense to be a PvE guild on a PvE server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like just dedicated PVP servers and they are going. How I suffer for this art.
    But what exactly are you losing by having the ability to only see PvP players all the time by enabling your PvP shard?? You're essentially on a PvP server if you do this...a better one since it's literally only the people interested in PvP instead of a mix.

What about this is bad for you? I'm just trying to understand the complaint.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    PVE players have outnumbered pvp players on some of those realms for a long, long time.
    Gah I can't be the only PVP server lover who feels this way, surely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    But what exactly are you losing by having the ability to only see PvP players all the time by enabling your PvP shard?? You're essentially on a PvP server if you do this...a better one since it's literally only the people interested in PvP instead of a mix.

What about this is bad for you? I'm just trying to understand the complaint.
    It's not a complaint. It is a sigh.
    Last edited by mmocb54112e783; 2017-11-06 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Actually I thought that was pretty cool and while they didn't really name specifics about the reward they talked about a neat idea, that might even make me PvP. It was that maybe, if you go into enemy territory on a PvP shard and stay there for quite a while, that might give you a bounty and other players get notified where you are, like in GTA5. I hope they'll do something like that, that sounds fun.
    i coulda sworn i heard something about them wanting to remove ganking by using the technology that allows differnet lvl people to participate in invasions and whatnot, allowing low lvl ppl to be able to fight back vs highers..

or rather the goal was to make it so that more ppl could participate and things would be more fair.

but maybe i misheard something
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    i coulda sworn i heard something about them wanting to remove ganking by using the technology that allows differnet lvl people to participate in invasions and whatnot, allowing low lvl ppl to be able to fight back vs highers..

or rather the goal was to make it so that more ppl could participate and things would be more fair.

but maybe i misheard something
    I think they mentioned something like that but it would still be a pretty unfair fight for a level 120 against a level 34 just on the merit of talents/abilities/gear bonuses/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    If you opt in for PvP you will only be sharded with other players that have PvP enabled. It's essentially still a PvP Server, you won't see PvE players, just with a toggle.
    thats weird, i recently found out that the bodyguard in Underbelly unflags you for the ffa pvp and assumed they'd do it like that.

if its true they are doing it your way maybe its so that PVEers wont have to worry about their questgivers and towns being ganked all the time
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default