Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

I do hope the so called scaling is optional , if not , it can fuck off and die. How else am I going to make ez gold and ez skins?

Deleted
    I'm surprised by the negative comments. I've thought I'd be in minority. Well, I'm just skipping this expansion like I did WoD.

1. The amount of content is looking good. Warfronts are awesome, islands that are a hybrid of scenarios/invasions are awesome. Artifacts/AP are staying but in a different form which is great. World scaling and world quests being applied everywhere is awesome.

2. The faction war being the main focus is alright with me. I need to see what the context is though. What’s the reason for going to war? Are we being manipulated into it by old gods or did someone do something that caused shit to hit the fan? Before I embrace the faction war theme i want to know the reason for the war.

3. We know the whole expansion isn’t centered on the faction war. It’ll most likely end after the first or second tier and then we’ll have to deal with a big bad. Maybe N’zoth or something. It’s like MoP but in reverse (faction war first, big bad later).

Overall the expansion looks great to me so far. Class buffs are coming back which is great. I wanna see what the class changes are, I wanna see if there are any other systems, etc. The main thing I want to know is why we’re going to war. I want a reason for that.

For me this expac is a pass. I've taken breaks before (looking at you Cataclysm) but this might be my final break. WOW to me (since EU open Beta) has always been about PvE and the lore surrounding the big bads each Expac. Having an expansion that is focussed on PvP, or at least on the Alliance v Horde battle, makes it an expansion about the least interesting aspect of the game to me personally. Not ragging on the game, I know lots of other players love that side of WoW, but for me it's just not what the game is about, and this is genuinely the first expansion and the first cinematic that has left me totally and utterly cold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty meh but I'll give a chance to this Vanilla 2.0
    Feels like a filler expansion before the purple tentacle apocalypse (pretty sure the old gods are behind the faction war...)
    Last edited by Asaliah; 2017-11-04 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    who - like literaly who asked for changing PVE servers into toggle PVP ones

people choose to play on PVE realm - which moron thought up this shit that literaly noone on forums ever asked for
    PVE realms have always had a toggle PVP feature...

This is pretty much just a change to PVP realms. As far as I'm concerned this also the best feature announced this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    The entire idea of PvP servers died when they started getting super imbalanced... 5:1... 10:1... so when you roll a character on a PvP server, it's not really a PvP server anymore, because you can just look up which server gives you an extreme advantage and go there. Or else you end up stuck on a server where it's impossible to enjoy anything. There's no fun in getting steamrolled by 20 of the opposing faction when you land at a flightpath.
    Seems like a better solution to that would be "megaservers" like GW2 has that makes sure things are more balanced. It's 2017 after all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreveryang View Post
    The keyword here is freedom of choice. Where I come from, that's a good thing. There will be people that wants to world pvp all the time, then u have those that don't want world pvp. Then u have people like me that once in a while enjoyes some world pvp but most of the time i just want to do my quests and not have some fat 16 year old kid with his equally fat buddies gank me 24/7. Having the option to opt in and out of world pvp is long overdue and is win-win for everyone.
    We've always had that though. As far as I can remember, I could flag for PVP if I wanted to. And then turn it off. Blizzard just spun it into sounding like a positive.

Also, why roll on a PvP server if you don't want to PvP all the time? There are TONS of PvE servers...

You can't have world PvP if people can choose to opt out. They two ideas are contradictory. That design doesn't work.

I think they should have just tried harder to put checks and balances into place to dissuade idiots from griefing. It could take me an hour in a room with a white board to come up with all sorts of ideas...

Lazy Blizzard. Bad "spin".