Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you" Anduin makes alliance think that horde struck a first blow but it was other way around ?

Sylvanas says to Nathanos "It is, for the moment," she said. "Injuries need time to heal. Crops need to be planted. But soon, I will call upon the brave fighters of the Horde for another battle. The one you and I have both longed for."

What is it about Stormwind that they have longed to attack it? Who does Sylvanas hate more than anyone? There is a tomb with the crest of Lordaeron in the Stormwind graveyard, which I think would be reason enough for Sylvanas to attack. She wants Arthas! Granted, they never said this is his tomb, but why have guards to protect it if they weren’t worried about someone doing a little grave digging?

Whether or not this happens before or after the burning of Teldrassil is yet to be determined.
    Last edited by Malator; 2017-11-06 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Reading that the Horde burn down Teldrassil, that seems very, very out of character for the Horde. It seems like the druids on the Horde side would step in and say something.

My guess is that someone on the Horde side does this w/o meaning besides starting a war, similar to they reason the Horde retreated at the broken shore, it was not a faction driven dilemma, it was a matter of life or death.

I may even go to the extent that Jaina did it to make the Horde and Alliance start going to war again.

TL;DR I am die hard Alliance, and even to me burning down Teldrassil seems so out of character for the Horde.
    I'm assuming that a lot of context will be given in the Before the Storm novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinus View Post
    They already said Jaina isnt a villain.
    When did I say she was a villain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Don't know the answer, just wait. Our Warchief didn't like to see their own race condemned to disappear, not a big point (or yes?), but it's something .
    Btw, the new council that is ruling Undercity will have some words in that plot too, so I'm really excited to see what will happen and I'm a fun of this war between A&H again, tired of the ([A+H] vs [big bad guy]=85% of wow) formula.
    I have bad news for you.

It will be A+H vs big bad again.

Pointless war is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I have bad news for you.

It will be A+H vs big bad again.

Pointless war is pointless.
    I commented on other posts that this is what will happening, so i'm not surprised. Again, we are going to shake our hands, make peace and go for another Big baddie, again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I commented on other posts that this is what will happening, so i'm not surprised. Again, we are going to shake our hands, make peace and go for another Big baddie, again.
    There really is nothing that can be done. They can't just give one faction the win and delete the other because of player characters. At best they could unite them (wich would be great news in terms or resource management vs content for every player). But i can see a riot happening after they rilled people up with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Out of character? Don't forget that the current Horde warchief has had no problem committing chemical attacks on various targets including a neutral closed off from everyone Gilneas.

Burning down a tree I would say is easily in Sylvanas' wheelhouse.
    I don't get this either. I've been playing Horde since forever and we've been anything but squeamish. We regularly attack both Alliance and neutral factions whenever it gives us the slightest advantage and sometimes just for the heck of it, think about Ice Crown and the Broken Front. We also tend to NOT take prisoners, from quests for the forsaken throughout vanilla all the way to the Cataclysm changes and South Shore to Silverwind Refuge.

It's why I find it so funny when people pitched a tantrum over Taurajo. Where the civilians were actually allowed to escape for the most part but many died anyway. When at the same time we wiped out several towns/cities with everyone in it. From soldiers to children. Heck, we even ran down the Theramore escapees in front of Tanaris and dragged them to Orgrimmar, most of them did not survive captivity.

We're the more questionable, more aggressive and far less scrupulous faction and many people often celebrate this. But then throw a fit when it's implied we actually act accordingly and might just be a tad more evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    There really is nothing that can be done. They can't just give one faction the win and delete the other because of player characters. At best they could unite them (wich would be great news in terms or resource management vs content for every player). But i can see a riot happening after they rilled people up with this.
    Maybe. Don't know. Maybe one faction can win (the loser one don't need to be deleted, just retreat or something). I'm not a writter, but I like war between H&A. I like fighting versus gods and all that shit too, but I'm a bit tired because we are allways at the same spot. We know what we can do together, maybe a war with a winner (even if it's a minor win) can shake up the status quo.
    Not gonna happen, but a man can dream at least.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2017-11-06 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatheil View Post
    I'm assuming that a lot of context will be given in the Before the Storm novel.
    Oh definitely, but I think these situations that keep happening like the broken shore where one faction was pretty much forced to do what they did, and the other faction goes ape shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Let's be honest, even if they cut it down, the Night Elves could easily bring it back to life or grow a new one. I find the Alliance controlling everything north of Ironforge very exciting.
    I really disagree.. It becomes boring. I mean, having two horde major cities close to alliance creates different borders, different manupilations etc etc. Having an entire continent for alliance, and what is seem to be Horde on the other. Its soo... generic? old thinking?

Kind of feel like Lotr somehow. One group on one side, other group on the other.. I prefer Game of thrones model, everything thrown into the mix and try to rule or survive.

Dunno, guess its just me. Oh well, lets see how next expansion ends. Im actually eager for once on the lore side to see whats to come. For some reason, im expecting to be dissappointed.

So they would nuke a town but not set fire to a tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Let's be honest, even if they cut it down, the Night Elves could easily bring it back to life or grow a new one. I find the Alliance controlling everything north of Ironforge very exciting.
    Silvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I don't get this either. I've been playing Horde since forever and we've been anything but squeamish. We regularly attack both Alliance and neutral factions whenever it gives us the slightest advantage and sometimes just for the heck of it, think about Ice Crown and the Broken Front. We also tend to NOT take prisoners, from quests for the forsaken throughout vanilla all the way to the Cataclysm changes and South Shore to Silverwind Refuge.

It's why I find it so funny when people pitched a tantrum over Taurajo. Where the civilians were actually allowed to escape for the most part but many died anyway. When at the same time we wiped out several towns/cities with everyone in it. From soldiers to children. Heck, we even ran down the Theramore escapees in front of Tanaris and dragged them to Orgrimmar, most of them did not survive captivity.

We're the more questionable, more aggressive and far less scrupulous faction and many people often celebrate this. But then throw a fit when it's implied we actually act accordingly and might just be a tad more evil.
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Reading that the Horde burn down Teldrassil, that seems very, very out of character for the Horde. It seems like the druids on the Horde side would step in and say something.

My guess is that someone on the Horde side does this w/o meaning besides starting a war, similar to they reason the Horde retreated at the broken shore, it was not a faction driven dilemma, it was a matter of life or death.

I may even go to the extent that Jaina did it to make the Horde and Alliance start going to war again.

TL;DR I am die hard Alliance, and even to me burning down Teldrassil seems so out of character for the Horde.
    Theramore says hello

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobel said that players are first shown a cutscene with sylvanas and the burning teldrassil, and after that they are shown the "attack on lordaeron" cinematic.
    so, horde started it. it SEEMS.

and its not jaina.
    because the other Dev dude, not Hazzikostas, said that Jaina is definitely not evil in this expansion. and he was serious, not playful.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinus View Post
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Theramore says hello
    Eh, that was under Garrosh's reign, I take everything that happened under him with a grain of salt, Slyvanas seems to have somewhat of a level head on her shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Nobel said that players are first shown a cutscene with sylvanas and the burning teldrassil, and after that they are shown the "attack on lordaeron" cinematic.
    so, horde started it. it SEEMS.

and its not jaina.
    because the other Dev dude, not Hazzikostas, said that Jaina is definitely not evil in this expansion. and he was serious, not playful.
    I very much assume it depends on what faction you're playing as what you get told first. To make it seem like the other faction is evil

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I very much assume it depends on what faction you're playing as what you get told first. To make it seem like the other faction is evil
    Yea but even with that "what you hear" suggestion, I honestly don't look at the Broken Shore as a complete betrayal by Sylvanas to the Alliance, mind you, I DO PLAY ALLIANCE. And by all accounts so far, the Alliance are pretty much shown that they completely believe they just flat out abandoned everyone.

I mean, as a horde player, I'll be honest its not looking good for us, but think about this....

Gen and Jaina are really troubled characters right now. Both of them seem pretty unstable. So i could see one of the two, if not both, do something mischievous to force sylv's hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

I totally agree. Well written stuff.
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.