Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'm not very excited about this since WoW tends to be at its worst when it tries to mix PvE with PvP mechanics. Thematically this stuff always sounds awesome, but the gameplay tends to get very muddled and awkward in practice. It's hard to imagine this feature working out well, and I foresee it having a very niche audience at best.
    Well I will be part of that niche audience, I say give it a try before bashing it.I need people to play against (or with)

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    PvPvE
    The 3 man island scenarios has a pvp mode, I mean that's awesome. Get some moba esque scenarios.

Both teams are going for the resource (can't remember the name) Accidently running into the others or catching somone who is alone. The possibilities are endless.
    Until Blizz learns how to balance PvP classes even remotely, it will fail with any type of MOBA scenario. MOBAs are very popular because the characters are much better balanced than in WoW.

With a MOBA, you don't get hit by somebody that already has better gear or abilities because they've been playing that MOBA for months prior. Everybody starts out the same, so when you lose, by and large, you were beaten by skill, not by a class or a buffed character. In most MOBAs, any class that shows too much of an advantage gets fixed within a few weeks, not many months later.

Until Blizz learns that lesson, WoW PvP will remain niche.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Until Blizz learns how to balance PvP classes even remotely, it will fail with any type of MOBA scenario. MOBAs are very popular because the characters are much better balanced than in WoW.

With a MOBA, you don't get hit by somebody that already has better gear or abilities because they've been playing that MOBA for months prior. Everybody starts out the same, so when you lose, by and large, you were beaten by skill, not by a class or a buffed character. In most MOBAs, any class that shows too much of an advantage gets fixed within a few weeks, not many months later.

Until Blizz learns that lesson, WoW PvP will remain niche.
    I dunno I feel pretty balanced vs anyone I go against in pvp as anything I play as recently, usually when I lose a match it is because I was outplayed with cc at the right time or just that I messed up a burst, never have I felt helpless when losing.

Jeez so much hate, the pvp option is opt in like anything else, but from what I gather is it's 3v3 on an island with bunch of Timeless isle style objectives and if you arent vs other players the AI will still act as players to thwart you
    Wait what? What hate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Random generated content doesn't sound all that great. Nice as it is to see scenarios back.

I miss my garrison....

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Wait what? What hate?
    Oh not you directly, just everyone above you
    'PvP sucks, mobas suck, etc etc'

Mechanically there shouldn't be anything that needs balancing for PVP that would effect PvE. The only balance things in PVP that are required for the Island scenarios is the actual PVP class balance itself, so hopefully worrying about PVP balance ruining a PVE mechanic/scenario shouldn't be an issue with this.

Between these and Warfronts, I'm excited to have some PVE content that isn't just dungeons and raids so I can only imagine how excited PVP players are to have something entirely new to do.

Oh not you directly, just everyone above you
    'PvP sucks, mobas suck, etc etc'
    Oh yeah, well, it's 2017, it's trendy to hate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Random generated content doesn't sound all that great. Nice as it is to see scenarios back.
    Not only is it random, it flows.
    It's awesome
    It's like a mad libs build your own adventure (the Computer fills in the blanks)
    I personally have high hopes is all

Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    just because you couldn't get out of bronze in league lol. casual
    Implying I play league and ever will

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    everybody i know that hates league is bad at league
    Its almost as if that makes perfect sense? If you dislike a game, you wont be playing it, therefore you are also bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    I'd rather play Warcraft in World of Warcraft
    Then you're in luck because this is now another new way to enjoy the WARcraft in WARcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Its almost as if that makes perfect sense? If you dislike a game, you wont be playing it, therefore you are also bad at it.
    more like, they did play it and sucked so now they say that they hate it. makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    more like, they did play it and sucked so now they say that they hate it. makes perfect sense.
    Are you like, 12 or something?

Grow the fuck up.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Are you like, 12 or something?

Grow the fuck up.
    you sound upset, you might aswell just scream REEEEEEE

PvPvE
    The 3 man island scenarios has a pvp mode, I mean that's awesome. Get some moba esque scenarios.

Both teams are going for the resource (can't remember the name) Accidently running into the others or catching somone who is alone. The possibilities are endless.
    Endless? Haha. If you mean a team of FotM classes facerolling the other team and making the feature completely unbearable to use then sure.

For everyone who doesn't like PVP with this - I get the feeling the devs are trying to incentivize pvp this xpac - Like how if you want optimum xp gain from questing you have to flag in a city before heading out. You'll note that during the blizzcon presentation the order of things was normal-heroic-mythic-pvp. I think it'd be nifty if the pvp version and the mythic version of islands were the same reward wise. Since the mythic islands will pretty much just be cranking the enemy AI up to arena level pvper anyway that seems fair.

It also just occured to me that this might also let alot of PVE'rs try their babys first honor talents setups. I wonder how many marksmanship hunters that never pvped before are going to twig to how fun Sniper Shot can be and then keep pvping just cus of it.
    Last edited by Jaransan; 2017-11-06 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    For everyone who doesn't like PVP with this - I get the feeling the devs are trying to incentivize pvp this xpac - Like how if you want optimum xp gain from questing you have to flag in a city before heading out. You'll note that during the blizzcon presentation the order of things was normal-heroic-mythic-pvp. I think it'd be nifty if the pvp version and the mythic version of islands were the same reward wise. Since the mythic islands will pretty much just be cranking the enemy AI up to arena level pvper anyway that seems fair.
    If anything there will be less people playing pvp, since we'll be able to turn off pvp in pvp servers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    If anything there will be less people playing pvp, since we'll be able to turn off pvp in pvp servers now.
    Absolutely true that there will be less total people PvPing overall, but you'll be sharded with other PvPers so you'll never run out of opponents.