10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    of course it doesn't start it at 3:20
    Not just a Unit Lost video, but a horribly out of date one. Do better.

Just played 2 placement matches and got shoved into the healing role as usual. Both times we were on attack the enemy team had a Bastion/Orisa combo and our dps didnt have a fucking clue what to do and wouldnt switch so we couldnt break through and lost both games...

Seems like bastion + shield tank still just crushes non-premade groups.

ya today just cemented my "dont play on weekends" rule. lose 80% of my matches due to people not wanting to get into teamchat, even though it wasn't toxic, 1 trick players who play crutch heroes, and just overall bad players.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    I placed about 250 rating lower than I have played at the last few seasons, enough to drop me to a lower rank since I was already basement. It's possible I just played a lot worse this time around, but I don't think I did much different than usual. A few games I felt I rocked, a few I did bad at, most pretty par for the course.

On the plus side, I've won every game I've played since placements so far.

(of course, now I've jinxed myself and will lose the next bazillion games)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I won't be able to play for the next few days, so thought I'd play a couple of games today to see how it'd go, and won and kept on winning, 200SR back after yesterday's mess. 7 net wins to get back 200SR from 15 net losses (including a 50 penalty for DC) and 300SR damage yesterday. Not terrible climbing, just why I was more annoyed at the quality and state of the losses than concern over recovering the damage.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-06 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Like I said, doesn't happen. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to throw over a rein shield and stun him, which is quite easy to do. I've also had a couple of times where I rage thinking my flashbang should have stunned, but these are normally when I flashbang my feet to avoid the reflecting genji, yet even though he's right in front of me he just keeps on jumping away with no stun. That's a mechanical failure to me. I aim at the ground, it seems to just not register?
    Hard to do when your window to react is very tight, like the reaper clip. Reaper has the hitbox of a truck and the projectile literally flies through him. Flashbang is comically bad.

But you don't know that man. Maybe McCree's dick is bionic too. Just imagine that dude rolling up to Reinhard's shield and just opening his pants a little bit and then out comes cyborg hard on deploying a flashbang lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not just a Unit Lost video, but a horribly out of date one. Do better.
    I didn't realize because a video is a little old or because you don't like an author that sombra's EMP has ceased to make turrets malfunction and remove barriers.

I think the whole idea that Sombra is bad is hilarious lol. It is not like she is unplayable. She's just another hero like McCree that is very punishing if you can't aim.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-06 at 01:08 AM.

The Overwatch world cup is going to get boring for me if it's just South Korea winning year after year. Less so much suspense to see who's going to win, more so just waiting for the thing we all know is going to happen.

Here's a little gem from the Overwatch reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ournaments_in/

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The Overwatch world cup is going to get boring for me if it's just South Korea winning year after year. Less so much suspense to see who's going to win, more so just waiting for the thing we all know is going to happen.

Here's a little gem from the Overwatch reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ournaments_in/
    It isn't South Koreas fault the world needs a buff. Also the Canadian and especially the American matches were close. Well worth watching.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to do when your window to react is very tight, like the reaper clip. Reaper has the hitbox of a truck and the projectile literally flies through him. Flashbang is comically bad.

But you don't know that man. Maybe McCree's dick is bionic too. Just imagine that dude rolling up to Reinhard's shield and just opening his pants a little bit and then out comes cyborg hard on deploying a flashbang lmao.

I didn't realize because a video is a little old or because you don't like an author that sombra's EMP has ceased to make turrets malfunction and remove barriers.

I think the whole idea that Sombra is bad is hilarious lol. It is not like she is unplayable. She's just another hero like McCree that is very punishing if you can't aim.
    Almost no one uses Sombra, and when they do, they don’t win. You posting a video from a guy with a very poor reputation, particularly one that doesn’t account for more recent changes doesn’t change those things.

Sure, she can take down barriers but does nothing else reliable, even barrier breaking is less reliable than Bastion which is why he’s picked instead. She’s not niche when she’s not even the best at what she can do, which is why she’s not used and doesn’t win in the singular map she is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    it literally costs you nothing to play her on 2cp and gank the backline lol you can get your ult for basically every teamfight

10+ Year Old Account
    it literally costs you nothing to play her on 2cp and gank the backline lol you can get your ult for basically every teamfight
    Tracer and Genji are so much more effective at that. She’s not an assassin. Like you’re literally arguing ideas, not even anecdotes, over the actual stats. Her EMP isn’t even that good now Zarya’s ult roots, and she’s less useful against D.Va now that she’s using a lot less DM. That’s why your link is out dated.

Except Sombra has to get in your face almost to do any damage, and her ult also requires being in people's faces. Granted yes, she has the tools to do that, but she can't do anything at a range except spray and pray because of how ridiculous the spread on her weapon is, and she's at a high risk when she's trying to fight/pick someone off. She doesn't have the quick dive/burst/retreat like Tracer does.

McCree on the other hand, can at least harass from a decent distance, and can shut down flankers far quicker than hack can even hope to.

She is bad. Her having niche usage doesn't mean she isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except Sombra has to get in your face almost to do any damage, and her ult also requires being in people's faces. Granted yes, she has the tools to do that, but she can't do anything at a range except spray and pray because of how ridiculous the spread on her weapon is, and she's at a high risk when she's trying to fight/pick someone off. She doesn't have the quick dive/burst/retreat like Tracer does.

McCree on the other hand, can at least harass from a decent distance, and can shut down flankers far quicker than hack can even hope to.

She is bad. Her having niche usage doesn't mean she isn't bad.
    So how do you buff Sombra without making her completely bonkers in pro play?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I dunno honestly. Extend the range on hack a bit? Maybe lower the CD a bit, or make hacking a health pack different CD from hacking a player.

Increase speed further while stealthed? Increase the length of her teleporter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Hack is so easily avoided by breaking LoS and any focus fire will kill her pretty quickly, honestly I don’t think it even needs breaking on damage as a limitation. If you’re taking potentially lethal damage, you translocation out; if not, why do you need tha game making the decision to stop? As it is, if it’s broken you’ve got to TL out as it is, because the initiative is gone and you won’t make up the DPS to win the fight.

In Sombras defence, on some maps she works extremely well, on some maps she doesn't. What she excells at is erasing Lucios ult after he ults to erase your dps's ult. Poof, shields disapear and your teams ults go into full effect. She also makes Winston, Genji's and Tracers dead, which are all a staple in pro-games right now.

I did like this one video though where a reaper player says, "Oh shit, I just got hacked... only my abilities are so shitty that she actually just buffed me."

Now if Sombra turned off lifesteal from reapers bullets, caused you to lose 25% charge on your ult or caused your target recticle to spasm like the old tf scout gas grenade... that would be fun for a buff.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-07 at 02:03 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    ummm she has the safest & quickest retreat of any hero lol

she can actually kill Zenyatta fairly quickly. you're always going to get the drop on someone while they are distracted, people underestimate the value of that.

Sombras damage isnt too bad if you can get a few headshots in but it's insane how people just underestimate the value of deactivating barriers at an inopportune moment. If she was as strong as Genji or Tracer no one would play them anymore and the game would be as lame as it is right now revolving around how broken Mercy is.

I dunno honestly. Extend the range on hack a bit? Maybe lower the CD a bit, or make hacking a health pack different CD from hacking a player.

Increase speed further while stealthed? Increase the length of her teleporter?
    Increasing the duration of teleporter is not unreasonable. But hack is already very forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hack is so easily avoided by breaking LoS and any focus fire will kill her pretty quickly, honestly I don’t think it even needs breaking on damage as a limitation. If you’re taking potentially lethal damage, you translocation out; if not, why do you need tha game making the decision to stop? As it is, if it’s broken you’ve got to TL out as it is, because the initiative is gone and you won’t make up the DPS to win the fight.
    using hack is like using dragonblade

if you're using it while people are looking at you they will try to stop you and naturally your attempt to use said ability will be less successful than if you chose to strike from an unseen location.

If it didn't break on damage it's duration would have to be nerfed severely. She's supposed to be a sneaky hero and has all the tools to be sneaky all the time. Don't want your hack LOSed? Don't hack someone who can LOS it.

Now I mean, if we are talking requiring a certain amount of damage to be taken to interrupt hack in a 5 second window (it would not reset every time she tried to hack), let's say like, 50 damage. I could live with that. I don't think DVA at maximum falloff or players with poor reaction/aim should be able to interrupt it.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-07 at 05:21 PM.

Well, the losing streak has finally hit. Managed to avoid it all last season, but fell from 2570 this season down to 2432 at this time. I won't say it's all been on my team for the losses, but I'd have to say the majority is. Been getting a lot of people that refuse to swap even though they are hard countered fulltime, had 1 game with no communication except the 1 tank that decided to shit talk the whole time.
    For some reason, tank decided to trash talk me for being an ineffective Tracer even though I kept behind the enemy lines, picked off the healers nonstop, got the team to turn around multiple times, yet when the enemy went Pharah decided I was the one to call out for being bad and ineffective even though we had Hanzo (couldn't hit anything) and a Junkrat (dead left and right). Played the next 10 minutes of the game listening to him talk shit to only me. Last 3 minutes, I swap 76 but we can never get a foothold and lose the round. Round 2, I pick DVa, stay in Mercy and Pharah's face, get picks on 1 or the other most times, get called trash when Mei traps me in a room and freezes me. End of the game, team finally turns on the guy talking shit and says something back to him, but Jesus was that the longest game of my life. Only reason I didn't mute him was because once in a while he would call out where the enemy wasn't on a flank.

ummm she has the safest & quickest retreat of any hero lol
    A teleporter that requires you to set up prematurely that can be camped at, and sticks you on a strict time limit to get things done, and an invisibility that's countered by Hanzo/Widowmaker. It's definitely not the safest or quickest. Tracer would be a far better pick, since her recall is hard to pin down when she's blinking all over.

she can actually kill Zenyatta fairly quickly. you're always going to get the drop on someone while they are distracted, people underestimate the value of that.
    So can Genji/Tracer, hell even Reaper can if he flanks.

Sombras damage isnt too bad if you can get a few headshots in but it's insane how people just underestimate the value of deactivating barriers at an inopportune moment. If she was as strong as Genji or Tracer no one would play them anymore and the game would be as lame as it is right now revolving around how broken Mercy is.
    If you get in their face? Sure. But the same can be said about yet again, Tracer/Genji, who are far better at the job. And that's kinda the issue, the reverse is what's true right now. Genji and Tracer are far better, so no one picks Sombra.

I mean, we're not dealing with the Reinhardt every match anymore now, and Winston is not someone you want to screw with as a Sombra.

10+ Year Old Account
    A teleporter that requires you to set up prematurely that can be camped at
    just means someone on their team isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing

and sticks you on a strict time limit to get things done, and an invisibility that's countered by Hanzo/Widowmaker. It's definitely not the safest or quickest. Tracer would be a far better pick, since her recall is hard to pin down when she's blinking all over.
    Wallhack is some babyback bullshit. I can agree on that. Invis shouldn't be effected by it, and it actually shouldn't even be in the game.

If you get in their face? Sure. But the same can be said about yet again, Tracer/Genji, who are far better at the job. And that's kinda the issue, the reverse is what's true right now. Genji and Tracer are far better, so no one picks Sombra.
    If you don't understand how game breaking EMP/hack is, then we can't really have a discussion. It literally shuts down some heroes. It turns Genji and Tracer into free kills. It prevents Winston from jumping and EMP deletes his shield. EMP LITERALLY lops off half of Zarya's HP and basically deletes Zenyatta (and he can't use his ultimate to save himself!) because it removes Shields AND Barriers. Stops Mercy from using Rez or Soar.

Why wouldn't you want to mess with Winston? He's just a big ugly Symmetra when he's hacked. Just teleport away if he's giving you trouble lol. You always have to have a plan of escape if you play Sombra.