Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The logical expectable thing would be that Sylvanas burned the tree and the Alliance retaliated, because she's evil and Horde right? Except not. They're gonna switch it and make the Alliance make the first move, I'm sure of this. Sylvanas will burn the tree after she fled from the EK to Kalimdor.

We already had a warchief as an expansion last boss, I hope we're not getting another one...

Burn baby burn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Nightelf is my main, it's also my favorite race lore-wise. I also love Darnassus and it's the only city i use for my AH business. So i do understand where you are coming from.

HOWEVER: I also believe that the undead are a terrible desease that should be removed from the face of Azeroth. A belief i share lore-wise with Tauren, Orcs and Blood Elves. So even if 8.0 makes the Alliance strike first against the Undercity and Teldrassil being the retaliation: I'm ok with this. It's a story i can live with. I am kind of disappointed to see Tauren defend Undeath, but that's a Horde problem they had from day 1. Teldrassil is the logical target for a retaliation attack. I'm very sad to see it go, but such is story development and if the story makes sense...so be it. This story DOES make sense.

What i'm not ok with is Suramar (and Highmountain). Blizzard basically says we Alliance Players did not play this content. We do not get Valarjar either, so basically Legion never happend for us. You never saved Thalyssra, you never united the Highmountain. You simply were not there. We will not even get a single shitty questline to EXPLAIN why they turn their backs on us after we saved their Children. Thalyssra, Occuleth, Valtrois, Arluelle, Lyleth....nope, never happend for you, Alliance. It was the Horde, that saved those characters!

This is the dealbreaker for me. There simply is no story arc imaginable to turn Suramar (and, to a lesser degree Highmountain) against me, the Alliance player, after 2 years of Legion.

7.2 was shit (story: "Go kill 50 demons!") and Argus fell flat on it's face story wise. Suramar was not only the most beautiful zone of Legion, it was also the best told story. Maybe the best told story of WoW ever. And now they tell me that never happend for me? No, thanks.
    I've spent a bit of time the past few days going over how the new Allied Races fit in with the factions.

I'm 100% with you about all the Legion and Broken Isles content. The only rational conclusion I can come to is that it will all be phased after 110. You touched on the alliance not being present during the Highmountain and Suramar campaigns ... but how about the Horde not being present on Argus and the Lightforged Draenei and Alleria and her Void Elves aligning themselves with the Alliance?

I'm most perplexed by the Highmountain Tauren. I've sort of work out everything else in my mind. Alliance gets the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to counterbalance the Horde having Blood Elves and Nightborne. Where the Alliance have access to the Light and the Void, the Horde have access to the beings that have absorbed and thrive on the energies of the Sunwell and the Nightwell.

Lightforged Draenei - Would make sense if they're gonna hop off the space ships and hang around Azeroth to help clean things up, that they would side with the Draenei already aligned with the Alliance.

Void Elves - Alleria left Azeroth after defending Silvermoon City from the Horde Invasions but losing 18 of her siblings. She ventured to Outlands to eliminate the Horde. Until recent events she wasn't even aware of the fate of her sister Sylvannas. While it surprises me that Alleria would choose to fight against her sister, the player still hasn't seen her reaction to the news told by Vareesa (the whole Banshee Queen thing). All that said. Alleria has a hatred for the Horde and sees them as vermin to be exterminated. Makes sense to be Alliance.

Nightborne - This one is tricky if you're not familiar with the Elven history. Suramar and the Nightborne have been sealed off for 10,000 years. Since the end of the War of the Ancients. Hearth to current time. There's now two real factions of Elves dominating the scene; Night Elf and Blood Elf. Elves are reliant on some sort of font of power (Original Well of Eternity, Nordrassil/Well of Eternity, Sunwell, Nightwell) and I've got to imagine, with Azeroth herself weakened and 10,000 years worth of energy powering a shield around Suramar, the Nightwell is probably pretty weak at this point. The Night Elves being the purists that they are would shrug the Nightborne aside, while the Blood Elves themselves understand the desire/thirst/NEED for POWER! I did a lot of digging to get to this conclusion.

Highmountain Tauren - Other than their direct lineage to the Tauren of Kalimdor, I'm still puzzled by them apparently just shrugging off the Alliance assisting in pushing invading demons from their homeland.

Blizzard has hinted at this just being the beginning to Allied Races (I assume that's IF they go over well on live servers). I could see them at a later point delving more into the Human lore and their Vykrul origins (which could be focused in Stormheim) and the Night Elves return to Val'sharah to do some druid things or maybe commune with Elune. Or even having the Night Elves align themselves with The Court of Farondis as Prince Farondis has seen first hand the power and destruction that can occur from these fonts of energy (watching Zin'ashari descend into the grasp of the Burning Legion) and wanting nothing to do with the Nightborne or Blood Elves and their dirty needles of Arcane Meth. Maybe Broken Isles could be the location of a future Warfront event they talked about at Blizzcon.

AAAAAAALLLLLL that being said .... the burning of Tel'drassil will be a strategic maneuver as much as an impulsive reaction. Sylvannas has grown immensely mature. Lets not forget she's died .... THREE times! Is there any misunderstanding in why she wants to find a way for her Forsaken to live on? She's seen the other side and what horrors await. She of all people understands that death is not something taken lightly. Losing Undercity (which is what I believe will happen post-cinematic), will force her to retreat. Initially I thought Silvermoon would make the most sense, but the best option of attack for the Alliance would be the front gates of Lordaeron. Barring the Alliance builds a fleet of ships on the backside of Lordaeron (after multiple wars away from home MoP/WoD/Legion I doubt they'd have the supplies), the Horde will most likely zeppelin out to the south and back to Eastern Kingdoms via existing zepp routes. For the Horde, it only makes sense to push out the last hold out of the Alliance in the EK. Not to mention Sylvannas' "you take my home, I'll take yours" rage, the Blood Elves and Nightborn could very well see the Night Elves as a lesser race.

Blizzard's official response to Exodar and Silvermoon City is something along the lines of NPC's have a hard time crossing those load screens.

Personally, I'd like to see the Worgen reclaim Gilneas and rebuild it to its former glory. It would also be nice for Trolls to finally get an honest city. Maybe retake Zul'farak, or the soon to be razzed Tel'drassil would leave a nice barren area to build a new capital city ... and we all know how much trolls love islands and da beach mon.

Deleted
    I love to see this fucking tree burned down.
    I hope also we could kill die babypriest kidking.
    The only cool alianz are voidelves, gnomes and dwarfs.
    The human kingdom is so soft an peacefull shit, and the nightelves are coward people. They banned illidan the onyl one with real balls. They should go and make love with some trees.

I hope the horde with sylvanas slay them all and destroy the whole nightelves plus stormwind burn them down to ash.

Quote Originally Posted by papawoot View Post
    It would also be nice for Trolls to finally get an honest city. Maybe retake Zul'farak, or the soon to be razzed Tel'drassil would leave a nice barren area to build a new capital city ... and we all know how much trolls love islands and da beach mon.
    Trolls get Zuldazar, what more epic hub for trolls could you hope for?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Oh please.

A fucking storyline is stale if nothing can change because "OH MY GOD SO UNFAIR WE LOST A CITY".

Shut up. You sit afk in the neutral hub or in your garrison/class hall anyway. Why the fuck does it even matter?
    Thank you for saying this so I didn't have to get banned for saying it myself lol
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Lmao the blatant bias and skewing in this post is hilarious.

Lemme try, it sounds fun.

Sylvanas tries and fails to revive people from the dead and is branded as a monster.
    Anduin resses an entire battlefield and is cherished as a hero.

som1 plz explan blizz it not faer!
    Simple:

Sylvannas does it against people will ( making them undead against their will), she forces other people to give their lives/power to ress people. ( val kýr)
    Anduin resses people in battle , brings them back as they where. And he does it with his own power....

So 1 forces the person who is ressed, forces them into new body and forces the one who is ressing.
    While the other ress people in battle, gives them their old body back and forces no one but himself to use his own powers.....

yeah very similar :P:P

Burn baby burn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Trolls get Zuldazar, what more epic hub for trolls could you hope for?
    Fair enough. Still a lot to see unfold. Very curious to see how Kul'Tiras and Zuldazar work in the expansion. I can't imagine we would be sharing a questing hub with the opposing faction this expansion, so it's possible these will work similar to Warspear and Stormshield from WoD. The Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves are two unique allied races though. So I'm not totally convinced that the Zandalari will actually be joining the horde so much as allying with the horde to further their own personal agenda. Riding the wave of destruction and rebuilding the world in their own image. And very little has been mentioned about the Dark Iron Dwarves. And to be honest, my knowledge of the Dwarves and alliance is next to nil. But it would be neat to see them either get access to Shadowforge City, or possibly Molten Core now that Ragnaros is back in the firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by papawoot View Post
    Fair enough. Still a lot to see unfold. Very curious to see how Kul'Tiras and Zuldazar work in the expansion. I can't imagine we would be sharing a questing hub with the opposing faction this expansion, so it's possible these will work similar to Warspear and Stormshield from WoD. The Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves are two unique allied races though. So I'm not totally convinced that the Zandalari will actually be joining the horde so much as allying with the horde to further their own personal agenda. Riding the wave of destruction and rebuilding the world in their own image. And very little has been mentioned about the Dark Iron Dwarves. And to be honest, my knowledge of the Dwarves and alliance is next to nil. But it would be neat to see them either get access to Shadowforge City, or possibly Molten Core now that Ragnaros is back in the firelands.
    I don't think they will put the work into it, same thing for changing Suramar to a horde city. Blizzard usually only add/rework stuff when there is some gameplay around it.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love Teldrassil.. the best zone for me, hands down.
    Luckily I have classic wow coming to fuel my nostalgia.

But this is just kindling for the fire of rage

It is strange that this division of the land parallels aspects of RL. What I found frustrating yet invigorating was the fact that once again the Horde do something well beyond their scope of understanding. Teldrassil is a World tree and more directly connected to Azeroth than most things in the world. In all the effort both sides have be making to save Azeroth, the Horde once again makes a choice without thinking of the true consequence. It makes for a good story though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just thinking... maybe they (the devs) just wanted to get rid of Teldrassil, too. It's just a big stump in the world that doesnt go well with flying and they thought like "Nowadays, we could do better."
    Maybe a future expansion involves a new Teldrassil (and New Darnassus as the alliance expansion capital).

Forsaken get Theramore and dustswallow marsh, the nightborne get the night elf lands.

Night Elves get the broken isles, Void/High elves get hinterlands WPL/EPL. New (or old) homes for all.

Deleted
    I get that Sylvanas planning to attack Stormwind in the book but what if the Horde don't actually make the decision to burn Teldrassil down?
    Could be some Old God interference. Then the Alliance retaliate, thinking the Horde have drawn first blood and take Lordaeron back. From that point it's on again, between the Alliance and Horde but it's all based on a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Simple:

Sylvannas does it against people will ( making them undead against their will), she forces other people to give their lives/power to ress people. ( val kýr)
    Anduin resses people in battle , brings them back as they where. And he does it with his own power....

So 1 forces the person who is ressed, forces them into new body and forces the one who is ressing.
    While the other ress people in battle, gives them their old body back and forces no one but himself to use his own powers.....

yeah very similar :P:P
    and I quote:
    "Lmao the blatant bias and skewing in this post is hilarious.

Lemme try, it sounds fun."

But good job rushing to defend Orlando Bloom. Can't wait to kill him.

and I quote:
    "Lmao the blatant bias and skewing in this post is hilarious.

Lemme try, it sounds fun."

But good job rushing to defend Orlando Bloom. Can't wait to kill him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Vesx4v2dg ....watch it....it has been official said.....Undercity happened last.

And....okay...my points where made using facts.....so how is that biased???

There is a whole quest about someone being ressed against her will, there is a cinematic at the end of stormheim to proof my point.
    So i would say you are biased...because i proof my opinion with facts and ingame stuff...you are just butt hurt your sylvannas is not the best gal in the world .

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Vesx4v2dg ....watch it....it has been official said.....Undercity happened last.

And....okay...my points where made using facts.....so how is that biased???

There is a whole quest about someone being ressed against her will, there is a cinematic at the end of stormheim to proof my point.
    So i would say you are biased...because i proof my opinion with facts and ingame stuff...you are just butt hurt your sylvannas is not the best gal in the world .
    bruh your head is addled

i'm saying my original post was very most intended to copy OP and sound retarded and people like you keep rushing in and being like BUH BUH BUH MY ANDY WANDY IS GOODOD WAAH

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair a giant Tree in the middle of an Ocean of threats and monsters was never that smart,tactical,or safe to begin with

Sylvanas tries and fails to revive people from the dead and is branded as a monster.

Their reasons for doing so are somewhat different... Not to mention, the types of magic they used.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Anyone know if they will make new starting zones for the Night Elves and the undead? Would really like if they fully restored Lordaeron and made it into the new capital.
    naw. it's going to be phased. Nelves/Forsaken will do the same starting area, and at a certain level/quest tier it will phase to destroyed Teldrassil/UC

Anduin isn't turning his enemies' corpses against their own people.