Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Can N'zoth still be the main antagonist of Battle for Azeroth?

At the start of the expansion its mostly war between alliance and horde combined with helping allied factions with their own antagonists but later it will most likely still have a main antagonist at the end, since Jaina and Rastakhan are official alliance/horde members now the chances of fighting them are very low especially as endgame antagonists, with Jaina's new model she pretty much returned to stay. The same can be said with the other faction leaders they don't really have potential to be the main antagonists of an expansion, even in Mists of Pandaria where it was the closest one to fighting a playable faction leader we still basically fought the old god Y'shraaj at the end. Since Queen Azshara is a boss in the 2nd raid of the expansion the most logical would be to have N'zoth as the last boss. Apart from Azshara, N'Zoth and the Void Lords there aren't any other major enemies that we haven't fought yet if we exclude Rastakhan who joined the Horde. And it's still a bit early to waste the Void Lords in this expansion so N'zoth is pretty much the only choice.

Yes. And he almost certainly is. Honestly, would you expect a battle with an Old God to start with him right out in the open? Face to face? When have they ever operated like that? If you're an Old God, you whisper. That's what you do.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Sylvanas may be manipulated by N'zoth and his friends. I would not be surprised.

He almost definitely is the end boss of BfA. All the maps of where he's imprisoned place him essentially right in the water between Zandalar and Kul'Tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Sylvanas may be manipulated by N'zoth and his friends. I would not be surprised.
    I don´t think so, is far more pausable that Genn or even more, Anduin, is the one being controlled by N´zoth influence.
    "The boy that serves at the master´s table".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    He almost definitely is the end boss of BfA. All the maps of where he's imprisoned place him essentially right in the water between Zandalar and Kul'Tiras.
    He is just beneath that mysterious island in the kul´thiras clothes datamined some months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    I don´t think so, is far more pausable that Genn or even more, Anduin, is the one being controlled by N´zoth influence.

- - - Updated - - -

He is just beneath that mysterious island in the kul´thiras clothes datamined some months ago.
    Except void whispers, while containing some element of truth, are always also misleading. I don't know what it will be, but somehow we'll look back and see how the whispers were true but didn't mean what we thought they did.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Sylvanas is talked about by Varimathras. You could not entirely trust a Dreadlord but it's still something. She is also a very desperate for survival. Desperate people are easy to manipulate. We also know that the burning of Teldrassil happens before the attack on Undercity.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-07 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    The same can be said with the other faction leaders they don't really have potential to be the main antagonists of an expansion,
    Why not? In order to even get on the radar of Allied players, N'Zoth will have to do something noticeably more than burning Teldrassil. As in, pulling a Theramore on one of main capitals. In order to even get on the radar of Horde players... there is nothing N'Zoth can do. The game identity of Horde players is so completely built around trying to conquer the Alliance that even if C'Thun or N'Zoth seeps out of The Wound and eats Kalimdor up to Durotar, the only thing the Hordies will be able to think about will be taking back some EK land from the Alliance.
    In short, only losing majority of Azeroth to a re-emergent Black Empire could force the Allies to divert their attention from the one enemy truly able to destroy it but it means nothing in bigger picture since:
    • if Blizzard goes for Cata retardation, the Horde will also lose a lot to the Old Gods and obviously focus their efforts on ripping more out of the Alliance to make up for the losses
    • if only EK gets pwned, Horde automatically will gain the upper hand and act on it
    Thus, whatever happens, Horde will keep their focus on Alliance and vice versa. Or they would if there was any shred of sense to current plotlines. Or unless both EK and Kalimdor et eaten and some very small remnants of both factions get stranded on some island. Now imagine the sheer size of deus ex machina required to ever recover from THAT.

even in Mists of Pandaria where it was the closest one to fighting a playable faction leader we still basically fought the old god Y'shraaj at the end.
    We haven't. It was set out very clearly both in the game and in other canon sources that Garrosh remained in control of his mental facilities. He sought a power that will not subjugate him like demon blood did and he found it. The last boss is Garrosh, on every difficulty in every phase. That's why your horde toons would see Garry's Disneyland in Orgrimmar even when the raid was already open.

Since Queen Azshara is a boss in the 2nd raid of the expansion the most logical would be to have N'zoth as the last boss.
    Again, who gives a shit about Azshara and N'Zoth? So they want to take some B-class islands that are not even parts of respective factions. Let'em hav'em. We have just lost two faction capitals to each other. Horde lost the seat of the warchief in case you missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    And yet we know that the Horde strikes first by torching Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Like Grom was the final boss of WoD, right?

The problem as I see is that N'Zoth is too boringly predictable to fulfil this role. Maybe that's what Blizz want here...I don't know.

I've no doubt that N'Zoth will feature in some raid encounter, but I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz (figuratively) pull an Archimonde for the ultimate battle.

Legion and BFA are extremely comparable to Cata and MoP. Cataclysm, single word like Legion, BFA and MoP both more descriptive. Cata and Legion both have the main villain clear from the start and it's a big world ending threat we're up against. MoP and BFA are both Horde vs Alliance based from the start, how they sold those expansions were both about stepping up the faction war.

And in Mists the main villain was an old god, i know Garrosh really was but he was corrupted by old gods more or less. So i'm 99% sure a old god is lurking in the shadows. We're probably not gonna fight him head on, but whatever he has corrupted. And then set up for another WORLD ENDING THREAT expansion aka we kill the god or even a corrupted Azeroth.

Deleted
    Could just be Azshara. They even mentioned her already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And yet we know that the Horde strikes first by torching Teldrassil.
    I think undead rebels will do it and Sylv will be framed, Anduin will somehow know it but still start the war because his allies will be furious and there is no proof Horde didn't do it. So he will be lying and lead the war that's how he is gonna serve N'zoth, not by being manipulated. That's just a guess tho.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Could just be Azshara. They even mentioned her already.
    They said in the panel that she is in the raid after Uldir. They called Uldir the emerald nightmare of the expac. Meaning she is basically the Gul'dan of BfA. She is a big antagonist for the expac but definitely not the main one.

N'zoth would be as much of an antagonist as war itself.

Old Gods aren't villains, they're manifestations of the Void, pure madness and corruption. They have no motivation or objective other than corrupting Azeroth.

It would be as poor of an expansion endboss as Archimonde or Kel'thuzad, who, despite being characters, had no real build-up.

It could be a good mythic-only boss, or a short/one-boss raid after the final raid. Or simply a mid-tier endboss like C'thun, Yogg-Saron and the Sha were.

Azshara would be a good expansion endboss, but at the moment they're thinking about putting her in the second tier of the expansion, which, while doesn't necessarily mean they'll do it or that she'll die there, it means they don't have plans for her to be the main antagonist.

Other options are Jaina and Sylvanas, but that would involve their factions joining the other faction against them, which goes against the theme of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the start of the expansion its mostly war between alliance and horde combined with helping allied factions with their own antagonists but later it will most likely still have a main antagonist at the end, since Jaina and Rastakhan are official alliance/horde members now the chances of fighting them are very low especially as endgame antagonists, with Jaina's new model she pretty much returned to stay. The same can be said with the other faction leaders they don't really have potential to be the main antagonists of an expansion, even in Mists of Pandaria where it was the closest one to fighting a playable faction leader we still basically fought the old god Y'shraaj at the end. Since Queen Azshara is a boss in the 2nd raid of the expansion the most logical would be to have N'zoth as the last boss. Apart from Azshara, N'Zoth and the Void Lords there aren't any other major enemies that we haven't fought yet if we exclude Rastakhan who joined the Horde. And it's still a bit early to waste the Void Lords in this expansion so N'zoth is pretty much the only choice.
    Could easily be so, I mean, we only saw little about the raids, and the 2nd has Aszhara.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically 100% certain we'll see N'Zoth and Old God stuff in the latter half of the expansion given that Azshara is confirmed to be the big bad of the second raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Well, we've already got a faceless general who was buried there who drove the high elves insane ~7k years ago. The Old God taint is already in the area and has been for millenia.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    I hope not. BfA should focus on a war narrative but he'll probably be yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I hope not. BfA should focus on a war narrative but he'll probably be yes.
    I think it will focus on the War Narrative with most raids and dungeons being about obtaining something to aid. I see the N'Zoth storyline will be weaved throughout, there will be hints and things like that, but it will not be a driving force.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code