Deleted

When do you think legacy servers will be released?

Personally I hope its as soon as possible, otherwise, the hype will die down, if we are waiting for a year just to play legacy servers the same time as the new expansion comes out it wont be as hyped as it is right now.

Literally, every single popular streamer has said they are going to stream Vanilla wow, including Summit1g and shroud, the sooner these servers are up and running the better imo.

This will give people time to level up and the economy's to build up on servers and server comminitys and guilds to form. so that when the expansion comes out it will still be new and fresh and alot of people will play the new content instead of just rolling toons on classic servers.

I dont really think its that much work for blizzard to get them up and running and they are trying to launch classic alongside the new expansion.

Deleted
    I would suspect no sooner than 8-9 months, and no later than ~12-14 months.

Total guesstimation.

Not soon, hopefully. At least a year. I want to finish TBC on my current private server first.

And no, the hype won't die down. It didn't for many years now, it won't in couple more. If anything, it'll only get stronger.

You will not hear anything about it before the new expansion Battle for Azeroth is released.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Since i plan to play as soon as it is released i hope it doesn't take too long.

But then again. Better not rush it. If it's not made well people will instantly leave again.

From the wording of their announcement, i think it will take at least another 18 months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guessing around Sept-Oct next year.

At least 1.5 years.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    At least 1.5 years.
    I'm guessing the 15th anniversary at the latest.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    2019/2020. They haven't even hired people yet. They'll use it to fill the content drought at the end of Battle of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Personally I hope its as soon as possible, otherwise, the hype will die down, if we are waiting for a year just to play legacy servers the same time as the new expansion comes out it wont be as hyped as it is right now.

Literally, every single popular streamer has said they are going to stream Vanilla wow, including Summit1g and shroud, the sooner these servers are up and running the better imo.

This will give people time to level up and the economy's to build up on servers and server comminitys and guilds to form. so that when the expansion comes out it will still be new and fresh and alot of people will play the new content instead of just rolling toons on classic servers.

I dont really think its that much work for blizzard to get them up and running and they are trying to launch classic alongside the new expansion.
    Are there honestly no mods on this forum? Every thread is an exact duplicate of a previous one.
    Someone else made a 100% identical thread just one page back, why not just post in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    2019/2020. They haven't even hired people yet. They'll use it to fill the content drought at the end of Battle of Azeroth.
    Unfortunately this. Truth is every interview so far has told us they just now decided they will make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    That's true, but also it's really hard to say. I don't think Blizz have any idea themselves. Once development is in full swing they'll see how many problems there are making it work with their architecture and debugging it. If its surprisingly easy (which it might be but likely won't) we could easily see it next year. If it's surprisingly difficult it could be god knows how long. They'll be faster at developing it than private servers, significantly, because they have staff and know their shit, but their quality standards will also be much higher than even the best private servers out there.