Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry I want to be the new man thick race will this be an option

SO, with the new models of tubby, barrel-chested humans of Kul'Tiras, is there a possibility I too can become a big man? Are we getting more customization options? the new models just look so...imposing. One of them wearing full plate swinging an ax around would be intimidating. don't see why it can't just be an option. This is probably the only populated MMO on the market that doesn't let you change body types by now, it's not far fetched.

Because Blizzard decided that adding even more elves is a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    SO, with the new models of tubby, barrel-chested humans of Kul'Tiras, is there a possibility I too can become a big man? Are we getting more customization options? the new models just look so...imposing. One of them wearing full plate swinging an ax around would be intimidating. don't see why it can't just be an option. This is probably the only populated MMO on the market that doesn't let you change body types by now, it's not far fetched.
    I'm sure if enough people keep demanding it from Blizzard they will make them a allied race.

I do hope that the Kul Tiran (maybe?) people would be an Allied Race cuz they look kinda awesome!

Not sure what they could do with the ladies but I'm sure there could be something. :P

During the Art of Warcraft Q&A panel today, the question about different body types for player characters came up (with Allied Races being used as an example in the question because of the difference between Nightborne and Night elf body types). The answer was along the lines of "we're working on it for Battle of Azeroth". So... fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    During the Art of Warcraft Q&A panel today, the question about different body types for player characters came up (with Allied Races being used as an example in the question because of the difference between Nightborne and Night elf body types). The answer was along the lines of "we're working on it for Battle of Azeroth". So... fingers crossed!
    OMFG thank you so much i didnt see that

They didn't mention upright orcs in 8.0 until they got pressed about it, maybe there will be a similar thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejewvnation View Post
    They didn't mention upright orcs in 8.0 until they got pressed about it, maybe there will be a similar thing here.
    its about time... all the damn classes should be upright

its annoying cus the way the question was read ...and the answer was given it sounded weird. It sounded like they said "the body types of other races will be in customization" which doesnt really make much sense. So i need to find the Q&A if possible.

I was hoping when i saw it that they made those new models with the direct intent to impliment them for characters, considering they were working on the allies races as well.

but its something i really want, i'm so heartbroken for them to have not like...proudly shown example player characters with various body changes, tattos, hairstyles and different skin colors.
    it would be depressing if it was another 2 years before we got anything
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Rejewvnation View Post
    They confirmed during the Battle for Azeroth Live Q&A that playable upright orcs will be available at launch. Existing orcs can toggle it on or off in the barber shop while newly created orcs can choose it in the character creation screen.

I should have been more clear. The point I was making is that they didn't say anything about it until someone asked, so maybe since nobody asked about humans they didn't mention it.

Seeing different body types for playable races in WoW would be... weird. I hope not.

tirisian humans will definitely be an allied race eventually, and they will bring us human druids.

they're setting it up with the hags in that one zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    They confirmed during the Battle for Azeroth Live Q&A that playable upright orcs will be available at launch. Existing orcs can toggle it on or off in the barber shop while newly created orcs can choose it in the character creation screen.
    I want this for every race. Like a hunched over human warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one day, currently they are a new type of model, so might be that they are a testing stage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Maybe one day, currently they are a new type of model, so might be that they are a testing stage.
    I'm 10,000% sure they're on the Vrykul skeleton. There was also Kul'tiran humans that were using the Dwarf and Goblin skeletons.

I have high doubts we'll even get upright orcs anytime ever, let alone a massive amount of new subraces. But time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'm 10,000% sure they're on the Vrykul skeleton. There was also Kul'tiran humans that were using the Dwarf and Goblin skeletons.

I have high doubts we'll even get upright orcs anytime ever, let alone a massive amount of new subraces. But time will tell.
    I wasn't saying skeletons, I said type. They aren't like Vrykul fully either.

As well, upright orcs was confirmed for BFA.

And no Kul Tiran with Goblin skeleton, there are the Vulpera, though.

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see on the Kul Tiran 'thick' model, they are modelled out more and has some basic animations like ours, hence why I believe they are testing it out - just like that said about the idle animations.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I wasn't saying skeletons, I said type. They aren't like Vrykul fully either.
    It's the Vrykul skeleton and that means they have no unique animations (unless this will be the first and only time ever Blizzard does something new with an old skeleton). They're just chubby Vrykul. I dunno if the Vrykul models are rigged to be able to equip player gear properly, but since they've always had a male and female variation of their race, that puts them in at least a decent standing of ever being used as subraces themselves (or having a model variation of their models used, such as in the case of a big tubby fatass human).

As well, upright orcs was confirmed for BFA.
    Yeah, and Dance Studio was confirmed for WotLK. A Blizzcon confirmation, especially one that had to be pried out of Blizzard like upright Orcs, isn't exactly something set in stone. To my understanding Saurfang has a new model that is upright, but who knows if that'll ever actually make it into the game.

And no Kul Tiran with Goblin skeleton, there are the Vulpera, though.
    There's a Kul'Tiran human using the Goblin male skeleton (in specific it's a re-skin of the new Gallywix model).

Upright orcs GachiGasm?

What a time to be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Vrykul skeleton and that means they have no unique animations (unless this will be the first and only time ever Blizzard does something new with an old skeleton). They're just chubby Vrykul. I dunno if the Vrykul models are rigged to be able to equip player gear properly, but since they've always had a male and female variation of their race, that puts them in at least a decent standing of ever being used as subraces themselves (or having a model variation of their models used, such as in the case of a big tubby fatass human).
    I am not talking skeleton, and they have been updated like ours for new animations, you've seen them at the reveal. Hence new type.

Yeah, and Dance Studio was confirmed for WotLK. A Blizzcon confirmation, especially one that had to be pried out of Blizzard like upright Orcs, isn't exactly something set in stone. To my understanding Saurfang has a new model that is upright, but who knows if that'll ever actually make it into the game.
    The Dance Studio was never confirmed at the same way as upright orcs - which has been demanded more than dance studio.

There's a Kul'Tiran human using the Goblin male skeleton (in specific it's a re-skin of the new Gallywix model).
    Do link, incase I've missed out on it.