Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Even if it is, what's wrong with an expansion for the sake of..... expanding?

Battle for Azeroth can be seen as a battle for control of azeroth or a battle to save azeroth. I think it's meant to start out as the first way and then become the second way by the end.
    Holy shit I never thought about the duality of the name.

Hype is at an all time maximum boi

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    If people are concerned about the story, Alex Afrasiabi kept saying it'll be a "slow burn" in the interview with Tradechat. I guarantee there's a big bad coming that they're just trying to set up. They just want some mystery around it. Personally, I'm just more excited by the idea, plenty of opportunity to speculate on what their plans are.
    Pretty sure on the front page after the reveal they posted that we would eventually confront Azshara in this expansion. My hope, truly, is that she's in control and causing the chaos between factions, that or one of the Old Gods. I'm just REALLY struggling to believe the story angle that after vanquishing a major foe that we're all of the sudden back fighting with ourselves. I also don't believe the horde would just be like, hey, we know we're walking on thin ice because the Alliance, however inaccurate, thinks we gave up on them on the Broken Isles, but let's go burn Teldrassil down. Or did the Alliance attack the UC first? I was under the impression the former happened.

As for the OP's post, I kind of have to agree. Just not really feeling like I'm looking forward to anything because there's no big new system being put in place. But, to each their own... I'm sure I'll end up buying it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    If people are concerned about the story, Alex Afrasiabi kept saying it'll be a "slow burn" in the interview with Tradechat. I guarantee there's a big bad coming that they're just trying to set up. They just want some mystery around it. Personally, I'm just more excited by the idea, plenty of opportunity to speculate on what their plans are.
    They said Azshara will be a raidboss in a patch of BfA. The Sea Priests of Kul Tiras (prominently featured in the boss design workshop panel) reek of old gods, lots of tentacle symbology there. I will be surprised if this doesn't lead to N'Zoth possibly even as final expansion raid.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I’m pretty happy with Legion, so for me more content within the existing systems plus a couple new things to try sounds great.

I think the point people like him are trying to make is the announcement and idea are very underwhelming. If the story in Legion felt forced this new xpac feels extremely forced, and I generally liked Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    To a person like me? 6 whole new races are getting their lore further developped. That's more than any expansion has ever offered before. Particularly excited for void elves, who are a race that came completely out of the blue (or an "asspull", as people that think something popping in one year prior is somehow eternally more acceptable like to term it) and Zandalari dino druids are gonna be fucking awesome as well!.

We get TWO (smaller, but very lore relevant and different) continents!, we finally don't have to completely relearn all of our classes over again, for once! New dungeons and raids, like people like you would do for 90% of the expansion anyway! New world quests, level scaling, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

In other words, "This expansion didn't offer what I wanted" = / = this expansion brings no content to the table.
    ye but what you are desribing are just side content

its not a new class its not a new spec its just a tiny bit changed graphic models.

yes some people will level them up just for sake of armour sets but most will ignore them due to having to relevel though whole old outdated content just for 1-6 extra armour skins.

ye its a good thing they add them in but its not a real content.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye but what you are desribing are just side content

its not a new class its not a new spec its just a tiny bit changed graphic models.

yes some people will level them up just for sake of armour sets but most will ignore them due to having to relevel though whole old outdated content just for 1-6 extra armour skins.

ye its a good thing they add them in but its not a real content.
    Past your sense of false consensus, different people enjoy different things. I spend roughly the same amount of time leveling alts as I do on end-game content... Not to mention this is the greatest amount of content any RPer must have ever gotten in an expansion pack before. If "real content" is just 10 new dungeons and 4 new raids per expansion, then we would remove leveling and just keep adding more dungeons and raids with nothing else in the game. That is nowhere near the case, in fact a very small amount of the population raid outside of LFR

Simple is better, I like their idea for where WoW needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    The only thing this expansion brings is new raids and dungeons, plus the leveling story if you're into that

How ever no new classes, no new spells or talents, no new profession, not even an exciting new feature that id be looking for.

All of this seems like a money grab and the detriment is that we have to yet again play the final raid for ~ 1 year and get no new updates while they work on the next expansion.

So my question is, is it REALLY required we get an expansion a year? Cant the new raids and dungeons just be patched in?
    this just seems like a cash grab and very lazy development to me
    Can you be more wrong about everything?
    They already said there's new abilities and even buffs coming back.
    There's no reason to bring a new class, we just had one, but we have a lot of new races ( they are sub races but they have different racials, they act as new race really).
    There's plenty of new features with how world pvp is gonna work much better, warfront things, procedural random islands, zone lvl scaling, the number squish, etc. (no one cares about what YOU are looking for, that's not important you are just one person among millions.)
    They very clearly stated that a lot of these new features are coming in a patch in between argus and the BFA prepatch, during legion, so there will be stuff going on during the usual "dead time".

It seems like a cash grab and lazy development TO YOU because you don't listen or inform yourself. You're the problem, not Blizzard devs.

Yeah, at this point, it feels more like a patch than an actual expantion.
    I do hope they have a lot more to talk about befor release.

I like some of the changes like removal of legendaries and no more artifact weapons but it does feel like there is very little there.

The only thing this expansion brings is new raids and dungeons, plus the leveling story if you're into that

How ever no new classes, no new spells or talents, no new profession, not even an exciting new feature that id be looking for.

All of this seems like a money grab and the detriment is that we have to yet again play the final raid for ~ 1 year and get no new updates while they work on the next expansion.

So my question is, is it REALLY required we get an expansion a year? Cant the new raids and dungeons just be patched in?
    sub races don't count for some reason? also adding two whole continents along with varied instances is somehow them being lazy? what?

I don't disagree that it feels like a new expansion for the sake of an expansion story wise but the amount of new stuff they showed off more than justifies it to me.

This is a post for the sake of posting, get in line with every other doomsayer, who didn't even look at the bigger picture, you just didn't get the race, class, profession you wanted so you whine on the forums making everyone else day miserable.

Seems a little premature to rule out the expansion so soon. We have a while before it releases so there is plenty of time for more announcements etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every expansion added new classes to the game.
    It's too early to know if we're getting new spells (Actually some classes are getting their raid-wide buffs back).
    What's the point of a new profession when they can't figure out how to integrate old ones properly?
    No new features? Uncharted isles and Warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    They said Azshara will be a raidboss in a patch of BfA. The Sea Priests of Kul Tiras (prominently featured in the boss design workshop panel) reek of old gods, lots of tentacle symbology there. I will be surprised if this doesn't lead to N'Zoth possibly even as final expansion raid.
    I could see Nazjatar and its environs as a later bigger zone patch similar to Argus, as a wind-up to the next expansion being Old Gods with some underground and interdimensional/interplanal zones. Or I can hope, at any rate.

Deleted
    Well, the way I look at it is that there are only so many stories left to tell in this world and once you've told them, that's it for WoW. This expansion does feel to me like a filler for something bigger admittedly but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be enjoyable.

I have to wonder if Blizzard intend to keep WoW going for a quite a few more years if we'll end up doing away with large expansions every two years and perhaps having smaller expansions and new content on a more regular basis.

Yea, you're right there is nothing new.

Except 6 new races.

2 new continents.

6 new zones.

10 new dungeons.

A new battleground.

2 new types of group/scenario content (warfronts and island expeditions).

Other than that there is nothing new in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    [...] (Actually some classes are getting their raid-wide buffs back). [...]
    Wow! Rehashed abilities, how lazy of Blizzard!

(Sorry, I couldn't help it :P)

Why would there be a new class? WE JUST FUCKING HAD ONE!
    Reminder that Legion added NO new forms of instanced pve content, it was literally just dungeons and raids.
    Battle for Azeroth adds 2 brand new forms of instanced content while also adding 10 new dungeons and a new raid.

So there are 2 features, as well as the Heart of Azeroth, and allied races.

I can't believe you just suggested they patch in an expansions worth of content for free.
    Are you fucking kidding me?? This has more content and content features than Legion. Yet you call it lazy and a cash grab.

IT LITERALLY HAS MORE IN IT THAN LEGION DID (at face value) and you are calling it lazy.

I swear you people actually have no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    I would pay 20€ for what has been presented so far no problem. Its the usual stuff, same old treadmill, more of the same. Play some dungeons, raids, a BG or two, explore new stories...

It feels like they had to hasten the plot after WoD and now they are slowing it down which is fine imo. But it really looks like a filler expansion. Atleast they could focus heavily on PVP, but I mean really make it better which wont happen :/
    You would pay $20 for more content than most AAA games just because it is the "usual stuff"
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Jesus barley even a few days and the end of the world threads are starting up again. Cant wait to see hundreds of these threads for the next upcoming months. Like every single new expansion cycle.....