Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    That's the way a complete idiot thinks.

Over time, those that are capable of removing their rose-tinted glasses will leave vanilla due to poor balancing, bad and stale end-game content, and the community will boil down to a bunch of elitist fucking retards.
    Reminds me of a certain current mmo a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sundistaya View Post
    Fair enough, can't say I remember who wished for what. I just got that feeling, because Mmo-Champion really was very, very anti-legacy like. And anti-private server, but that is (was?) a rule outside of the Nostalrius thread a year or two back.
    That's strange, I see a lot of Vanilla fanatics running around being toxic about retail for no reason.

Deleted
    Would be nice to see how they are going to tackle these "QoL" changes for classic. As far as I am aware of you couldn't buy game time with gold back then. Let's see how "authentic" the experience will be. Do you (vanilla crowd) think that you need such QoL as game time tokens? Curious for the authenticity of your choice.

Deleted
    Some things they will change im quite certain of that, i dont think it will be gamebreaking though, i really hope they dont start messing with the classes though. One thing i would like to see is improvement to the Macro section, the only way i could get a weapon swap macro to work in vanilla was with having the weapon in a specfic position in the bag. So something like that would be great if they improved other then that i dont really feel they should do much, perhaps add a questhelper since most likely everyone will Download Questie anyway.

Mostly happy though

Deleted
    Hello everyone, I have been playing vanilla since 2006 all the way to the last of wotlk. Since then i played on numerous private servers always either classic tbc or wrath.
    But what i mostly enjoyed was Vanilla. Each time I started fresh on a character I imagined his role (pvp or pve) in my mind, I thought hard for his name and envisioned the gear i would get one day. My point is you could say I’m really passionate about every aspect of vanilla. I like it the way it was and I wouldn't have it ANY OTHER WAY.

I love how you don’t have LFG and not even meeting stones and how you have to travel yourself to the instance as approaching every instance conveys much about the experience you are about to have. The first time i approached Black Rock Mountain i was so awed by the architecture, how a city can be carved in a volcano. It made so much sense to then go into that city and find dragons and flames. It all added up in my mind. (On the other hand just teleporting in a bizarre place killing some mobs and porting back to a main city cuts of every immersion aspect) I gladly give the 5 mins it takes to take a flight path to the area and ride to the instance each time.

I love how the epics where indeed "Epic" items and how you needed to really work for each and every one of them. I’m a very strong believer that personal accomplishment comes only through working hard for something; else you don’t give a damn about it. If i could be handed a full geared player in a matter of a week I’d be happy for another week but i wouldn’t mind losing him after. I wouldn’t be proud of him and i wouldn’t be proud of myself for it.

I love how you had to practically visit every zone and do every quest in order to hit level cap. You HAD to explore the game. Every inch of it, in order to get caped. This meant that you had a player base who actually populated the whole map. (Not like now, where 70% of that map is empty and only few endgame zones have player activity)

I love how the community was so tied - had to be so tied - because there was no Lfg and Lfr. you had to join a guild and advance through its ranks and become a useful asset of it in order to join its raids and get a chance at those mouthwatering epic drops. You knew most of the server and it knew you. People where loved hated and feared for who they were.

I loved World bosses!! World bosses where a refreshing event through the endless grind. You would be whacking away at naga in Azshara one day and suddenly a huge raid would develop before your eyes trying to bring a huge dragon. Maybe the other faction would try to disrupt the effort and all hell breaks loose. What a day to have. Soon Global chat would get hot and people would swarm from all over Guilds , pvpers and even some lvl 34 dwarf hunter named "Gilbert"

On to how I would like this upcoming experience to unfold for "WoW Classic" :

• No Graphics changes (personally i wouldn't mind on adding better shading and mood light but the general core graphics need to stay the same for nostalgia purposes)

• No "Balancing" the Classes, Private Servers are proof that people will play all classes at vanilla exactly how they are. Balance would entail this would be a totally different game.

• No changes at the raid numbers. Most people are fond of the 40mans for the awesome experience of having that many players needed to down a boss. Also NOSTALGIA

• No changes in PvP. (I wouldn't mind if they added a skirmish arena option , definitely not rated. but the PvP system needs to reflect the "endless grind" and effort that the rest of the game shows. ) Being High Warlord needs to mean something.

• The whole point of this post is that Except for MINUTE details, the game need to be delivered as it came with the Cd’s!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    The only thing I want is a 64-bit client, same resolutions we have on live and UI scaling.
    This. The rest will sort itself out with addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Reminds me of a certain current mmo a lot
    At least it'll receive updates and not stay in the same 1.x patch, as well as all specs being useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    I find it more likely that they DID play Vanilla and remember how fucking awful it was.
    If Vanilla was awful, WoW would never been a success.

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    That's strange, I see a lot of Vanilla fanatics running around being toxic about retail for no reason.
    It went and still goes both ways. I guess I am a bit biased, but also a lot of the pro-legacy / pro-private server talk was banned.
    Nobody gives a shit about my opinion, but I want people to enjoy retail as it is and continues to be, but I won't be playing it. For the legacy servers I want to see them start just as they were, but I will most likely be playing them however Blizzard implements them.

I'm looking forward to vanilla. I hope blizzard doesn't cave into the people who want vanilla plus sprinkles because these aren't going to be the people who support the game a month or two after release.

They can add support for modern hardware (aspect ratios, UI scaling etc), but nothing more than what you'd see in a standard "remastered" edition of something like age of empires or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    If Vanilla was awful, WoW would never been a success.
    It was really good in 2004. Now? Not so much.

Holy fuck, and people thought the pro vanilla crowd was annoying. Jesus christ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    At least it'll receive updates and not stay in the same 1.x patch, as well as all specs being useful.
    Yes, very true.
    And this is where our road splits. ill go left and you go right. Seems that in the end we both were able to pick our favourite.
    I wish you farewell brother! Im travelling now to my choice of good, and i hope from bottom of my heart that you do the same!

Will be fun running to different capitals to learn weapon skills, and then spending hours hitting low level mobs to level the skills enough to be able to do content.

Also got to remember to roll for intelllect items on hunter, and buy arrows before dungeons rather than looking stupid when you run out (also filling up bags with stacks of them) and turning into a melee hunter. Ummmm standing in stormwind offering portals and realising you've run out of portal stones and teleport stones..

Going to be a fun time playing again!!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a certain level I almost think Blizzard has anticipated the classic community to squabble over details so they only have to half ass it and say "we tried" before literally burning the every bit of official vanilla source code in a dumpster behind the building.

It's up to you guys to figure it out since Brack pretty much said they're relying on community input.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The people that are clamoring for a changed Vanilla are people who were not on the bandwagon with Legacy. Now that their all powerful god Blizzard has destroyed them, they come clamoring over here to get it changed.

Pro-Legacy Vanilla players want Vanilla, not QoL Vanilla. Might as well play retail at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    Do you (vanilla crowd) think that you need such QoL as game time tokens? Curious for the authenticity of your choice.
    I would not play WoW Classic if it had the token. Having it would be an absolute deal-breaker, and one of the ways Blizzard could completely screw up Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Yes, very true.
    And this is where our road splits. ill go left and you go right. Seems that in the end we both were able to pick our favourite.
    I wish you farewell brother! Im travelling now to my choice of good, and i hope from bottom of my heart that you do the same!
    Enjoy the good ol' days, my friend. I wish upon you the ashest of Ashbringers and many victories between Southshore and Tarren Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    Im calling it out guys, your nostalgia and desire for returning to "good old days of vanilla" are the same that will turn against you and kill you inside when classic servers open, it would be very easy for them to put the exactly same game of 2004, its obvious they will revamp some of it and maybe it will not be the same, you should be very careful with what you ask.

It's also amusing how some went "Ok, they gave us classic, now I want TBC and WotLK". I guess Vanilla wasn't good enough lol.