Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Blizzard handled it fine, I have plenty of friends who wished for High Elves in the Alliance for years, and they are VERY satisfied with Void Elves. Because they know their lore, and they understand that Void Elves, are freaking Blood/High Elves.
    I bet my left hand that they will get a normal skin color. Demon Hunters and Death Knights also have such an option so I guess why not for Void Elves. Alleria Windrunner will be the leader of the faction, and from what we've seen so far, their eyes are going to be blue, or at least close to it. How can you not be pleased? You should be thankful.

The bloody game director of WoW himself says that Blood Elves are High Elves, and people still say otherwise.
    For the Blood Elves to A) be delving into the void, B) fracturing, and C) joining the Alliance, leaving SMC to become void elves after everything they have been through the last several decades seems highly implausible and cheap to me. Maybe it's because Blood Elves have gotten so much development throughout the franchise that it seems so dumb to me that Alliance are getting a faction of them.

As someone who supports the Void Elf concept, I find this persistance to protest for High Elves to be rather annoying. I understand how Void Elves need proper background to be more well-presented, but to reject that in order to go for a conservative High Elf option instead is rather narrow-minded.

What do you expect? Protest more and more in hopes of Blizz changing their direction to High Elves instead? Then what about those who wanted Void Elves to begin with? Just give it a rest and enjoy what was given.

For your information, the game needs a Void-based race a lot more than it needs a blue-eyed conservative Blood Elf just to cater to the WC2 RTS fanbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    For the Blood Elves to A) be delving into the void, B) fracturing, and C) joining the Alliance, leaving SMC to become void elves after everything they have been through the last several decades seems highly implausible and cheap to me. Maybe it's because Blood Elves have gotten so much development throughout the franchise that it seems so dumb to me that Alliance are getting a faction of them.
    We know almost nothing yet, let's just be patient and see what their story is. Maybe it's going to be silly, maybe not. By the way, they didn't leave Silvermoon, they exiled them, at least according to the red shirt guy.

High Elves are the most boring thing they could possibly have added, so it's good that they didn't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    As someone who supports the Void Elf concept, I find this persistance to protest for High Elves to be rather annoying. I understand how Void Elves need proper background to be more well-presented, but to reject that in order to go for a conservative High Elf option instead is rather narrow-minded.

What do you expect? Protest more and more in hopes of Blizz changing their direction to High Elves instead? Then what about those who wanted Void Elves to begin with? Just give it a rest and enjoy what was given.

For your information, the game needs a Void-based race a lot more than it needs a blue-eyed conservative Blood Elf just to cater to the WC2 RTS fanbase.
    For me, it's not that I would prefer High Elves, it's that I dislike them being Blood Elves. Granted, BEs have had a shaky induction into the Horde, but every expansion further cements their position in it. I think it would be equally stupid if a faction of the Dranei suddenly decided to explore potent fel magics, were rescued by Saurfang, and joined the Horde as fel Dranei, when their development has moved them away from fel and away from the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

We know almost nothing yet, let's just be patient and see what their story is. Maybe it's going to be silly, maybe not. By the way, they didn't leave Silvermoon, they exiled them, at least according to the red shirt guy.
    True, and I think a lot of the story will come from Alleria's development which we're still missing.
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2017-11-07 at 07:04 PM. Reason: their/they're

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What do you expect? Protest more and more in hopes of Blizz changing their direction to High Elves instead?
    Voice my displeasure. I have that right. I don't think Blizzard will change its plans, but that doesn't mean I have to be fine with them.

Then what about those who wanted Void Elves to begin with?
    Who could possibly want something that didn't exist before they were announced?
    Of course, now that they announced it, someone is going to like it. But it doesn't change the fact that it was an asspull that didn't need to be created in the first place.

Just give it a rest and enjoy what was given.
    I'll enjoy as much as I can, but that does not mean I have to stay silent and pretend everything is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    oh i read it, there was a bunch of made up stories about how they COULD make a bunch of new races out of any idea, the core of your issue though, is that we got like 4 different kinds of elves now, and you dont like any of them, you want the pale ones with blue eyes, that for some reason are cooler than any idea blizzard actually has come up with and your trying to come up with ideas to make that compelling from a game perspective. still tho, the your biggest gripe is you cant roll a highelf.
    Actually, because of void elves, we now have 5 different kinds of elves. They made a new kind out of nowhere instead of developing an existing kind.

So yeah, we have five kinds of elf. One of them was created out of nowhere. The only one not playable is the one most people have been asking for 12 years. Void elves were totally uncalled for.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    No. This game does not need another moral imbeciles. High Elves wear their wrists so limp that they can be used as fans for Jaina's burning tits, or to fight against furbolg gases. High Elves ultimately are a bunch of traitors who turned back on their Prince.

This game needed dark elves, cruel and vicious. Blood Elves became lala hags at the end of wotlk with Sunwell urinating on them like menopause struck cat.

And Silver Elves? HE are already paler than NE, and so their hair are lighter. the other two options are also dirty feral and simpleton archetype ridden. Era of Legolas is gone.

Just go play BE already. They are precisely what HE are, even holier. Hell, there is even sobby story about redemption. Perfect fit for 'feelz'.

The real questions should be: will Arathor be Malekith to Alleria's Morathi? Who will be Malus or even better: who will be Lokhir considering it is sea-ish expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Blizzard handled it fine, I have plenty of friends who wished for High Elves in the Alliance for years, and they are VERY satisfied with Void Elves. Because they know their lore, and they understand that Void Elves, are freaking Blood/High Elves.
    I bet my left hand that they will get a normal skin color. Demon Hunters and Death Knights also have such an option so I guess why not for Void Elves. Alleria Windrunner will be the leader of the faction, and from what we've seen so far, their eyes are going to be blue, or at least close to it.
    How can people still not be pleased? They should be thankful.

The bloody game director of WoW himself says that Blood Elves are High Elves, and people still say otherwise.
    I wouldn't say that race that is complete asspull is "fine". They make as much sense as subrace as "Old god tissue covered orcs". I still think that whole high elves on alliance was can of beans that should have been left unopened. Regardless of degree.

Imagine what could have been. If horde was given nightborne and alliance high elves.. Imagine the faction conflict.. Nigh elves and High elves together against Nightborne and Blood elves.. That would be too perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Imagine what could have been. If horde was given nightborne and alliance high elves.. Imagine the faction conflict.. Nigh elves and High elves together against Nightborne and Blood elves.. That would be too perfect.
    then it would be world of elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    then it would be world of elves
    Well i only exchanged void elf for high elf. Is it not world of elves now?

I honestly wouldn't want Blizz to add any more elf races after these. As much as I love nelves, belves and helves, there's so much beyond elves. I want to play as a Mok'Nathal, tuskarr, furbolg, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I honestly wouldn't want Blizz to add any more elf races after these. As much as I love nelves, belves and helves, there's so much beyond elves. I want to play as a Mok'Nathal, tuskarr, furbolg, etc.
    It would be really ridiculous if we get more elves before some of the more obvious choices like Mag'har or Wildhammers or others.

I would even love it more if we get playable Burning Legion than more elves!!

I think your language is a little suspect. Defining High Elves as a 'moral' people welcomes misinterpretation. They have an ironclad set of values - a set of internal laws that they will not easily violate. But they are far from a 'virtuous' or 'good' people. High Elves are obstinate, uncompromising, brutal, yet collected. They have no problem slaying their kin in cold blood if they think they are justified. When wronged, they will not stop until they've satisfied their vengeance. But their values would never allow them to betray an ally or corrupt themselves. That, I think, is the High Elf fantasy.

The path they're walking Void Elves down is a little strange. When I first saw them in the trailer, my first thought was 'cool, they're letting us roll Forsaken Elves.' The skin tone, eyes, and dark markings all do a lot to recall Sylvanas or Death Knights. I was pretty skeptical of the chrraces leak, but I suspected (as did most people), if Void Elves DID become a thing, they'd probably be all smoke and purple shinies in combat, and have an OOC transform into a High Elf with purple (instead of blue) eyes. My hope was that they might have an altogether unique look, based off of the Silvermoon guard or Nozdormu, with some neat (optional?) customization like shiny purple hands. As someone who plays both factions, I look at Void Elves and think, 'okay, I'd be into playing that on Horde, but I'm not really interested in playing it on Alliance'

Thematically, I agree - Alliance Blood Elves is the last thing anyone (much less a High Elf supporter) would want. I think folks have wanted to play as part of the group that we've seen as the vanguard of the Alliance in multiple expansions, the loyal elves at its core that never wavered. That doesn't necessarily mean Silver Covenant - you've still got a significant civilian population in Stormwind (which, lorewise, was the largest High Elf pop pre-Wrath), then a bunch of displaced Theramore survivors who are probably starting to feel pretty desperate.

But, I thought the story already did a pretty good job setting up the possibility for more Void users (if not necessarily Elves). You've got decades of unclaimed history on Outland, and a millennium of Army of Light History in the Twisting Nether, from which we only have a couple of greatest hits. Turalyon and Alleria stepped through the Nether independently, but there's nothing that says other chapters of the Sons of Lothar couldn't have done the same in all this time. Then, you've got Locus Walker and Lothraxxion mentioning the many who've tried and failed to master Void. You've got eeeeevil ethereals in Mac'Aree conducting experiments on unwilling subjects. There's a perfect set up built into the story - High Elves from the Sons of Lothar, escaping the destruction of Draenor (or maybe even accessory to the Army of Light), are captured by ethereals and (through no fault of their own) infused with void over centuries. Alleria manages to discover and redeem them - boom! Void Elves.

A bunch of back alley creeps playing with Void in Silvermoon just feels weird.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    A bunch of back alley creeps playing with Void in Silvermoon just feels weird.
    Basically this. So far they seem to be a cult that drank the Kool-Aid but were saved at the last minute by their AA sponsor.

What is the debate here? that blizzard could do something else?
    they wanted to give them something that is a different flavor, something that would radically differentiate them from the blood elves and that in turn would allow them to give the alliance the blood elf model.

Then it happened Alleria and the power of the void could now give the alliance the blood elf model that is different (vamp skin) but in the lore it would be rare for the high elves to use void magic.
    I hope they give us blue eyes as characteristics for blood elves

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It would be really ridiculous if we get more elves before some of the more obvious choices like Mag'har or Wildhammers or others.

I would even love it more if we get playable Burning Legion than more elves!!
    Yeah, would love to see mag'har (probably from AU Draenor; maybe one of the extinct clans?) or Mok'Nathal for orcs. For goblins, maybe gilgoblins or vulpera? Mechanized or sand (?) gnomes. Vrykul for humans? Emerald Dream (Nelf) Worgen or maybe even a race that uses the worgen skeleton like saberon or dragonmen

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Sure its possible for blizzard to make some random high elf village, but honestly having a group of blood elfs start dabbling with void magic and getting exiled makes far more sense than a random village. Blood elves are known to be addicted to magic its only natural a group of them eventually found the void, its also only natural that after the restoration of the sunwell and the BE's trying to turn over a new leaf they are very weary of these void magic elves and as a result kick them out.No where else to go and hearing the return of alleria who know practices void magic....... you know the rest.

I mean its pretty obvious you just want High elves in the Alliance, i dont at all.
    Io said in the interview, that there is no high elf secret or unknown population

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I think that blizzard was really trying to play with the Light vs Void fantasy they have been building since chronicle here more than anything and not to deliver the high elven fantasy, to be honest.
    I hope they give us golden eye color as a feature of personalization and we have a new faction called beloredorei (the name exists in the lore)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Io said in the interview, that there is no high elf secret or unknown population

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they give us golden eye color as a feature of personalization and we have a new faction called beloredorei (the name exists in the lore)
    Sun elves? Never heard of those in a wow context

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Sun elves? Never heard of those in a wow context
    when lorthemar was added to ranger lord in the speech of sylvanas.

blood of the highborne novella

belono sil'aru, belore'dorei (Shoulder your burdens well, child of the sun)