15+ Year Old Account
    Pyra is so hot when she transforms fugggg

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The hilarious part is Nintendo actually has /r/NS thinking this game is bigger then X(which makes BoTW look like a playground). They even showed the full map of a continent in the direct and it's a fucking corridor FFX/FFXIII style map and not open world at all.
    It's clear, much like zelda, the game is not done but hey they can sell the rest of it as over charged dlc. 30 fucking dollars for random side quests and 1 blade and some random story dlc that won't be ready til Dec 2018.

and rNS is eating it up "the games already 100+ hours so this is great" "it's better than loot boxes" like bitch no stfu

- - - Updated - - -

and on top of that that have to advertise dual audio as free dlc like wut, you can just fucking say the game has dual audio, don't try and make it sound like some extra feature that should cost money but your giving it to us for free
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The hilarious part is Nintendo actually has /r/NS thinking this game is bigger then X(which makes BoTW look like a playground). They even showed the full map of a continent in the direct and it's a fucking corridor FFX/FFXIII style map and not open world at all.
    I should point out the original Xenoblade is very much the same. But unlike FFXII, the corridors are very large and spacious and the closed in areas usually have a large number of branching corridors, either to go a different way or to hide things.

I think what it is, is a lot of people still have X on the mind since it was the last Xenoblade game, and it itself was open world.

Or maybe it was the constant calling of the original open world when it wasn't by multiple people (including Chuggaaconroy, who made the game much more popular due to his LP).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's clear, much like zelda, the game is not done but hey they can sell the rest of it as over charged dlc. 30 fucking dollars for random side quests and 1 blade and some random story dlc that won't be ready til Dec 2018.

and rNS is eating it up "the games already 100+ hours so this is great" "it's better than loot boxes" like bitch no stfu
    HOW CAN WE TELL IF IT'S INCOMPLETE IF WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN OUT HANDS ON IT YET.

Seriously...

Also, the original Xenoblade was about a 40 hour game when you are only doing enough side quests/grinding to make sure you can beat the game, while actually completing the game is around 80-100 hours. If the original was about that long, I expect 2 to be about as long.

- - - Updated - - -

and on top of that that have to advertise dual audio as free dlc like wut, you can just fucking say the game has dual audio, don't try and make it sound like some extra feature that should cost money but your giving it to us for free
    The reason why they are advertising it as free DLC is the same reason they did for Fire Emblem Warriors. It's not on the cart.

And some folks who have the original game are probably spoiled because the original had the Japanese voice acting on the disc. I know the 3DS remake didn't, and I don't think the Wii U VC one didn't, but don't quote me on the latter.

And X didn't either.

It IS free DLC though.

Persona 5 did the same with their dual audio, I didn't see any complaints about that. Are we really at the point where we're gonna start nitpicking companies for adding dual audio which people have been asking for in JRPGs for an extremely long time now?

it's getting a bit old claiming that any DLC=the game isn't finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    any DLC=the game isn't finished yet.
    Well when they literally say you're getting quests that add to the main story a month after the game comes out what do you call that?

Some of the dlc like the late 2018 shit is probably fine and might even be a real expansion but the shit above and Nintendo AGAIN locking a difficulty option behind paid DLC is literally a terrible practice.

It's pretty clear Nintendo was not happy with the Xeno series as stands selling 800k-1mil copies and needed a shorter turn around and a way to monetize the game post launch.

X had like 5 characters and their quest lines locked behind DLC and they where ready for day 1 basically, people forget about it because NoA included them for free in the western release but it's not like they don't already have a shakey track record on Xeno series DLC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-07 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It IS free DLC though.

Persona 5 did the same with their dual audio, I didn't see any complaints about that. Are we really at the point where we're gonna start nitpicking companies for adding dual audio which people have been asking for in JRPGs for an extremely long time now?

it's getting a bit old claiming that any DLC=the game isn't finished yet.
    maybe hold your fucking horse and reread what I said. I got nothing against dual audio, it's advertising that it's free and making it sound like a feature that should of been paid for. Just advertise it as a feature of the game not a feature of DLC.
    HOW CAN WE TELL IF IT'S INCOMPLETE IF WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN OUT HANDS ON IT YET.
    MAYBE CAUSE YOU CAN FUCKING PRE ORDER THE DLC BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN FINISHED

uh DUH
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

uh DUH
    Um...that literally means nothing. All that means is that they've already laid plans for their post-launch DLC.

Which pretty much every game puts in place before they actually launch, because it requires longer term planning and pre-production that usually begins before the game actually ships.

You're jumping to some very silly conclusions and getting upset over literally nothing.

Well when they literally say you're getting quests that add to the main story a month after the game comes out what do you call that?

Some of the dlc like the late 2018 shit is probably fine and might even be a real expansion but the shit above and Nintendo AGAIN locking a difficulty option behind paid DLC is literally a terrible practice.
    I call that stupidity. It doesn't mean the game itself isn't finish, it just means it's stupid as hell of a move.

I mean, it could end up being something doesn't really change much, do we know the details of what the quests are yet? Could be something that just artificially extends the game rather than being actual plot.

And yes, difficulty is also dumb to have as DLC. Not disagreeing on that.

I think the late 2018 stuff is probably too far away for people to end up caring enough to start the game back up again though.

maybe hold your fucking horse and reread what I said. I got nothing against dual audio, it's advertising that it's free and making it sound like a feature that should of been paid for. Just advertise it as a feature of the game not a feature of DLC.
    It doesn't make it sound like that at all. DLC isn't always paid for. It's just how you're taking it it seems. Hence why I don't get why you'd raise hell about that even, it's something people have wanted for a long time, why does it matter if they label it as free DLC? There's tons of free DLC with other games.

uh DUH
    Then...don't if you don't think it's worth it? Yet again, just because you CAN preorder it now doesn't mean the game isn't finished.

Hell, some of it isn't coming out until half a year away, you really think that's stuff that was going to be in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Um...that literally means nothing. All that means is that they've already laid plans for their post-launch DLC.

Which pretty much every game puts in place before they actually launch, because it requires longer term planning and pre-production that usually begins before the game actually ships.

You're jumping to some very silly conclusions and getting upset over literally nothing.
    Well once again, he may be overreacting but they did literally say the season pass includes quests that add to the main story coming out a month after the game releases.

If that's not the definition of cut content then idk what is. If it's not then Nintendo needs to fire the person who worded it that way, because they literally said "hey here is cut content a month after game comes out we're charging you for!". The real value in the season pass won't come until damn near a year after the game comes out and they're basically making you preorder it year in advance to get content they cut from the base game. That's what it looks like to me tbh.

Well once again, he may be overreacting but they did literally say the season pass includes quests that add to the main story coming out a month after the game releases.

If that's not the definition of cut content then idk what is. If it's not then Nintendo needs to fire the person who worded it that way, because they literally said "hey here is cut content a month after game comes out we're charging you for!". The real value in the season pass won't come until damn near a year after the game comes out and they're basically making you preorder it year in advance to get content they cut from the base game. That's what it looks like to me tbh.
    The problem is we can't tell whether it's actually finished but cut before release, cut because of time constraints and then finished later, or actually made after the game was finished, unless one of the devs comes out and says it.

Ultimately, we are going to have to pick up the game and play it and feel if the DLC was actually needed for the story or if the content just adds to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The problem is we can't tell whether it's actually finished but cut before release, cut because of time constraints and then finished later, or actually made after the game was finished, unless one of the devs comes out and says it.

Ultimately, we are going to have to pick up the game and play it and feel if the DLC was actually needed for the story or if the content just adds to the experience.
    They already have a history of charging for cut content with the 5 DLC characters and their quest lines in the X Japanese release, some of their storylines we're actually pretty damn important to the world building of the game as well. People may forget about that because they where on disc and unlocked in the western release, when they where literally on disc dlc in the Japanese release.

So yea, not much faith that they didn't just cut tiny bits of content here and there to drip feed to season pass owners while they develop the actual expansion.

Zelda DLC pack 1 is 100% cut content

They already have a history of charging for cut content with the 5 DLC characters and their quest lines in the X Japanese release, some of their storylines we're actually pretty damn important to the world building of the game as well. People may forget about that because they where on disc and unlocked in the western release, when they where literally on disc dlc in the Japanese release.

So yea, not much faith that they didn't just cut tiny bits of content here and there to drip feed to season pass owners while they develop the actual expansion.
    I think the main thing here is, is did it feel like the game was missing something when you played it, and thinking back on it, the DLC characters, despite being clear cut content, didn't make me feel like I was missing anything from the story, they felt like actual addons to the already great world building of X. Although, that's also a consequence of X's design, since most quests were skippable if you just wanted to do the main story. But why would you do that.

Again, it's going to be whether it feels like something is missing, or if a questline doesn't have a resolution, or feels like it ends too quickly, and then bam, DLC allows for resolution, like say MGS5 or FFXV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Zelda DLC pack 1 is 100% cut content
    Not necessarily. Hard mode in BotW is not just a simple increased damage and more health for enemies, it's putting enemies in places they weren't before, scatter floating platforms in your way, etc. And th Trial of the Sword, while it does reuse assets, still required a bit a effort to make.

And the warp amulet, and the tracker could have been, "hey, people need help finding everything. Let's put these debug tools as DLC, so they can find everything and buy the DLC."

And besides, they aren't going to tell us what was cut for DLC until years from now. And we probably won't find out until dataminers get their claws into the game and see what was missing.

Managed to complete Odyssey 100% after 40+ hours. Great game, I was gonna get Sonic Forces next but it sounds like I should wait for a discount.

https://youtu.be/lz-FCuGduuQ

You probably shouldn't buy Sonic Forces at full price anyways unless you're massive Sonic fan and can't help yourself but in case anyone was still on the fence about it you definitely do not want to buy the Switch version. Massive visual downgrade over the other versions, and to run at half the framerate.
    My god that looks absolutely atrocious in some places on the Switch.

So they downscale it to 720P and 30fps and it looks considerably worse?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/xe...n-feature.aspx

Monolith is still dedicated to providing a lengthy RPG. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has only 10 chapters, and when I was brought into chapter four we were only around the 45-hour mark. "As you may or may not have expected, the playtime required to beat this game is a little on the high side," Takahashi says. "If you just play the mainline story, there's still enough to probably be comparable to Xenoblade 1, but like in past Xeno series, if you are just playing the main story, there might be times where you encounter a boss or an enemy that's actually a little bit too tough or very tough for you to beat. I strongly recommend taking side roads, taking the time to explore different areas, defeating monsters, picking up items, leveling your character up, [and] doing quests."

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Managed to complete Odyssey 100% after 40+ hours. Great game, I was gonna get Sonic Forces next but it sounds like I should wait for a discount.
    If you haven't i would just get Sonic Mania instead. From what i've seen its looking like a competitor with Sonic '06 as the worst sanic game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you haven't i would just get Sonic Mania instead. From what i've seen its looking like a competitor with Sonic '06 as the worst sanic game.
    Possibly the worst Sonic game made by Sonic Team up there with 06 yes but the worst Sonic game is Sonic Boom Wii U, not even fucking close. No matter how much Sonic Team fucks up they can't meet the pinnacle of incompetence that Big Red Button did with that game.

From what I seen of Sonic Forces it's fun to play, it's just it's literally 4 hours worth of content and anything past that is you replaying levels. They spent 4 years to play 4 hours of gameplay LMFAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    About Sonic Forces. Sseems its a short 4-6 hour game thats average/okay in terms of quality. Its also 40 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    About Sonic Forces. Sseems its a short 4-6 hour game thats average/okay in terms of quality. Its also 40 bucks.
    And for how much it's been downscaled on Switch looks absolutely atrocious in some parts. The Digital Foundry video Tech linked clearly shows it.

Which begs the question. How is Doom going to look? And how much downscaling will be done to FF15 if they want it on the Switch?