Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think there's only one fix vanilla should get and that's the option for personal loot so you can avoid loot drama if you choose to.

That said... I have no intention playing vanilla servers. I did so 12 years ago.
    LMFAO YOU WANT PERSONAL LOOT IN VANILLA.

Jfc you people make my sides -hurt-. And just to point out, I'm not saying it's a bad idea or I don't like it.

It's just amazing to me that, suddenly because classic is on the table, making classic better is somehow also on the table. You guys know we are talking about classic Lazy Blizzard here, right?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I love that this thread is filled with people saying "I want classic with no changes, except this one little thing."

Classic should be released exactly the way it was at the final 1.0 patch. No QoL changes, no rebalancing. Let there be bugs. Let there be hijinx.

Deleted
    This is my biggest gripe with it, been following trade chat since it was announced.
    pretty much every response is "i cant wait to play, but hope they add X feature"
    if it wasnt in vanilla it shouldnt be on a vanilla server
    one guy even said he wanted pet battles. arch, inscription and flying...

I'm pretty sure I want Vanilla, not French Vanilla or what have you.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    I love that this thread is filled with people saying "I want classic with no changes, except this one little thing."

Classic should be released exactly the way it was at the final 1.0 patch. No QoL changes, no rebalancing. Let there be bugs. Let there be hijinx.
    I disagree, it should be released like it was at vanilla launch and slowly progress patch launches through vanilla. Make it a spectacle.

That's really the only way to recreate the spectacle that was vanilla, fundamentally.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem I'm worried about is..

There are almost no devs from the original Vanilla experience.

So, what if the devs decide that they want ALL the specs to be viable in most content? Not just ONLY warrior tanks, but druid and paladin tanks as well.

Or that they decide to make it to where Fire elementals aren't highly resistant to fire and immune to bleeds/poisons, but weaker to frost?

It remains to be seen how they do it. I personally think the best way would be to start at the very beggining, and then update it with the exact same updates released at the exact same times as it goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    I'm pretty sure I want Vanilla, not French Vanilla or what have you.
    Awwww, but now that you guys got what you wanted, you can't stand a couple minor conveniences?

After all that time of fighting Blizzard cracking down on vaniller servers only to shit on them for bringing in french vaniller. You guys are the best customers =).

Deleted
    Vanilla wow and tbc were the best gaming years of my life. But what made the game so great for me and others was the people i was playing with.

I really wish i will have the same kind of experience on classic server, but the community .. Meaby it's because im 37 now, but i'm not very confident ..

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I disagree, it should be released like it was at vanilla launch and slowly progress patch launches through vanilla. Make it a spectacle.

That's really the only way to recreate the spectacle that was vanilla, fundamentally.
    I'm fine with that too approach as well. What I find silly are the calls for changes that affect actual game play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    You mean die down completely? Once people tried it knew what it was, most would go back to the current expansion.
    Could be good. There is so much nostalgia.

Just wait until people start saying "classic sucks but BC was great". And if they get Sunwell - "well, BC sucks but WOTLK was best thing ever, i swear".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you making the mistake of thinking that a handful of people on the forums are a good representation of everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I agree,

I hope Blizzard will release Vanilla only, without any modification to the code.

If Blizzard change 1 single thing, I'm sorry but you arent playing Vanilla.
    Yeah, because god knows there weren't any patches or hotfixes in Vanilla. Code should be as-is, from second 1 of launch. Anything other than that isn't Vanilla. Because Reemi says so!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I have the means to "improve the Vanilla experience"? Cool, I didn't know I worked at Blizzard or had the means to change their game. And my brain doesn't work? Hahaha. Have a look at these "Let's change Vanilla" threads and see just how wrong and inept you are. You'll find it's your brain that is seriously lacking in its ability to understand basic stuff. People don't want to improve Vanilla. People want Vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. Pretty easy concept to grasp.
    I like how contradictory your thought process is here. "Have a look at these 'Let's change Vanilla' threads" or "People want Vanilla, nothing more, nothing less". Clearly there isn't a consensus otherwise these threads wouldn't exist. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh that dl comic reminded me of vanilla alterac valley :-D How do you feel about that? I recall some of them even lasted a few days! I wouldn't mind it personally as it was.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

what is the extent of 'fixed'?

bugs? fixing the duping methods? fixing the ability to dc people at will with mind control?

balance? fixing the ability to kill most classes with ease as a naked rogue? fixing the crazy amount of cc mages has? fixing 1 minute sheeps?

convenience? customisation?

I don't know what 'fixed' means. Thats an insanely vague term. Thats like "fix pvp pls"

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet everyone goes back to Private Servers cuz it's not what they expected.

It's probably gonna be polished vanilla with modern graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Awwww, but now that you guys got what you wanted, you can't stand a couple minor conveniences?

After all that time of fighting Blizzard cracking down on vaniller servers only to shit on them for bringing in french vaniller. You guys are the best customers =).
    I can't hear your point over how self-righteous you are.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Vanilla wow and tbc were the best gaming years of my life. But what made the game so great for me and others was the people i was playing with.

I really wish i will have the same kind of experience on classic server, but the community .. Meaby it's because im 37 now, but i'm not very confident ..
    You are the problem too. Your not the same, neither am i. I went from 6 raids/week + many hours of farming to 1-2 raids and breaks...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Oh that dl comic reminded me of vanilla alterac valley :-D How do you feel about that? I recall some of them even lasted a few days! I wouldn't mind it personally as it was.
    vanilla AV was terrible because nobody wanted to win - everyone was just there to farm each other for drops and rep, the free weapon and the pretty decent exp.

vanilla AV was basically a WPVP zone with objectives (sort of like how they're describing these new islands in BFA), but in an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm digging the idea of Classic servers, but I'd actually prefer Classic Progression servers like EQ did.

Essentially the servers launch as if it's day 1 classic (except with all bug fix patches applied from the start). After enough players have cleared Onyxia and Molten Core however many times, Blackwing Lair opens. Once enough clear that, Anh'Qiraj event triggers. So on and so forth until Naxxramas.

Now, once enough people have completed Naxxramas, the server can then unlock TBC and it's the same thing all over again.

The servers allowed for progression through all the expansions up to a point, I think. I think the Progression Servers had a stop point where they stayed there instead of accessing additional expansions.

Bit different than the straight Classic servers, which I assume will have, at least eventually, up to Naxxramas and no further.
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if we get that in a few years if Classic is successful. What I wouldn't give to have a progression server up until the end of TLK. Wouldn't make much sense to keep going after.