Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Let me guess...another Sylvanas fanboi that thinks she would never hurt a fly unless provoked?

Genn took her immortality from her, and now that we don't have the Legion gunning for us how easier of a master stroke against Genn than to cause his people to lose a second home?
    And again you lost by name calling stop beeing such a immature brat. I really hate playing alliance cause of alliance players like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    History is repeating... (and that part had not been removed from the game later?) but, we cannot exclude N'zoth intrusion. Who lead this Council, who inspire them?
    Someone linked to N'zoth? Just like happens before with Kel'Thuzad and his Cult...

Could be Wrathion as well, could be one of the Council in disguise and at the same time be himself on Ally side...

But first, are we sure Wrathion will be part of this expansion? In an interview dev team talk about him: They have talked about plans for Wrathion for various other things, but currently have no plans for him in BfA.

Also, maybe the Teldrassil destruction is not just a way to ignite a war... Teldrassill look like a torch...

"Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.".. the keys are the pillar of creation, but the torchs maybe are the World Trees?

G'Hanir, Vordrassil are gone, Shala'drassil has been corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare... Teldrassil is burned, just Nordrassil, the original World Tree, is left... by now.
    I was thinking of the trees being the torches, when I saw that picture of Teldrassil and they tried burning down Nordrassil too. But the others did not burn, so I just thought I'm maybe thinking too much into that. But... I agree, it's a thought you could have. ;D

I think in an interview they said Wrathion won't be in this expansion even tho he was spotted in Stormwind next to Alliance leaders on Blizzcon's demo.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Or Y'Shaarj. Y'Shaarj is believed to be dead but we never actually got to face him/her. I could see that being the twist at the end of the expansion. We defeat N'Zoth thinking we've finally ended the Old Gods but it's revealed that Wrathion is Y'Shaarj. Y'Shaaj's heart was in Pandaria the same place we meet Wrathion.

It's also worth noting that N'Zoth is known to be the weakest of the Old Gods so it would be weird if the last one we face happens to be the weakest. Doesn't seem like much of a threat if we've already killed 2 stronger Old Gods. Y'Shaarj is the most powerful of the Old Gods.

My friend we have been tricked to think N’zoth is weak, he is the most powerful of the old gods. N’zoth Can’t be weak if he himself has created some of the most powerful people in lore, Azshara and the Naga, The Emerald Nightmare, and we learned he was responsible for corrupting Deathwing at the end of Cata. He is the epitome of madness and known as the Corrupter. Someone with his power has taught us as “Azorothians” we may not even know he exists, why would he let us know who he is and how strong he is only to allow us to prepare for him? The Corrupter is smarter than that. With all of the known old gods dead except N’zoth, with Sargeras’ fear of an old god corrupting a titan. Which will help the void take over Azeroth's mind and body to become an unstoppable force. That alone is enough evidence to prove N’zoth is more of a dangerous foe than that of the Legion and Sargeras might. We killed C’thun, the titans killed Y’Shaarj, we got help to kill an image of Yogg-Saron (he could still be alive we do t have enough evidence yet to say otherwise), the only way to defeat N’zoth was it imprison him. The God of the Deep, don’t underestimate him.

It’s entirely plausible to think Sylvanas blew up Tel’drassil, it could have easily been framed by the old gods as well, and I think we can scratch wraithion off the list considering blizzard normally doesn’t lie about things they aren’t doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.

My theory is that the tree was corrupted by old gods like the world tree in grizzly hills so we burned it cause it was going to infect the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    TIL wrathion is still a whelp
    #TeamSylvanas

It'd be pretty funny if we find out Wrathion's behind it all an Thrall shoots a laser at him too. The devs did say Thrall is coming back into the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And again you lost by name calling stop beeing such a immature brat. I really hate playing alliance cause of alliance players like you.
    Your post oozes with irony, but I don't expect you to get why.

7+ Year Old Account
    ..... That would be very wierd and make no sense.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said they have no plans for Wrathion right now. Burning down a capital constitutes plans I think.

It's literally on the front page as I write this post.
    • They have talked about plans for Wrathion for various other things, but currently have no plans for him in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernobyll View Post
    I have reconsidered my position. I stood that the alliance hit the Horde first in BfA (or previously) and caused the battle, but the truth is: the Alliance didn't hit first the Horde this time. Neither the Horde hit the Alliance.

It wouldn't make sense to Anduin to attack Lordaeron, even with Genn influence. He would be above that.
    It wouldn't make any sense for the Horde to simply retaliate and burn down Teldrassil. I would expect them to hit hard back at Stormwind if that was the case.

And why the Horde didn't burn Teldrassil at first? Some said it would be strategic to not have an Alliance capital closer to Orgrimmar. But Sylvannas is not in Orgrimmar. She shits in Undercity. Why would she mess with the Alliance in Kallimdor just to have the entire Alliance marching to get her? She is way too clever to do this.
    It is not even strategic to hit Teldrassil. It is too far away from both Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar.

Why would Wrathion then burn down Teldrassil?

Well, here is how it starts.

He wanted Varian to destroy the Horde and "unite" the world under the banner of the alliance (probably he wanted the horde dead anyway).

Wrathion lured Sylvanas and setup things to make look like the Horde burned down Teldrassil, among other things. He has enough power to incinerate Teldrassil, no doubt. She may even try to stop him, knowing what that will lead. How can she explain herself to the Alliance? They still think she betrayed them at Broken Shore. Would anyone listen to her? Genn? Her sisters?

Further evidences: In the demo played at Blizzcon, Wrathion is in Stormwind along with the Alliance leaders.
    Is he also in Orgrimmar? Answer is short: no.

Remember Wrathion words: "Next time, I will leave nothing to chance".
    What would make a war escalation without causing much problems to the alliance? Maybe burn down Teldrassil, why not? Wouldn't be reasonable to hit back the Horde HARD after they burned Teldrassil down?

Wrathion is, after all, a Black Dragon, and has manipulated both Alliance and Horde before. Why not do it again?

Given the facts, this is very acceptable.
    Well the Burning Legion is over. Why would Wrathion do anything now? He did absolutely nothing during the entirety of Legion. His motivation during Pandaria was to stop the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Is it?

We've seen the prologue of the new novel, she's talking about attacking Stormwind before the army has had a chance to rest after the fight against the Legion. And all because Genn stopped her from enslaving Eyir for her own selfish reasons? (Yes, I'm calling bullshit on her wanting more Val'kyr to raise more Forsaken, she wants them to keep taking her place in hell.)
    I don't think you really understand Sylvanas' character, or the Forsaken. From the moment Nerzhul's power waned in WCIII and undead started breaking out of his grasp, Sylvanas dedicated her cursed existence to exacting revenge on Arthas. The other undead who began to roam freely had no purpose and nothing left for them on this world, so Sylvanas gave them purpose. She told them who was responsible, and promised that if they fell in line behind her, she would help all of them have their revenge. Thus, the Forsaken were born.

Every action from that point up through the end of WotLK and the death of Arthas in ICC was single-mindedly focused on that revenge. Sure she was fueled by her own personal hatred, but she also carried a nation on her back through the one thing that united all of them (in many ways, the only thing any of them had left) - revenge.

After the fall of the Lich King, Sylvanas felt she had no purpose. She leaped to her death from the top of ICC, impaling herself on saronite spikes. Between states of undeath and true-death, she was approached by the first Valkyr to join her side; who, among other things, showed her that she still had a purpose. She felt responsible for these people who she had banded together and the nation she had forged for them. They looked to her for guidance and leadership in a world that was taken from them in death, and which now saw them as monsters. They are more than just a resource to her now, and have been for a long time.

As for finding new Valkyr and immortality... you have to understand that prior to undeath, Sylvanas was an immortal high elf. If she hadn't been killed by Arthas, or fallen in some other battle, she would still be alive today regardless. In seeking to take back what was taken from her and her people, it makes sense as to why Sylvanas would see immortality as part of that goal. The Forsaken, however, were the humans of Lordaeron before being raised into undeath. Immortality is not something they necessarily value or even want, and this is reflected in the excerpt from the BfA prequel novel (a council has assumed leadership within the Undercity, and among their concerns, is a resentment of Sylvanas' work to achieve immortality for Forsaken).

Personally I would like to see some of the high elves who fell alongside Sylvanas during the storming of Quel'thalas raised into undeath as the Allied Race for the Forsaken. I would totes play an undead elf, and lore-wise I think they would be much more interested in Sylvanas' new goal.

Anduin sieging Undercity: It could be just retaliation from attacking Gilneas? And they want to take back a former stronghold? Either that or she's hiding or have captured someone?

Teldrassil on fire: Could be just the council on the south shore (even if we killed most of them during lvl15-ish questing) that shemed a coup. (with Domcallers everywhere, they could just spy, gatter informations while the Night Elf heroes are at war against the Legion.

Wrathion: I like idea, it would give him some purpose finally and continuity.

Wrathion is an agent of the old gods. He strengthened us in Mists, preparing us for the inevitable final destruction of the Burning Legion. Who are the sworn enemies of the Burning Legion? The old gods. Now that they are out of the way, and we have been weakened by an extended war on Argus, it is time to subvert the temporary treaty of the Alliance and the Horde. He exploits his romantic relationship with Anduin and his relationship with the Horde to ignite a faction war. He sets the fire. He puts the bug in a formally peace-loving Anduin (now the leader of the Alliance, mind you) to strike back at Lordaeron. When the Alliance and Horde are at their weakest, the old gods will strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's gonna be Nomi...
    My sources tell me that he was invited to Darnassus to cook a feast for Tyrande & Malfurion renewing their wedding vows and he accidentally burns the tree down.