Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    mop had no horde love? an entire raid happened in orgrimmar...
    how exactly is attacking your own city and warchief and people supposed to be love?

Not everyone abides by S and M
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    how exactly is attacking your own city and warchief and people supposed to be love?

Not everyone abides by S and M
    Because a civil war is clearly an act of love
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Also if it makes you feel better it seems like Saurfang has his biggest role in the game yet and he is the Orc leader as well as Thrall who is supposed to be making his return.
    likewise trolls - Zandalari
    Tauren/Baine - Highmountain
    Hopefully orcs with soon to be inc brown orcs

plenty of tibits of development for the original members of the horde
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    mop had no horde love? an entire raid happened in orgrimmar...
    Yeah, you were raiding Orgrimmar. How do you people even convince yourselves that that's Horde love? Like, I'm convinced that it takes a genius to convince themselves of something so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    also Garrosh was literally the focal point of MoP, and the catalyst of WoD which was a god damn orc expansion. Stop your whining or unsub, we dont care.
    Please explain the jawdropping argument of how ousting your Warchief, raiding your capital, and then going back in time to kill all of your heroes is somehow even remotely pro-Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    But what the hell? What the hell happened to the real underdogs, the roots of the Horde?
    In all seriousness, the Horde died once that started pushing the 'multiculti "Horde be a family mon" band of underdogs' nonsense. That doesn't describe the Horde from Orcs and Humans all the way up to Garrosh, but once the Darkspear Rebellion kicks off, the angle is shoehorned in, and the writers pretend it was there the entire time by twisting themes from WCIII.

Obviously that doesn't sit well with players, which is why so many people hated Warchief Vol'jin. Where has that left us though? With Sylvanas. She's better than Vol'jin, her "Horde" is better than the Horde from the Darkspear Rebellion to Vol'jin's death, but it's not the Horde. I sympathize, but unless we get another proper Orc character to pick up the mantle of Warchief and influence the Horde as a whole, she's the best we have.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Like, I'm convinced that it takes a genius to convince themselves of something so stupid
    obviously nothing will show Blizzs love of the Alliance more than garona assassinating every racial leader

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Because a civil war is clearly an act of love
    na, its just the easiest kind of story for Blizzs kinda stories.

Why we had another rebellion storyline with Suramar. Rebellion instantly makes someone an underdog and instantly a hero. Easy peasy.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    likewise trolls - Zandalari
    Tauren/Baine - Highmountain
    Hopefully orcs with soon to be inc brown orcs

plenty of tibits of development for the original members of the horde
    I could see Frostwolf Orcs being a thing since they are really the only Orcs that never joined the Iron Horde. Since we helped save Draenor I could see them returning the favor by sending some of them our way. Who would be their leader? Can't be Durotan because he (and Grom) are too important to Draenor but I could see Thrall leading them especially since he is Durotan's son.

And we even know what their fancy transmog could be:
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-08 at 02:44 AM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde has had too many Elves since TBC. More people should play the classic Horde races.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I wouldn't think so, no. The Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren are front and center for BfA - Saurfang got a pretty huge portrayal in the cinematic, and the only Forsaken or Elf depicted was Sylvanas (understandable as she's the current Warchief of the Horde). The primary action for the Horde is taking place on Zandalar featuring a pretty heavy Troll aesthetic - and the Forsaken themselves have lost their home and will have to relocate elsewhere. Of the allied races joining the Horde one is a new subset of Elves, but the other two are subsets of "classic" races in the form of Trolls and Tauren.

If anything, BfA promises to bring Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren back into definite prominence. The Blood Elves and Forsaken will certainly have a role, but I doubt it will be one that eclipses or even holds a candle to the more martial members of the Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Orcs were the focal point for quite a while. It's somewhat interesting for them to step back and another race to get some stage time. Hell, I wish the same would happen Alliance side.
    it will never happen there
    only love will go to humans
    before ,now and forever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Garrosh was a homicidal maniac, Vol'jin was a lame duck, and Sylvanas is a homicidal maniac...I don't think they know what to do with the Horde in general after Thrall stood down...Trolls still don't have a leader to replace Vol'jin since he took over as Warchief, if I recall. Forsaken don't have anyone to take place of Sylvanas either I imagine...Blightcaller is following her around doing her bidding, so it isn't him.
    Rokhan is now the leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    it will never happen there
    only love will go to humans
    before ,now and forever

- - - Updated - - -

Rokhan is now the leader
    I haven't seen any mention of him in anything since he was in the Horde garrison in WoD...so news to me lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of him in anything since he was in the Horde garrison in WoD...so news to me lol
    if you lvl up your prestige in legion he is the representative of the trolls, and in BFZ orgrimmar-garrison-thing he is also the representative of the troll as their leader.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    I mean, this race literally requires dead enemies and friends to increase in population. How the hell on any living races okay with these guys sticking around is beyond me.
    I could never understand that, either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I could never understand that, either.
    thrall wasn't ok with it, but the main reason why he accepted sylv and later blood elf's into the horde because the Horde needed a foot-hold in EK, both have a chunk of territory's, safe and easily guarded " until the new expansion ", so even the horde didn't like them, but all need each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Love how we have 1 cinematic, and a few art panels and everyones already bitching about the new expansion, without knowing everything thats in it. Main reason so many people say "vanilla was the best". For the last 10 years, everything blizz has done is just met with automatic hate.
    The topic of this thread is already pretty clear, they decided to use the horde again as the war starter and even if they come back with another old god corruption at the end (which per se is already crap given it's basically garrosh 2.05), nothing will change they could have used jaina or graymane for the same purpose but again used the horde.
    So it's not automatic hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you watch the cinematic? I'm not sure that you did friend. Sylvanas is the Warchief of the Horde, her not being heavily involved in the story or expansion wouldn't make any sense but if you're asking where the other races are they're still heavily present especially the Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls as can be see in the cinematic and more than likely the expansion too. The Horde is still the Horde it hasn't changed much for me other then in Leadership, we're still the outcasts, we're still the misfits, we are still the Horde.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

There are only groups of sentients, ultimately native to Azeroth, that ever had sprawling empires: Elves and Trolls.

The factions would be immeasurably benefitted, in terms of faction identity, if these two groups remained as separated from each other as possible.

Nightborne should go Alliance. Not because they have more in common with the Night Elves or High Elves or Void Elves, but because they're not Trolls.

Really, Trolls are just "savage Elves" anyways. They really should be massively important to the Horde.

Darkspear Trolls.
    Amani Trolls.
    Zandalari Trolls.
    Drakkari Trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Really, Trolls are just "savage Elves" anyways. They really should be massively important to the Horde.
    You mean Elves are just "Malformed Trolls".
    Also, having a different outlook on life and religion does not make you a savage.

At best, Night Elves would look savage to humans too. They live in a tree, they are not keen on using much technology, they are kind of fantaical about Elune...
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    You mean Elves are just "Malformed Trolls".
    Also, having a different outlook on life and religion does not make you a savage.

At best, Night Elves would look savage to humans too. They live in a tree, they are not keen on using much technology, they are kind of fantaical about Elune...
    Living in open-air huts in loose collectives, indulging in cannibalism, and generally being xenophobic and hostile are typically considered hallmarks of relative savagery. But like the Night Elves, the Trolls once had a glorious empire that spanned the known world and was cosmopolitan, rife with political intrigue, and thick with elaborate customs. The Night Elves chose a simpler lifestyle after the tumult of the War of the Ancients and the Sundering, and the Trolls lost their empire to the Night Elves and splintered into two main city-states, with the remainder of their people clustered into disparate tribes that backslid into primitive and uncultured savagery.

It's easy to forget what the ancient societies of both the Trolls and the Night Elves must've been like - but Suramar and Zandalar serve as reminders that while the bulk of the Kaldorei and the far-flung Troll tribes might be seen as naturalistic or primitive, their legacy is that of highly-advanced empires.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-08 at 01:29 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    How savage a troll is really seems to depend on two things. The first being their allies, and the second, and probably more important is their loa.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Living in open-air huts in loose collectives, indulging in cannibalism, and generally being xenophobic and hostile are typically considered hallmarks of relative savagery.
    Like the Night elves. Minus the cannibalism and huts.