Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    People seems to forgot aggro was a HUGE deal back then,
    One of the first addons that you were required to use was Omen Threat meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, they are called totems. They were group based and sucked balls when you had more than 5 players in your raid
    Oh that's right, the totem buffs used to be unique.

So Paladins had to Bless every member of the 40 player raid one at a time? But that was still better than totems because you COULD hit all 40?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Blessing of Kings, Judgment of Wisdom(i.e why mages wanded) and bubble (out of combat res) was the big pally toolkit.
    But the BoK alone made alliance the go to side for PvE - it was just that strong.

Shamans had windfury (which was loads of fun), cleansing and mana totem.
    They could also ankh to get ooc for res.

And actually it was hunters who could dump agro the "best" (FD & MD).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Blessing of Kings, Judgment of Wisdom(i.e why mages wanded) and bubble (out of combat res) was the big pally toolkit.
    But the BoK alone made alliance the go to side for PvE - it was just that strong.

Shamans had windfury (which was loads of fun), cleansing and mana totem.
    They could also ankh to get ooc for res.

And actually it was hunters who could dump agro the "best" (FD & MD).
    MD is a TBC ability... Best agro dumpers were hunters FD, rogue vanish and frost mage ice block.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No they didn't. Not in Vanilla.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust

TBC Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added

Was the TBC systems patch but well how are you going to even own it when it required 70?
    I think a lot of people confuse blood lust with wind fury totem.
    I did that earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarven priests and paladins > all. Fear ward and salv were imba
    Not to mention Holy Paladins basically had infinite mana if they could get their crit high enough.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, can't wait to Divine Intervention mid raid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

So Paladins had to Bless every member of the 40 player raid one at a time? But that was still better than totems because you COULD hit all 40?
    Blessings cost reagents iirc. I know most of the other buffs did at least. I was forever running out of those stupid candles on my priest for fortitude and I never had light feathers when i really wanted to levitate ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

It was better than totems because paladins could cover more than 4 other players with blessings and didn't require you to manage groups to benefit from totems. And Salv was imba. Also you have to remember that raids often had more paladins than one, but even one was able to cover everyone with buffs and still have some time to do something (probably passively regen mana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I see so many posts here talking about faction imbalance due to alliance not having bloodlust.

How do people not know this? There is no way someone who played back then can't remember that, even if it's 12 years ago. It was such a big part of the game.
    Reason for this is because most of the try hards on here who are in the 14-20 year old age bracket were between 2-8 years old when vanilla came out and basically full of geek shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    rogue vanish and frost mage ice block.
    Neither of them "dumped" threat, you still got back all your threat and ice block or vanish, it's nowhere near FD
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    MD is a TBC ability... Best agro dumpers were hunters FD, rogue vanish and frost mage ice block.
    Iceblock never dumped aggro. It only delayed your death if you’re aggro was that much bigger then the tank could catch up on till iceblock wore off.

The best part of vanilla was that everything was new, something vanilla servers simply can’t replicate. So I will be avoiding them like a plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Alliance better at raids.

Horde still got world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Alliance better at raids.

Horde still got world first.
    Well isn't that like... this: Alliance had training wheels... and horde (if you really were a kickass player) could brute force anything

Shammy here. Horde had some utility skills too, they worked a bit diferent from the alliance ones, but at least, worked...(tremor totem was OP vs nightmare dragons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of them "dumped" threat, you still got back all your threat and ice block or vanish, it's nowhere near FD
    I had personal experience as a rogue during Vanilla, normally I jumped in on bosses maybe 3 sunders but knew how to use feint in my rotation. Feint did drop threat where as Vanish just took you off the table until you reappeared. Hunters also had a threat dropper I believe but I think it was a melee attack.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    I cant wait for people to die from not managing aggro correctly.
    Vaelastrasz, combat dagger rogues spamming backstab and forgetting to feint/vanish
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I had personal experience as a rogue during Vanilla, normally I jumped in on bosses maybe 3 sunders but knew how to use feint in my rotation. Feint did drop threat where as Vanish just took you off the table until you reappeared. Hunters also had a threat dropper I believe but I think it was a melee attack.
    Hunters had FD, it completely removed them from threat table and put them out of combat. Vanish indeed just removed you from threat table but returned all the threat you had before after your get hit by a combat pulse emanating from boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I don't think Mage, warrior, or warlock had an aggro reduction in Vanilla. I could be wrong though, it's been a very long time and a lot of small spells have gone to the way side. I do know warlocks got one in TBC though, so I'm fairly certain they didn't have one in Vanilla.
    sure they did, our best warrior was soulstoned, went balls to the wall after the 3 sunders until he got aggro, died, rezzed and kept on dpsing

and druids still had combat rez, i believe it was their 31 point resto talent (which is why all druids were resto) EDIT: or was that innervate, i played a dwarf priest in vanilla so...

Alliance was hugely OP in PVE, so there was imbalance. But BL had nothing to do with it(since it didn't exist).