Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    yeah nice try op i was world first naxx player, best blood dk on my server
    I mean technically this could be a factual statement. #wotlk.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh that's right, the totem buffs used to be unique.

So Paladins had to Bless every member of the 40 player raid one at a time? But that was still better than totems because you COULD hit all 40?
    Paladin normal Buffs were 5mins long and only singular. Mid-late Vanilla Greater Blessings were added, they were 15mins long and affect everyone of the target Class. Used to have an Addon called Pallyhelper(from Memory, it's been a while) that basically told you who did and didn't have the blessing per Class.

Totems weren't better because they hit 40, because they didn't, they were group buffs. IN raids if you had 8 groups for the 40mans and there was a Shaman in Group 7, only group 7 received the Totems. Hence why it used to be like a couple shamans in a 40 man, usual 1 for tank group, one for Healer group and 1 for your best Melee DPS group.

Basically, before Greaters some Paladins were literal Buff Bots, just refreshing 40 players 5 min buffs constantly. That was a good old fun time. Especially since Blessing of Kings was a 5 point Talent.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-11-08 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope but they sure did have windfury totem. Which was a shitter. A slight buff to paladin blessings would sort the problem out.

Edit: @Darth Dracula It was Pallypower. Man that addon was a life saver.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Alliance was hugely OP in PVE, so there was imbalance. But BL had nothing to do with it(since it didn't exist).
    Bloodlust and Command for Orcs and Berserking for Trolls still kept them pretty strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Nope but they sure did have windfury totem. Which was a shitter. A slight buff to paladin blessings would sort the problem out.

Edit: @Darth Dracula It was Pallypower. Man that addon was a life saver.
    Pallypower! that's it, I knew it was Pally something, cheers dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    MD is a TBC ability... Best agro dumpers were hunters FD, rogue vanish and frost mage ice block.
    Ice block is not an aggro dump. It's just an immunity which made mobs ignore you for the duration if there was anyone else on their aggro table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I had personal experience as a rogue during Vanilla, normally I jumped in on bosses maybe 3 sunders but knew how to use feint in my rotation. Feint did drop threat where as Vanish just took you off the table until you reappeared. Hunters also had a threat dropper I believe but I think it was a melee attack.
    Wasn't feint just a temporal and partial threat drop just like fade for priests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Hunters had FD, it completely removed them from threat table and put them out of combat. Vanish indeed just removed you from threat table but returned all the threat you had before after your get hit by a combat pulse emanating from boss
    However feint was still a threat reducer for rogues so allowed them to do constant dps at the expense of a little energy now and then to stay low on the threat. Though I am trying to recall if there was a threat related poison though that might have been a BC thing. Regarding locks I think soul shatter was a BC spell that reduced threat. Mages I believe if you were 30 yards from the target you naturally generated like 10-30% less threat designed to give healers and casters/hunters use range without hte need of threat dumps. Warriors I am pretty sure just in general werent meant to dps in Vanilla since so many tanks were needed from time to time. I almost wonder if warriors were suppose to be all tanks but if extra werent needed were just bonus damage that wouldnt risk pulling threat due to no using threat generating spells. Basically auto attack because I think even heroic strike and t clap caused extra agro.

Let's just remember which faction killed KT first shall we. You all need to take your "imbalance" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Vanilla balance (or imbalance if you insist) helped make the game great.

Man reading all this I can't wait for the servers to launch!! Q_Q

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I see so many posts here talking about faction imbalance due to alliance not having bloodlust.

How do people not know this? There is no way someone who played back then can't remember that, even if it's 12 years ago. It was such a big part of the game.
    Because people asking for Vanilla don't know anything about Vanilla...

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    yes and now. Horde had windfury totem which was a stupid melee dmg multiplier. Alliance had fear ward...

edit:

threat was something people had to worry about, yes... but all worthwhile dps classes had tools to handle that. You only really got fucked if you were out gearing/dps your tank to an obscene margin or the tank kept eating abilities that forced them off the boss. Or maybe you over did your attack optimization and got a lucky string of proccs into proccs for more proccs (sword spec, windfury, thrash blade, hand of justice, etc could procc off each other with no internal cooldown)
    Warlocks didn't have the tools to handle threat as I am fairly certain soul shatter wasn't added until TBC. Was 12 years ago so honestly, who the fuck cares at this point.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because people asking for Vanilla don't know anything about Vanilla...
    this, precisely, if they dont know BL was tbc ability, its unlikely they know anything about anything, like MST being only 30s duration at first or the wonders of poison cleanse, grounding or tremor totems or how many basic buffs were only party wide, so you had to buff each party manually AND required vendor reagents to use, and likely have no idea about basic vanilla things like downranking spells or 5 second rule etc

10+ Year Old Account
    tl;dr from the past few posts in this thread: gatekeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    But but i played vanilla since alpha!!111!!!!!111!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post
    sure they did, our best warrior was soulstoned, went balls to the wall after the 3 sunders until he got aggro, died, rezzed and kept on dpsing

and druids still had combat rez, i believe it was their 31 point resto talent (which is why all druids were resto) EDIT: or was that innervate, i played a dwarf priest in vanilla so...
    This one says Swiftmend: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath of air totem served nearly the same purpose but yes the actual spell never existed until TBC which is also when it didn't give a debuff either so could be chain cast but why would you ever bring multiple shaman to a raid anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I see so many posts here talking about faction imbalance due to alliance not having bloodlust.

How do people not know this? There is no way someone who played back then can't remember that, even if it's 12 years ago. It was such a big part of the game.

Lol, funny thing is alliance was stronger in vanilla just because of the stupid fear ward that dwarf priest could buff. Shamans had tremor totem to counter it but compared to full fear immunity it is not as strong..

Many people forgot more about vanilla then they remember... all these warlocks will have to spend hours farming shards, and then only 1-2 of them will be invited to raids for limited debuff slots? all the derp derp dps going to wait for 5 sunders and watch their threat? healers are going to work on getting their spirits up and farm mp5 gear? defense capping? resistance gear farming? all the Boe/reagent drops from 1 raid for weeks are going to be gathered by the ML just to be used for 1 tanks res gear instead of given to you to craft e-boner dps gear? Another thing, going to be locked to 1 spec for most of the PVE career of the game, mages are actually going to stop dpsing and go decursive? .. and many many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    This one says Swiftmend: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0
    Swiftmend was after some talent tree changes, prior to that the 31 pointer was innervate, which is why in a raid every single Druid would have been Resto early on.

bloodlust pah, wasnt needed in vanilla. we had windfury totem. the warriors loved their fellow shamans and never left their side

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Blessings cost reagents iirc. I know most of the other buffs did at least. I was forever running out of those stupid candles on my priest for fortitude and I never had light feathers when i really wanted to levitate ;_;
    Am I remembering right that you used to have to farm the feathers - like NPCs didn't sell them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Hunters also had a threat dropper I believe but I think it was a melee attack.
    yeah that is what disengage used to do. feign death was obviously better, but if there was shit hitting the fan, disengage ~might~ have saved you!