Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I said you don't want Vanilla you'd prefer a remastered version of Warcraft.
    So what? That makes the points I'm trying to present less viable for discussion?

Yes, I would prefer a bit tuned WoTLK, but I can settle down to Vanilla as well. But with bugfixes, modern graphics and revised content.

I'm quite confident that Blizzard is going to do what is best and most profitable and so I doubt that extreme purists are going to be listened to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Well, quite many people have hidden masochistic afflictions
    Some people just play what they want and don't give a shit about raid viability beyond AQ40. Let's be honest it doesn't matter what spec people are in BWL or MC or ZG and you can build a solid ret set for PVP from those.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    Just a question, how is AoE Loot in any way giving the game a challenge or making it more difficult?
    If you are not paying attention to what you have killed, you will miss coins and some loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing you all need to remember.

Its called WoW Classic, not Vanilla.

I have no interest in arguing over what they end up with on opening day or what I would like to see, until we get more news, its all speculation. I think alot of you are mis reading the OPs post. Go re-read it.

Hes not "QQing", and most of these posts dont belong in this thread. Go bitch in the other ones that those posts belong in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just play what they want and don't give a shit about raid viability beyond AQ40
    Heh, raids are the least I care for. PvPer for 10 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    They do, and they can also poll only Classic accounts, but now they are seeing there is a lot of interest from other players too. So the question is will they give in and adjust vanilla a bit to accommodate more people or will they ignore these new extra voices who want to try vanilla.

Also, so far, especially on battlenet, a LOT of the posts are from veterans who DO want QoL changes and I mean dungeon finder tools, all classes being viable, etc. My fear for Classic is that so far Blizzard has always proven they listen to the masses - case in point: more or less all PvP changes, drastic PvE changes, arena systems, old armory gone, etc.

The Classic "discussion" is influenced by "while we do make Classic server for veterans, we can also keep a lot of ppl paying subs even if they dont like next expansions, BUT we might have to add some small stuff to vanilla like a, b, c, d, etc".
    Then, it won't be vanilla and private servers will not shut down.

As I've seen on official wow forums, vets do not want any QoL

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? That makes the points I'm trying to present less viable for discussion?

Yes, I would prefer a bit tuned WoTLK, but I can settle down to Vanilla as well. But with bugfixes, modern graphics and revised content.

I'm quite confident that Blizzard is going to do what is best and most profitable and so I doubt that extreme purists are going to be listened to.
    While alienating those of us that started the ball rolling. Telling the Nost devs to fuck off. Advertising it as "As close to authentic as it can be" and bullshitting us. Yeah, I totally see your point... People asked for Vanilla. They didn't ask for Vanilla+. We played on Vanilla realms and we knew what we were getting into. You're more than welcome to join us but this isn't supposed to be WoW:Remastered and you're going to be told to piss off by the Vanilla fans for demanding it to be as such.

You are currently located on the "Classic WoW - General Discussions" forum. Here, we talk about Classic WoW.

Why is it so unreasonable to you that some people have opinions on what the best Classic WoW would be?

We already know for the most part what this will be. We don't have to discuss what kind of classes will be in the game, how many raids will be in it etc. because it is obvious. Sure we could talk about "what class are you rolling?" and there are topics for that too, but what else do you suggest we talk about?

You seem really salty about Classic servers happening, why are you even here on this "Classic WoW - General Discussions" forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    One thing you all need to remember.

Its called WoW Classic, not Vanilla.

I have no interest in arguing over what they end up with on opening day or what I would like to see, until we get more news, its all speculation. I think alot of you are mis reading the OPs post. Go re-read it.

Hes not "QQing", and most of these posts dont belong in this thread. Go bitch in the other ones that those posts belong in.
    "is a larger endeavor than you might imagine, but we're committed to making an authentic Blizzard-quality classic experience," - Brack

If you change any gameplay system you're no longer making an authentic experience. You're making WoW:The Do Over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Now you little brats going to get your vanilla servers, you should shut the f up and cheer in joy. You reached your goal, you have no right to ask for a WoW 2.0 and speculate what modifications should be in the upcoming vanilla game. It's called "vanilla", because it's the original version of something. Applying the slightest modification makes is "non-vanilla".
    Please understand that those of us who have been fighting for Vanilla WoW for over a year since Nostalrius shutdown and since we handed Mike Morhaime the massive amount of signed papers by people who wanted a nostalgic experice - those "brats" still want nothing else than a completely untouched and pristine replica of old Vanilla WoW. We don't want ANY CHANGES.

HOWEVER you do realize that since the announcement an entirely new massacre of people have joined in on the discussion. And some if not a lot of them do not consider the fact that this is an old patch re-released. But see it as another fun aspect of WoW they can play. And they're the ones asking for updates, imrpovements and modifications and whatever else people want from Vanilla WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    While alienating those of us that started the ball rolling. Telling the Nost devs to fuck off. Advertising it as "As close to authentic as it can be" and bullshitting us. Yeah, I totally see your point... People asked for Vanilla. They didn't ask for Vanilla+. We played on Vanilla realms and we knew what we were getting into. You're more than welcome to join us but this isn't supposed to be WoW:Remastered and you're going to be told to piss off by the Vanilla fans for demanding it to be as such.
    The gross point is: everything HAS to be profitable today. They decided to open Classic realms cause they expect people to come and play and pay for it. But what would Blizzard prefer? A handful of exteme purists or hundreds thousands of people wanting Classic 1-60 game experience with a few reasonable tweaks? For example, graphics. You CANNOT sell a product with graphics of that of Vanilla TODAY, absolutely not.

Deleted
    It's changing a gameplay mechanic for convenience that removes the aspect of looting the individual mob and getting the item you need from it. Granted, it's not going to break the game but it starts out this way and deviates from what the original experience was.
    I would argue that most won't get back that original experience that they once got, like myself. So i would argue that you have to create a new positive experience for people, and some SMALL features can help with that. (and no im not talking about LFG and those things. but maybe small things like autoloot could help create that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I've seen plenty of ret paladins on private servers. Your point...?

We all know why hahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Please understand that those of us who have been fighting for Vanilla WoW for over a year since Nostalrius shutdown and since we handed Mike Morhaime the massive amount of signed papers by people who wanted a nostalgic experice - those "brats" still want nothing else than a completely untouched and pristine replica of old Vanilla WoW. We don't want ANY CHANGES.

HOWEVER you do realize that since the announcement an entirely new massacre of people have joined in on the discussion. And some if not a lot of them do not consider the fact that this is an old patch re-released. But see it as another fun aspect of WoW they can play. And they're the ones asking for updates, imrpovements and modifications and whatever else people want from Vanilla WoW.
    People that want the exact same vanilla experience will find out quick enough, nostalgia for something that was amazing clouds your judgement.

I would bet that as soon as classic servers are released, after a month the amount of active users will half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Guess what. Even a single QoL feature, and it is not vanilla.

All veterans are asking for plain vanilla. Nothing more
    Not true, I know quite a few veterans that played in Classic days and they want a lot of modifications as well, because now they realize the original Classic WoW actually had a major amount of flaws and want them gone before everyone laughs at them when they quit after 2 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    "is a larger endeavor than you might imagine, but we're committed to making an authentic Blizzard-quality classic experience," - Brack

If you change any gameplay system you're no longer making an authentic experience. You're making WoW:The Do Over.

Im quoted here why?

The gross point is: everything HAS to be profitable today. They decided to open Classic realms cause they expect people to come and play and pay for it. But what would Blizzard prefer? A handful of exteme purists or hundreds thousands of people wanting Classic 1-60 game experience with a few reasonable tweaks? For example, graphics. You CANNOT sell a product with graphics of that of Vanilla TODAY, absolutely not.
    would you have 100 people play for 2 years or 500 people for 2 months ?

Also it will have subs to pay for itself.

Also blizzard supports all of its old games servers without profit, BW TFT D2 etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are going to buy it. The purchase alone will cover the investment. Then they'll likely have to have a sub to Live WoW in order to access the game. So they will make money on this even if it's the 50k active players from Nostalrius alone. Also, I'm not digging my moat around a graphics toggle. I wont die on that hill it doesn't change the gameplay. What I don't want is them to "balance" the game or add any gameplay impacting change. That is not Vanilla. That is not an authentic experience we were promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Then, it won't be vanilla and private servers will not shut down.

As I've seen on official wow forums, vets do not want any QoL
    And that's what people really need to think about when they are talking about changing things, if you change/add too much the very people who got all of this rolling to begin with will just go back and make a private server to get the experience they want. Those that originally asked/demanded Vanilla servers wanted just that, the original experience so if you run them off then Blizzard didn't even get the base they were targeting to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancleafage View Post
    People that want the exact same vanilla experience will find out quick enough, nostalgia for something that was amazing clouds your judgement.

I would bet that as soon as classic servers are released, after a month the amount of active users will half.

many people who want the same vanilla experience are playing the same vanilla experience for years on pirate servers. Your point is literally invalid, because you think players wont like it, while it a fact players do like it that way.