Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It should be faster, because content/mobs/quests/dungeons won't just "go grey" or "go green". It should be more fun, because we'll actually be able to finish stories, do the dungeons we WANT to do, and so on.
    THAT !
    I was so annoying to do only 30% of the zone because you gain so much with heirloom, and then delete the other 70%

Deleted
    Has there been any word on if the dungeons scale? Similar to the Legion ones?

I am good either way, just want to know if people are going to spam run Deadmines until 60 haha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Has there been any word on if the dungeons scale? Similar to the Legion ones?

I am good either way, just want to know if people are going to spam run Deadmines until 60 haha!
    They do indeed. I imagine Stockades will be a firm favourite one to spam.

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
    I'm actually putting leveling on hold until 7.3.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it.
    Exactly, plus, I want to level a Dark Iron Dwarf so much, holy fuck man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm actually really looking forward to this change if it makes leveling more challenging - I may actually level one of the new "allied races" through 20-120 normally when BfA is released.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kibil View Post
    Exactly, plus, I want to level a Dark Iron Dwarf so much, holy fuck man.
    Agreed! Same here. Excited to see what other races they come out with.

Deleted
    next thing in line is nerfing the shit out of dungeonXP because people level to quick and blizzard wants them to pay for the character boost. you dont want to spend 30days leveling a twink to get to the actual content? well just pay 50 bucks.

and the people even gona defend it.. as if back in the day grinds where that tedious.. today its just to push people more and more into "maybe just buy the boost".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They said they'd implement the level changes, such as the old world scaling, and decreasing the amount of xp you get per quest so you don't level too fast
    The last part is actually the opposite of how it works. They said that today, the problem is that you want to stay in the zone to learn how the story unfolds, but all the systems in game are telling you to move on (quests becoming grey), this now allows a zone to still provide experience all the way until the new caps (60 for old world). In other words, you'll get more consistent and more XP then you would currently from completing a zone. Think of how Legion works today. You don't have to leave Stormheim because you dinged. You could stay there until you hit level cap and the quest experience never diminishes as you stay in the zone. That's how this is going to work.

IMO scaling has just been a way for lazy designers to get by with out making more\enough content (I can fight the same fucking mobs for 10 levels wow sounds fun.....) hate games that have forced scaling, should always be a toggle option I believe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    this is the exact opposite of what you should do if you enjoy playing this game
    100% this.

The leveling experience is actually gonna get a bit more fun with 7.3.5, so i would say safe your levelin till then and go have fun questing in the old world. Can't wait to do leveling in Netherstorm
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It's more about what you enjoy in WoW. If you enjoy levelling, especially through questing in the world, 7.3.5 sounds amazing. I was already tempted by the alliance-race specific armor but now I'm definitely going to level at least 1 character. If you enjoy endgame then one of the fastest ways to level was to grind out low-level mobs, and with nothing low-level anymore that's going to slow you down a lot.
    That is the problem. This game hasn't been about levelling for a long time. It's about endgame. Almost all of it is about endgame. Now it's going to take you ages to get there on new characters.

I'm surprised everyone's so positive tho. Usually when I hear people about wanting to play a new class it's "Ughhhhh I have to go through that awful levelling again". Well, now it's gonna take you three times as long. You might find it fun the first time around, and maybe the second time. But what if you're on your tenth alt and you have to go through that again? Is it still fun then?

The only thing it does is to decrease how much you'll be flying/running through zone to zone. Save time this way.

This guy threads keep popping on my feed even tho I have him on ignore list. Mods please fix.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Funny, cause I actually planned to stop leveling alts untill 7.3.5 arrives, it became annoying to finish 50% of the zone and see that you have to go somewhere else, finally they're fixing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    Aren't you one of the VANILLA PLAIN sheeps? Because if I am right, it is pretty funny to see the sheeps crying for slow exping :mumble:

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    IMO scaling has just been a way for lazy designers to get by with out making more\enough content (I can fight the same fucking mobs for 10 levels wow sounds fun.....) hate games that have forced scaling, should always be a toggle option I believe.
    Why would you fight against one mob for 10 levels? besides if you want to swap zones every level you can still do that, rotate the zones how ever you want to do it. I'm pretty sure the leveling is going to be faster at some points since you are spending less time travelling to right level range zones and more time enjoying the storyline.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for reminding me OP! I'll go ahead and level my rouge.

I think this belief in regaining the experience you once has is hugely flawed.
    Even excluding the scaling, the toolkit and gameplay as a whole are different from when many of those zones first came out.
    And if you then look at the scaling, the toolkit a player will have will be hugely different at level 20 than it is at level 60.
    If you want the experience at it's best, you should in my opinion be experiencing it at roughly the level range it was at originally, not too far above it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So do we have any idea if they're gonna scale zones like the joke that is Timewalker, i.e continue facerolling leveling like we are now, or actually stop us from killing mobs in two hits? Will we actually have use for self-heals, absorbs, interrupts and stuns?

I think it's fascinating how it's so hard for people to understand WHY they think leveling is so boring now. Yes yes you've done it before, but HOW are you supposed to enjoy ANY OF IT, when you are as powerful as a GOD as soon as you hit level 20? When you NEVER notice the effects of gear upgrades, never have to use anything but main damaging spells, never risk dying? Do you also replay SP-games with Godmode, instagib on the lowest difficulty and then ask why you don't feel engaged?

Current state of leveling is an insult, and it's even worse to see people think the only fix is to make it even faster and even easier.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-11-08 at 01:48 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Waiting for 7.3.5 to actually level new characters, not sure what you expected from this thread lol, another to try and stir shit.